Sven7 is offline Junior Member

Why the price differrence in prop/enth?

So it seems that everywhere I look, test enth is considerably cheaper than test prop. I realize that due to prop having a shorter ester, there's I believe 20% more testosterone per mg, but that doesn't cover the huge difference in prices. Is there just a much higher demand for prop because of the lack of bloat? Or am I missing something?

Prop is consistently around twice as expensive per gram as enth.

And I know price discussion isn't allowed. But this isn't about specific prices, and isn't eliciting any source begging or anything. It's just about why one is generally so much more expensive than the other.

The Bear 79 is offline Banned

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Its a superior product for athletes... Better for drug testing and stuff. If you play any type of sport or anything at all that involves doping tests prop>E any day.

Hitman Heimler is offline Junior Member
    IM not sure... I speculate that it could be the cost of the ester that make the difference. Test is test, so if it was a cost of "materials" kind of thing, I think it would have to be the ester. Perhaps its harder to create, or maybe there is no reason....

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Supply & demand, same as everything else.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79 View Post
    ^^^^this

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sven7 View Post
    So it seems that everywhere I look, test enth is considerably cheaper than test prop. I realize that due to prop having a shorter ester, there's I believe 20% more testosterone per mg, but that doesn't cover the huge difference in prices. Is there just a much higher demand for prop because of the lack of bloat? Or am I missing something?

And I know price discussion isn't allowed. But this isn't about specific prices, and isn't eliciting any source begging or anything. It's just about why one is generally so much more expensive than the other.
    what you put in your mouth causes bloat, not the compound. prop is associated with not causing bloat because it is associated with cutting cycles in which guys are consuming lighter diets. ive bloated on tren a just as much as ive bloated on adrol and deca

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79 View Post
    Agree!!

WSC786 is offline Associate Member
    Guess Im a little different I can get Prop cheaper then enth. Funny

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Every where I look, Enth is the easiest/cheapest to find. I picked up some sust a few months back and it was 2.5x the price. I only use that at the beginning since short esthers....

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    prop ester is usually in lower concentration than E. So you usually get 2.5 x the mg per bottle with e therefore making it much cheaper.

MR10X is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    The ester makes up almost 45% of the mg in E,so theres only 55mg of test per 100mg of test E.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by MR10X View Post
    The ester makes up almost 45% of the mg in E,so theres only 55mg of test per 100mg of test E.
    Its more than 45%.

Per 100mg:

Testosterone Base: 100mg
    Testosterone Acetate: 83mg
    Testosterone Propionate : 80mg
    Testosterone Isocaproate: 72mg
    Testosterone Enanthate : 70mg
    Testosterone Cypionate : 69mg
    Testosterone Phenylpropionate: 66mg
    Testosterone Decanoate: 62mg
    Testosterone Undecanoate: 61mg

To answer the OP question:

Test Prop per gram is far cheaper than Enanthate or Cypionate . Testosterone is one of the cheapest steroids to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    Its more than 45%.

Per 100mg:

Testosterone Base: 100mg
    Testosterone Acetate: 83mg
    Testosterone Propionate : 80mg
    Testosterone Isocaproate: 72mg
    Testosterone Enanthate : 70mg
    Testosterone Cypionate : 69mg
    Testosterone Phenylpropionate: 66mg
    Testosterone Decanoate: 62mg
    Testosterone Undecanoate: 61mg
    It depends on where you get your infomation,it varies a lot from source to source.Your chart shows Phenylpropionate as having less test than test E yet has a much shorter half life meaning theres less ester in the phenylpropionate.

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i see it listed as both on google but i cant see how enanthate ester is 45%

Jerseystepup is offline Junior Member
    FWIW.... Ive ALWAYS seen the exact opposite.. prop is usually dirt cheap.

Heres a quote from the source i had,They vary a lot just like the half lives very depending on the source.....
    An interesting side note is that the smaller ester chains, weigh less. This is important because it brings another advantage of shorter chain ester drugs to the table. If the ester weighs less, the amount of testosterone per milliliter or cubic centimeter (cc, they are interchangeable) is more. For example, testosterone suspension is 100% testosterone as we have said previously. It has no ester. The short chain ester propionate , is roughly 74% testosterone. This means that if you take a typical 1cc shot of prop at 100mg/cc, this is actually 74mg of testosterone and 26 milligrams of ester weight. A larger ester such as enanthate , is roughly 55% testosterone. Twenty-eight (45%) percent of the gross weight of a given amount of testosterone enanthate is the actual enanthate ester, not the active testosterone that you are searching for. So, a typical 200mg/cc shot of enanthate only contains 110mg of active testosterone. If you have ever used a shorter acting injectable anabolic , and gotten better results than using heavier dosages of longer acting drugs, this is the reason. You may have been getting more “active” drug into your system with what appeared to be less “overall” or gross mg dosage of drug.
    Last edited by MR10X; 10-18-2011 at 02:51 PM.

