abt87 is offline New Member

Overweight and wanting to drop 100 pounds

Hey guys,

This is my first time on here so I hope I can get some good advice from all y'all!

So here are my stats:

5'9"
    325 lbs.
    Better than normal blood pressure (110/70)
    Cholesterol is on the higher limit of normalcy (The upper limit is 5.0 and I'm at 4.9)

I go to the gym frequently (at least 4-5 times a week) and I have pretty respectable lifts. But now I really want to lose weight. I wanna get down to 230 lbs. but I have been struggling to lose weight. My diet is pretty good as I count my calories and I do cardio twice a week (30 minutes on the treadmill for each session).

I was hoping whether or not I should supplement my diet with steroids that will help me shed the weight. The important thing for me is that I keep all the muscle I have gained because I have worked too hard for it. I just need to get rid of the fat. Also, I would like to know what are some other drugs that decrease the side-effects of the steroids you recommend (e.g. What drug would you take to prevent hair loss from the effects of Winstrol ).

I know I have rambled so if you need me to clarify anything, let me know!

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by abt87 View Post
    Hey guys,

This is my first time on here so I hope I can get some good advice from all y'all!

So here are my stats:

5'9"
    325 lbs.
    Cholesterol is on the higher limit of normalcy (The upper limit is 5.0 and I'm at 4.9)

I go to the gym frequently (at least 4-5 times a week) and I have pretty respectable lifts. But now I really want to lose weight. I wanna get down to 230 lbs. but I have been struggling to lose weight. My diet is pretty good as I count my calories and I do cardio twice a week (30 minutes on the treadmill for each session).

I was hoping whether or not I should supplement my diet with steroids that will help me shed the weight. The important thing for me is that I keep all the muscle I have gained because I have worked too hard for it. I just need to get rid of the fat. Also, I would like to know what are some other drugs that decrease the side-effects of the steroids you recommend (e.g. What drug would you take to prevent hair loss from the effects of Winstrol ).

How many calories are you getting in? How many carbs? Protein? Fats? Age?

Hey Honkey_Kong,

I eat 3100 calories a day with 40% carbs, 40% protein, and 20% fats.

I usually have this as my meal routine:

Meal #1
    3 eggs, multigrain bread, margarine, and tomatoes

Meal #2
    1 chicken breast, brown rice, Trader Joe's bbq sauce

Meal #3
    Turkey patties with marinara sauce and brown rice

Meal #4 (Post-workout)
    1 scoop protein powder and 2 bananas

Meal #5
    1 chicken breast, brown rice, and bbq sauce (same as Meal #2)

Meal #6
    1 chicken breast OR a cup of cottage cheese

smallwjl is offline New Member
    for what your goal is, first I would drop that from 3100 to maybe 27-2800. next i would up the cardio to about 3-4 days a week (maybe even supplementing every other weeks leg days with plyometrics)

hope this helps!

Arnold jr is offline Junior Member
    If your cholesterol levels are already an issue you're going to want to avoid Winstrol as it can have a very negative effect on cholesterol levels. Of course almost all steroids can have a negative effect in this regard but Winstrol even more so. Other steroids, while they can have a negative cholesterol effect it can largely be controlled by diet...to an extent depending on your genetic disposition.

If you're severely overweight, on one hand it's hard to recommend you supplement at this time since it may be very difficult to control your cholesterol and blood pressure when on cycle. Of course at the same time a simple testosterone cycle would definitely aid you in your leaning out efforts, this can't be denied....still, you'd probably want to use a little extra caution due to what I mentioned about cholesterol and blood pressure.

As for your diet as of now, if you're not dropping weight like you want to, even if you believe your diet is on point something is obviously missing....if you're not dropping the weight you want then obviously changes need to be made. With as much weight as you're wanting to lose it's highly unlikely two 30min sessions of cardio is enough, you probably need to be doing some sort of cardio every day or at least most days. Further, if you're still taking in a large quantity of carbs and just walking on the treadmill slowly you're probably not doing very much in-terms of fat loss. Why don't you try posting your diet and then go from there.

I'd drop it down to 26-2700 calories per day and see where that takes you over the next 60 days.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    steroids arent a good choice for someone with your stats. The higher fat content means higher aromitization which means more sides on a cycle. And it will put additional stress on your body which, who knows how it will respond. Its not a smart choice, work on cleaning up your diet and getting full glucose clearance while doing cardio.
    You prolly need to do more cardio (even walking alot more during the day will help alot, aka stairs no elevator/esclator) Doing some HIT cardio would be good for the 30 min but then you need to constantly be on the move during the day.
    So DONT DO STEROIDS! they may seem like the answer but they arent.

Hmmm thanks for the replies guys...I was planning on losing as much fat as I can naturally until I hit that limit where supplementation with steroids would be a good idea. It seems like I should take that route...

