vinmy004 is offline Junior Member

How do you know if your estrogens levels are to high or to low?

Hey im currently running a twelve week cycle of:

Test E 500 - 12 weeks
    D-Bol - 4 weeks
    Aromasin 12.5mg EOD

I decided to use aromasin instead of A-Dex and use it at the start of my cycle as i was scared of gyno as from the photos i posted of myself some of you guys said i looked gyno prone, but what i was wondering is how would i know if my estrogens levels are to high or to low? What are the hints or things to look for, as i heard to little estrogen will make my gains less, while to much and ill be run the risk of gyno. Is there anyway to know and which is better to be over or under if its not perfect?

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    As long as there is no gyno then I wouldn't run an AI. I keep one on hand and only use it if I get itchy or sensitive nips. Taking an AI will almost always limit you gains. If estro gets to low you can get joint pain, decreased immune system, mood swings.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by im83931 View Post
    As long as there is no gyno then I wouldn't run an AI. I keep one on hand and only use it if I get itchy or sensitive nips. Taking an AI will almost always limit you gains. If estro gets to low you can get joint pain, decreased immune system, mood swings.
    I strongly disagree.

It is damn tough to drive estrogen low enough to affect gains on a heavily aromatising cycle with anything but Letro. And even if you do overdo the AI a bit, you'll notice the joint pain quickly and back off a bit.
    The goal is just to keep E2 within the normal range at all times. High estrogen does not promote gains, but it does promote a huge list of side effects.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm halfway between you 2. I would t run an ai untill I had some sides showing too high estrogen then for future cycles I would do the same minimal dose of ai to prevent extreme sides. Growth factors are heavily estrogen related so in a way it does hinder gains but it wouldnt have much difference between w/ ai vs w/o ai. Growth factors would be better if there were minor tendon/ligament damage to help heal while on a cycle but that's pretty much it.
    I'm a big fan of finding the appropriate dose for my own body so I don't deal with extreme sides and have to take other drugs to try to co tell the. Because it then becomes a big cocktail which is harder to regulate and pinpoint problems

vinmy004 is offline Junior Member
    thanks for the replys but are there any signs of either to high or to low? apart from joint pain from to low as bonaparte said. I still have a sex drive and still get it up easy, and so far my nipples are fine and no acne really so would u say my dose is ok atm? however im just at the start of my fourth week?

Water retention is the easiest indicator. If you wake up looking fatter than normal, your E2 is probably high.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Water retention is the easiest indicator. If you wake up looking fatter than normal, your E2 is probably high.
    I agree.
    Also how does someone look gyno prone?

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I agree.
    Also how does someone look gyno prone?
    Fat with big nipples, I guess. lol

D123 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vinmy004 View Post
    thanks for the replys but are there any signs of either to high or to low? apart from joint pain from to low as bonaparte said. I still have a sex drive and still get it up easy, and so far my nipples are fine and no acne really so would u say my dose is ok atm? however im just at the start of my fourth week?
    I always get blood work done once all ingredients are up and running (week 4-6). IMO there is never a need for ancillaries (AI's) unless you are prone or you are having symptoms, but its always a great idea to have them on hand. The blood work will help in many ways, it also will let you know exactly where your estrogen sits and will help you dial it in, over time this will become second nature to you.

Good Luck

Thread Information