streeter is offline Associate Member

Anastrozole vs Tamoxifen

I have always used Anastrozole for anti E sides which actually I have never had any gyno sides thank God, Maybe due to the Anastrozole. Anyway I hear a lot of people talk about Tamoxifen is it better to use than Anastrozole what is the major difference? Which one is stronger etc... I am just wondering because maybe I am using old school technology and everyone else has moved on to Tamoxifen and I just don't know enough about it. If I am wrong on this is there something better than Anastrozole I should look at? I've always been told to stay away from Letro unless you actually have gyno.

And what about EXEMESTANE I read it works differently but am unsure the difference between them or when and why I would choose one over the other. I ask this because I will be starting a second cycle in December and will be adding Deca for the first time. So I am researching and trying to make sure I have everything covered before starting. I am looking at buying some Caber as well.
    Last edited by streeter; 10-22-2011 at 10:01 AM.

coot589 is offline Junior Member
    It depends what works best for you. Personally I use Anastrozole because I know after many cycles and blood test that my body will produce a lot of estro while on cycle so with Anastrozole my levels drop to almost nothing and with tamoxifen it is not such.
    So during cycle I use Anastrozole and during PCT I use tamoxifen because from all the research I have done. I have learned that when you stop Anastrozole your body rebounds with a surge of estro. So the tamoxifen helps to keep the surge from binding to receptors and hurting the gains you worked hard for. For most people Tamoxifen is fine to use for both on cycle and PCT. I guess my body is sensitive to estro at high levels so I keep them low, Everyone is different. I only use Caber for Tren but is a good idea for any 19-nor compound but I feel it is overkill for Deca unless using amounts of above 600mg a week or more but again everyone is different and you really never know what you need without blood tests. 400mg-600mg is a normal dose higher doses take more precautions.

MR10X is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    They work differently,Anastrozole inhibits the conversion of test to estrogen.Nolvadex doesnt stop the conversion but ties up the estrogen receptors so the estrogen cant bind to it. I believe its best to use the anastrozole while your on the cycle to keep estrogen levels low and then use Nolvadex and clomid for PCT to get your system back to normal.

Thread Information