AnabolicJ is offline Associate Member
    check out diet section then hit cardio hard and keep diet clean

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    for me, a diet that seriously restricts carb intake really works. Typically, for two months, I can lose 0.5lbs/day. You may be able to stretch that to 6 months. The higher your bf%, the more you can lose quickly. I still eat as much as I like, just no carbs. I will say this, THAT diet i just described doesn't go well with intense weightlifting, so for me, I'd hit the carb restricted diet and only work out lightly, with intense cardio, until I hit my weight goal. Once you approach your goal, you can start increasing carb intake and also lifting intensity. if all goes well, could take 6 months.

Good Luck!
    ----Roman

VegasRenegade is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!
    Blog Entries
    If you need to lose lots of fat which Id say 100 pounds is then you need not not worry so much about keeping all the muscel. If you work out hard while dieting you will keep as much as you can. depending on your current body fat percent you may even gain some muscel. Drop cal down to 2500 or so get rid of the rice get the carbs down use oatmeal and sweat potatos if you must green vegies ok.
    try 20- 40 min a day cross training work out along with you lifting. alternating intense strenght and cardio and very short intervals. Work you way into this over a couple of months.

I am not an expert for sure but did lose 60 pounds last year and gain mass.

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I love the hcg diet for people like you. I know people that have lost 50 lbs in a year with this diet/protocal. Your diet doesn't look that bad, how long have you been on that diet? Have you lost any weight yet?

You can continue to eat your deit with minimal side effects, but if you want to see FAST and HUGE results I recomend the hcg diet, just go to Amazon and shearch for the book, you need to read all the rules. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Steroids are deffenatly now for you buddy, as posted earlier you are going to be dealing with a ton of estrogen sides.

GL.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Hey Honkey_Kong,

I eat 3100 calories a day with 40% carbs, 40% protein, and 20% fats.

I usually have this as my meal routine:

Meal #1
    3 eggs, multigrain bread, margarine, and tomatoes

Meal #2
    1 chicken breast, brown rice, Trader Joe's bbq sauce

Meal #3
    Turkey patties with marinara sauce and brown rice

Meal #4 (Post-workout)
    1 scoop protein powder and 2 bananas

Meal #5
    1 chicken breast, brown rice, and bbq sauce (same as Meal #2)

Meal #6
    1 chicken breast OR a cup of cottage cheese
    Hi and welcome!

You are now on a new journey by coming here. I hope you know your life is about to change.
    As far as what you are eating above, for now I would try to drop the bread unless it is Ezekiel bread and even so try to limit bread. Also when you eat something like BBQ sauce it can be laden with sugar and then your insulin can spike and it will be very hard to shed BF. And margarine is not something we want to see on a cutting diet either. Have you tried "i can't believe its not butter" in the spray? this might help you wean yourself off the margarine.
    And what percent cottage cheese?

I am curious if you have had any recent bloodwork for your thyroid.

Glad you are here.
    And I bet you would really see a big difference if you came on over to the Diet Question forum. We all end up there sooner or later.
    Hope to see ya there~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    We do not even know how old he is..

I'm guessing he keeps withholding that info for a reason.

Bottom line until you are in the right kind of shape (and age) taking AAS does more harm than good. Believe me when I say there really is not any magic pills out there. It will take hard work and dedication, not only to exercise but to a strict diet as well. Best of luck!

^^ 24
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I am not expert, but I lost 75 pounds once. I would drop my calories to 1800 - 2000 calories a day. Your maintenance calorie intake (at your ideal weight) would be around there. For example, I eat that many calories a day and weigh a consistent 192. I lost 18 pounds of mostly fat recently eating that amount of calories.

Still, I recommend heading over to the diet section if you haven't already.
    Last edited by JohnnyVegas; 10-17-2011 at 11:32 AM.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    steroids will not help you lose weight. Get rid of the bbq sauce. I put franks red hot on everything when dieting.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Definitely need alot more cardio.

^^^ ditto.....and especially fasted cardio as many days a week possible
    Author Unknown

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold jr View Post
    If your cholesterol levels are already an issue you're going to want to avoid Winstrol as it can have a very negative effect on cholesterol levels. Of course almost all steroids can have a negative effect in this regard but Winstrol even more so. Other steroids, while they can have a negative cholesterol effect it can largely be controlled by diet...to an extent depending on your genetic disposition.

If you're severely overweight, on one hand it's hard to recommend you supplement at this time since it may be very difficult to control your cholesterol and blood pressure when on cycle. Of course at the same time a simple testosterone cycle would definitely aid you in your leaning out efforts, this can't be denied....still, you'd probably want to use a little extra caution due to what I mentioned about cholesterol and blood pressure.

