Well, this is my first post on this site guys so let me give this a shot. I’ll start by jumping right in it. Why does age matter necessarily when considering steroids ? I understand that your body is full of testosterone and your body is going through many hormonal changes during your teen years and even early 20’s. Why does it matter if your body is full of testosterone? I understand that many think it doesn’t make sense to put synthetic substances in your body when you can naturally achieve muscle growth more than you will ever be able to again during this age range, but still steroids will aid in growth beyond that of teenage hormones. If done properly and under close supervision of an endocrinologist, why should it be more detrimental for me, a 20 year old, to use steroids than a 26 year old? My diet is spot on and I have lifted religiously, and more importantly intelligently and aggressively, for 5 solid years. I am not a 6’2’’ teen weighing 175 pounds looking for a way to put on mass when clearly eating some damn food and throwing up some heavy ass weight would do the trick. I am currently 6’ and weigh 225 at about 10% body fat. I squat 450, deadlift 450, and bench 320. I don’t think growth plates closing is an issue for me, I am taller than average for my family and do not intend or want to get any taller. I realize all the risks associated with steroid use and feel I have a good understanding on how to confront any issues before they occur and counteract any that may still arise even with proper planning. I have done a lot of research into this subject and do not take steroids lightly at all. If any reasons with legitimate and intelligent bases can be given as to why my age is an issue, I would greatly appreciate hearing them.
Now onto what, if I do indeed take the plunge, I am looking into. I think prohomones for the most part are a load of shit. I have friends that have taken it for years, and even known some people that have taken it without a PCT and somehow, to my knowledge, turned out fine. Although I’m sure if they got some blood work done they may find they are very far from fine. I think the relatively safest path to go down would of course be injectibles. I have looked into a lot of different compounds and steroids, but from what I’ve come to find is that deca along with test enanathate seem to be the most tried and true steroid with a low side to results ratio. PCT is the subject that I would like some input in from you guys. I’d use nolvadex or clomid to counteract the aromatization of the test e, but what about the deca? Would a SERM be effective to counteract Deca? From my understanding deca has little influence on ones estrogen, but on their progesterone, which I would assume a selective ESTROGEN receptor modulator would have little to no effect on. So what method would an individual use to offset the effects of Deca? I would rather not suffer from the wrath of deca shutdown due to overlooking an aspect of PCT. Another question I’d like answered is the cycling method called slingshoting? Ronnie Rowland post beneath this one was very interesting, but I find it a little scary. I have always been told that time on=time off ATLEAST, and ONLY if all sides have been resolved. His post made sense, but I don’t know if would be a very safe approach. Any comments on that subject would also be interesting to hear about.
I appreciate whoever takes the time to read this and hope you guys can give me some useful insight and advice. I realize I’m only 20, so all of your guys real life experience with this subject matter is really helpful.