Thread: Pin sizes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    applehead23 is offline New Member

Pin sizes

I have all the prices in place for my next cycle except the pins. It's my first time injecting so I'm still a bit confused on what to buy. Could anyone help out?

23-24g to inject?

18-19g to draw with?

Should I go with 1 1/2 inch for all? Or 1 inch?

I will need about 25 of each kind for a 12 week cycle right?

I have spent so much time researching everything else, I kind of neglected this area.

Is it tough to inject yourself in the glutes? Is it recommended for a first timer?

Thanks

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    What's your stats? Proposed cycle? Where do you plan on injecting?

Quote Originally Posted by boxa06
    What's your stats? Proposed cycle? Where do you plan on injecting?
    6'2, 223 lbs, aprox 12 % bf.

Going to run test e at 500 mg for 12 weeks or 400 mg for 16 weeks. Can't decide. First time injecting. Around 5 or 6 oral cycles. Been lifting over 10 years. Know how to train and eat right.

Wasn't too sure where I was going to inject, is it possible to pin yourself in the glutes? Possibly quads?

I use 23g, 1 1/4inch or 1 1/2inch for my glutes and 23g 1inch for my legs and shoulders. To draw either 18g or 19g is fine.

I find quads and shoulders to be the easiest to inject. Also you may want to get some extra needles just incase you drop one or it comes into contact with something none sterile.

Quote Originally Posted by boxa06
    I use 23g, 1 1/4inch or 1 1/2inch for my glutes and 23g 1inch for my legs and shoulders. To draw either 18g or 19g is fine.

I find quads and shoulders to be the easiest to inject. Also you may want to get some extra needles just incase you drop one or it comes into contact with something none sterile.
    Ok. Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. So pinning in the glutes yourself is tough?

Quote Originally Posted by applehead23 View Post
    Ok. Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. So pinning in the glutes yourself is tough?
    No problems!

I just found it akward to aspirate the syringe but that's just me. I will still use my glutes but just thought I would share my opinion. Quads are my favorite!

Thanks man

misc151 is offline New Member
    I use 23 gauge 1.5 inch, I never change the needle after drawing (makes no different for me). I inject my glute, just do it in front of the mirror

Actually, one last question, hope this is permitted, but what's the best place to get'em online?

TheClinch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by applehead23
    Actually, one last question, hope this is permitted, but what's the best place to get'em online?
    NOT PERMITTED! read the forum rules

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    ^ agree with the gent above me. Can't endorse off forum products/gear. It's a liability question. Some of this you'll have to check out on your own... just google it

When purchasing, does someone buy twice the needles as to syringes, bc u need two needles for every one syringe right?

SufferToReturnHarder is offline Associate Member
    I buy a 100 at a time just cause their so dang cheep. Also, I can have them around for future cycles, 100 of 23g 1inch and 100 18 g..Of coarse thats a lot, but like I said, their cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by SufferToReturnHarder
    I buy a 100 at a time just cause their so dang cheep. Also, I can have them around for future cycles, 100 of 23g 1inch and 100 18 g..Of coarse thats a lot, but like I said, their cheap.
    U buy 100 of the entire syringe and needle?

Quote Originally Posted by SufferToReturnHarder;5***715
    When I go I just get a box of each. 23's, 19's and syringes.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    I use 23g 1" for all sites, works great for low bf...
    Quads n glutes are great sites, quads are completely painless in my experience

You may be able to get away with using the same needle to draw/inject. I originally switched but found that using the same made absolutely no difference pain-wise.

Check out the site sponsor in the top right of the page, good reference point.

user12345 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc;5***739
    You may be able to get away with using the same needle to draw/inject. I originally switched but found that using the same made absolutely no difference pain-wise.
    Absolutley not! You should be banned for recommending this! Do NOT ever re-use a needle. This can cause an infection.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by user12345
    Absolutley not! You should be banned for recommending this! Do NOT ever re-use a needle. This can cause an infection.
    He was implying u can draw from a sterile vial and inject into a sterile site with the same needle there is nothing wrong with that , as he mentioned it just dulls the needle abit..... Cant see an issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    He was implying u can draw from a sterile vial and inject into a sterile site with the same needle there is nothing wrong with that , as he mentioned it just dulls the needle abit..... Cant see an issue here.
    No he wasn't. He was talking about drawing and injecting into himself.

Quote Originally Posted by user12345 View Post
    Why should he be banned for recommending this? It's the users choice rather or not they want to switch out the needle. I myself always switch, but I know tons of people who don't. Of coarse there is a risk of causing infection if you don't switch, but thats the users choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SufferToReturnHarder View Post
    Why should he be banned for recommending this? It's the users choice rather or not they want to switch out the needle. I myself always switch, but I know tons of people who don't. Of coarse there is a risk of causing infection if you don't switch, but thats the users choice.
    He should not be recommending this because it increase the likelihood of an infection. I don't care aobut the dull thing, though that is another reason not to recommend this.

xelnaga is offline Banned
    My doc. has a take a pin give a pin box in the exam room. Usually they are red.

misc151 is offline New Member
    you can get your needle from our sponsor ar-r

Just google it man, you'll find a million different sites.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    23-25 gauge to inject.
    1" for delts,biceps,delts
    1.5" for glutes
    20g to draw with.

23-24g to inject?
    I've injected test with up to 25.5g

18-19g to draw with?
    Yes

Should I go with 1 1/2 inch for all? Or 1 inch?
    Depends where you are injecting.

I will need about 25 of each kind for a 12 week cycle right?
    That should do. I prefer to inject once per week. Of course, always buy extra than needed becuase something could go wrong. You may need to use your injection needle twice. You could stick in a vein or have severe injection pain and have to re-stick.

Is it tough to inject yourself in the glutes? Is it recommended for a first timer?
    If you are a first timer, I recommend having someone experience (juicer or nurse) inject you. I recommend pinning delts, not many nerves, no pain, use a one inch pin.

Thread Information