I got 20ml of prop for the same price as 10ml of enathate.the prop was 125mg per mil and the E was 300mg per mil.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MR10X View Post
    It depends on where you get your infomation,it varies a lot from source to source.Your chart shows Phenylpropionate as having less test than test E yet has a much shorter half life meaning theres less ester in the phenylpropionate.
    Quote Originally Posted by MR10X;5***077
    Heres a quote from the source i had,They vary a lot just like the half lives very depending on the source.....
    An interesting side note is that the smaller ester chains, weigh less. This is important because it brings another advantage of shorter chain ester drugs to the table. If the ester weighs less, the amount of testosterone per milliliter or cubic centimeter (cc, they are interchangeable) is more. For example, testosterone suspension is 100% testosterone as we have said previously. It has no ester. The short chain ester propionate, is roughly 74% testosterone. This means that if you take a typical 1cc shot of prop at 100mg/cc, this is actually 74mg of testosterone and 26 milligrams of ester weight. A larger ester such as enanthate, is roughly 55% testosterone. Twenty-eight (45%) percent of the gross weight of a given amount of testosterone enanthate is the actual enanthate ester, not the active testosterone that you are searching for. So, a typical 200mg/cc shot of enanthate only contains 110mg of active testosterone. If you have ever used a shorter acting injectable anabolic, and gotten better results than using heavier dosages of longer acting drugs, this is the reason. You may have been getting more “active” drug into your system with what appeared to be less “overall” or gross mg dosage of drug.
    Complete bullshit, as usual.
    There is nothing complicated about this. It is simple ****ing chem math. You just calculate the difference in molecular weights between the base compound and esterfied compound.
    Test Enanthate is 70% test.

And yes, phenylprop does contain less hormone than Enanthate. This is because it is actually a very heavy ester (it contains 9 carbons), but the 5 carbon phenyl group breaks off in one chunck, rather than 1 carbon at a time.

And to answer the OP's question: it is largely because a trained monkey could make long-estered test.
    Short esters take a bit more know-how and require more expensive solvents to make them stable and smooth. They also require more labor to brew and bottle, because of the lower concentration.
    And of course there is the demand aspect, since guys are just used to paying more for it and will continue to do so.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 10-18-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte;5***089
    There is nothing complicated about this. It is simple ****ing chem math. You just calculate the difference in molecular weights between the base compound and esterfied compound.

And yes, phenylprop does contain less hormone than Enanthate. This is because it is actually a very heavy ester (it contains 9 carbons), but the 5 carbon phenyl group breaks off in one chunck, rather than 1 carbon at a time.

And to answer the OP's question: it is largely because a trained monkey could make long-estered test.
    Short esters take a bit more know-how and require more expensive solvents to make them stable and smooth. They also require more labor to brew and bottle, because of the lower concentration.
    And of course there is the demand aspect, since guys are just used to paying more for it and will continue to do so.
    When I saw you replied, I was hoping you were going to respond by explaining the ester weights.

Good post.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte;5***089

but he has been using for a zillion years, or didnt you know?!

Yea do the fukin math for us asshole.........show us just how much is in each ester,shouldnt be a problem you seem to know everything...Give it a shot Dec11,put you think your pretty smart also.....

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sven7 View Post

idk what powder source you have that charges more for prop the E but iv nvr seen it like that. Prop powders usually the same as E and Cyp but TNE is always the cheapest.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MR10X;5***179
    Yea do the fukin math for us asshole.........show us just how much is in each ester,shouldnt be a problem you seem to know everything...Give it a shot Dec11,put you think your pretty smart also.....
    Fine, here is how it is done for Test E:
    288.43 (base mass) / 412.61 (base + ester mass) = .699
    This means that Test E is 69.9% testosterone .
    You can calculate any other compound the same way. All you need is the molecular mass of the base compound and of the ester.

NPP:
    274.4 (nandrolone base) / 420.54 (nandrolone phenylprop) = .6525 = 65.25%
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 10-19-2011 at 11:21 AM.

vtje6wu9 is offline New Member
    In my particular area the price difference is not nearly as drastic as some, but it seems the main reason is the prop typically comes in at 100mg/mL in 20mL vials vs. 250mg/mL in 10mL vials. Many of the individuals pushing it propose that the vial is twice as large, thus twice as costly, not realizing that the 20mL vial contains 2g of synthetic hormone vs. 2.5g of synthetic hormone found in the 10mL vial.

Then of course, there are the many behind-the-scenes reasons as stated above; however, when dealing face-to-face with street level suppliers, the reason I listed is often what gets regurgetated back to me.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Come on guy's, lets please keep things civil...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    In my experience mg for mg, Test E has been more expensive than Test P when I purchase. This also includes pharmacy purchases

Thread Information