As for your diet as of now, if you're not dropping weight like you want to, even if you believe your diet is on point something is obviously missing....if you're not dropping the weight you want then obviously changes need to be made. With as much weight as you're wanting to lose it's highly unlikely two 30min sessions of cardio is enough, you probably need to be doing some sort of cardio every day or at least most days. Further, if you're still taking in a large quantity of carbs and just walking on the treadmill slowly you're probably not doing very much in-terms of fat loss. Why don't you try posting your diet and then go from there.
    you obviously have no clue about advising, so dont. the guy is seriously overweight and you're advising he goes on?!

Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel View Post
    steroids will not help you lose weight. Get rid of the bbq sauce. I put franks red hot on everything when dieting.
    You know what is a good alternative to BBQ Sauce? KC Masterpiece has this Steak Seasoning with Garlic rub. It says it's for steak, but it goes with just about anything (I know this from experience). It's got a bit of salt, but 0 calories. They must put something highly addictive in it too, it's that good.

27300man is offline Associate Member
    Might be irrelevant to some, but on my testE cycle I lost BF, dropped a pant size, and gained good muscle size.

Hope this helps OP!

user12345 is offline Junior Member
    You are not doing nearly enough cardio to drop that weight. Do NOT use steroid for losin weight. At your size, I wouldn't even mess with edphedrine for fear of a heart attack. Cardio, cardio, cardio, cardio. You should be doing two hours of cardio per day at least if you really wanna lose that weight.

You meals look pretty good.

ata1979 is offline Associate Member
    Hey guys,

So here are my stats:

5'9"
    325 lbs.

You cannot use the sentence "my diet is good" then post stats like 5'9 325lbs. Your diet obviously needs alotta work. You also have alotta work to do before your ready for a cycle. I had taken a couple years off after I broke my wrist and I blimped up to 300+. I got down to 220lbs before touching juice again.

Quote Originally Posted by 27300man View Post
    Might be irrelevant to some, but on my testE cycle I lost BF, dropped a pant size, and gained good muscle size.

Hope this helps OP!
    are you recommending that a 5'9 325lb person do a cycle of test E. Why? So he could shoot up to 345lb. Get your diet down and do alotta cardio. The only thing you could possibly consider doing is clen or ephedrine. Also, at that weight you should go get your thyroid levels checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    You know what is a good alternative to BBQ Sauce? KC Masterpiece has this Steak Seasoning with Garlic rub. It says it's for steak, but it goes with just about anything (I know this from experience). It's got a bit of salt, but 0 calories. They must put something highly addictive in it too, it's that good.
    Wallden Farms makes some sauces including BBQ, they are fat free, sugar free, carb free. Very good.

I still recomend you look into the hcg diet.

I guess we lost him when we told him the drugs aren't just going to make the weight fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by gymfu View Post
    Wallden Farms makes some sauces including BBQ, they are fat free, sugar free, carb free. Very good.

I still recomend you look into the hcg diet.
    Wallden Farms is an east coast thing? I did their store locator and nothing around my area. I was going to give them a try too.

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    pretty sure if hes 325 your gonna have to let him have a little splurging here and there,, ,dont think bbq sause is gonna kill the diet. Gotta think pratical,, most obese people cant go from eating what they want to absolute perfect restricted diet.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckt12345 View Post
    pretty sure if hes 325 your gonna have to let him have a little splurging here and there,, ,dont think bbq sause is gonna kill the diet. Gotta think pratical,, most obese people cant go from eating what they want to absolute perfect restricted diet.
    He's just looking for an easy way out. None of us here look the way we do just because of a few injections/pills. It takes hours and hours of hard work in the gym, it takes eating egg whites while your boys are scarfing down pancakes in front of you, it means jogging 5 miles before work. Dedication and determination are wonderful things. You don't need steroids right now, you need to change your lifestyle and your outlook on things.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    check out this thread
    a change up in training routine is a great jump start for the bod and accountability for lbs dropped may be a great motovator

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...etween-Oct-JAN

iforged05 is offline Junior Member
    ata1979, i completely agree with you, and wish people understood that a few injections and pills are not enough to look the way we do!

devildog1967 is offline Associate Member
    quick fix !! go under the knife.. But the best way is good diet and plenty of hard work . Sorry no magic pills and potions

Where did the OP go? I hope you come back.
    Author Unknown

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ata1979 View Post
    He's just looking for an easy way out. None of us here look the way we do just because of a few injections/pills. It takes hours and hours of hard work in the gym, it takes eating egg whites while your boys are scarfing down pancakes in front of you, it means jogging 5 miles before work. Dedication and determination are wonderful things. You don't need steroids right now, you need to change your lifestyle and your outlook on things.
    pretty sure he just asked if it was a good idea and we said no, then he replied back ok i will continue to lose weight naturally

Thread Information