WhiteTiger is offline Junior Member

Question Bigger, Faster, Stronger???

So, Im sure this has been talked about before, but what does everyone think of Bigger, Faster, Stronger Documentary? Anyone recommend a better one?

Also, what is the best book on Steroids ? Overall.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    i thought the guy doing the doco. like the main guy in it. was embarrassing saying that he used steroids . it was a fat **** lol

Little1 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by t-gunz View Post
    i thought the guy doing the doco. like the main guy in it. was embarrassing saying that he used steroids. it was a fat **** lol
    Yep. One was out of shape, the other was an emotional wanna be wrestler living a dead dream.

I did not like that documentary. Also, the commentary sounded like a guy who needed his nuts to drop.

Just watch old Arnold videos, or Branch Warren training videos. They don't need to talk about steroids ...just training

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Little1 View Post
    Yep. One was out of shape, the other was an emotional wanna be wrestler living a dead dream.

I did not like that documentary. Also, the commentary sounded like a guy who needed his nuts to drop.

Just watch old Arnold videos, or Branch Warren training videos. They don't need to talk about steroids...just training
    agreed i dl the branch warren one havent watched it yet.

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    I didn't really like bigger, stronger, faster either. Pumping iron was pretty good.

Yeah, he may have not had the best build but it was educational and you gotta love the first few minutes intro with Hulk, Stalone, Arnold and the 80's. Plus a look inside other professions using performance enhancing was good.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
    Yeah, he may have not had the best build but it was educational and you gotta love the first few minutes intro with Hulk, Stalone, Arnold and the 80's. Plus a look inside other professions using performance enhancing was good.
    Ya. The guys physique doing the documantary was pretty meaningless. He did like 1 cycle and not everyone who has taken steroids is jacked. I thought the movie was very informative and should be watched by many.

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    The 2 brothers in the doc were both power lifters. So their physiques were kind of par for the course in that respect. It was still a very informative and insightful film.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    curious to know what that red shlt is in the syringe of the powerlifter

Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    curious to know what that red shlt is in the syringe of the powerlifter
    Huh?

There's another steroid documentary with a powerlifter taking a b-12 injection...it was red. What scene were you seeing?

Nuzzi is offline Associate Member
    i thought it was pretty rediculous, i was all psyched to see it due to the hype people gave it but felt like it was a waste of time for the most part. it really didnt make any sense and was just a bunch of cry babies. pumping iron was much better of course.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Pumping Iron and Bigger, Faster, Stronger are completely different genres. I don't see how they can be compared.

I thought Bigger, Faster, Stronger did a good job of exposing hypocrisy in the sports world and the ridiculousness of demonizing a drug that most on this forum would like to see decriminalized.

djdizzy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Pumping Iron and Bigger, Faster, Stronger are completely different genres. I don't see how they can be compared.

I thought Bigger, Faster, Stronger did a good job of exposing hypocrisy in the sports world and the ridiculousness of demonizing a drug that most on this forum would like to see decriminalized.
    x2!!!

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    The scene where he hires the illegal aliens to make the dietary supplements was great. Inspired me to go buy some creatine powder and hire some illegals.

The movie was pretty good as far as documentary films of that type can be. He exposed quite a bit of BS in it. The older brother in the movie, the jobber, died a couple years after the film was made. But that guy was using other drugs as well.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuzzi View Post
    i thought it was pretty rediculous, i was all psyched to see it due to the hype people gave it but felt like it was a waste of time for the most part. it really didnt make any sense and was just a bunch of cry babies. pumping iron was much better of course.
    hmmm, someone missed the point........

Walnutz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post

Exactly right. Training videos and Bigger, Faster, Stronger are totally different types of movies.

I love Bigger, Faster, Stronger.

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    Top notch doc

John Romano & Gregg Valentino bring the lulz

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    The older brother in the movie, the jobber, died a couple years after the film was made. But that guy was using other drugs as well.
    Yeah, he tried to kill himself already before the documentary which they talked about in it. Then when he was living in LA working at the wrestling school he still was addicted to many other drugs including Oxycontin I believe. They tried to use this like, "See the guy who was in Bigger Faster Stronger Died" but it was not from Roids. Sad though. Depression and addiction are an epidemic.

mwilkinson is offline Associate Member
    great movie. helped chill my family when i told them i was going to cycle. just didn't want to hide anything. i'm a ****ing adult, and shouldn't. definitely put things in perspective for media bs to real deal. i've recomended it numerous times... but if you're looking for motivational type films i watch pumping iron, any rocky/rambo flick.

SmokeEater is offline New Member
    I thought it was an interesting look into performance enhancers in America and how there looked at. One point that surprised me was the lack of studies done looking into many of the drugs out there.

SmokeEater is offline New Member
    (tried to reply once, no go for some reason) I was interested to see how few medical studies have been done into some of the "performance enhancers".

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    There is no reason to do medical studies on illicit drug use. The medical studies that have been done are usually related to muscle waisting in AIDS patients or seniors. There needs to be a legitimate, marketable reason for a drug in order for studies to be done.

Thread Information