dragpack is offline New Member

stupid question about stretch marks

just wondering when some of you guys starting putting on a lot of muscle weight
    like 20 pounds or so like on a first cycle if you guys get alot of stretch marks.

i got alot from back in middle school/high school weight lifting class and have them around my arm pits and across my biceps,
    but most noticeable in the arm pit region. also got what i would call gyno when puberty started.

just wondering if these things would increase during a cycle

SufferToReturnHarder is offline Associate Member
    Yes. Moisturizers and creams help with the marks, so I have heard anyways (never had them bad).. Gyno is also known to happen for many users from cycling.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by dragpack View Post
    just wondering when some of you guys starting putting on a lot of muscle weight
    like 20 pounds or so like on a first cycle if you guys get alot of stretch marks.

i got alot from back in middle school/high school weight lifting class and have them around my arm pits and across my biceps,
    but most noticeable in the arm pit region. also got what i would call gyno when puberty started.

just wondering if these things would increase during a cycle
    Well, your skin can change over the years, but I'm guessing it's not very elastic. Neither is mine. I'm also sporting a few stretch marks in my armpits. I've found that lotions with vitamin E help make them fade a bit, but they don't go away.

But yeah, I think you're more likely to experience gyno during a cycle. There are things you can take to help prevent it though.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I got stretch marks almost everywhere on my body lol. I've tried vitamin E but it takes like 3 months of everyday application before start noticing a difference and once you stop they come back. Or atleast they did with me. A couple local BB's have been using some cream made for pregnant chicks to get rid of their stretch marks. Supposedly that gets rid of them faster and more effectively. I don't remember the name of the top of my head but a quick google search should yield results.

I would definitely say these will increase on cycle as long as you put on a good amount of muscle. I mean if you got them while being natural there is a high chance you will get them while on the good stuff.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I can see my skin stretching, but no marks. Just like some women don't get the marks during pregnancy.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Cocoa Butter! Works wonders for stretch marks and smells nice also :-)

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    What do pros do about stretch marks before competitions?

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Well, your skin can change over the years, but I'm guessing it's not very elastic. Neither is mine. I'm also sporting a few stretch marks in my armpits. I've found that lotions with vitamin E help make them fade a bit, but they don't go away.

But yeah, I think you're more likely to experience gyno during a cycle. There are things you can take to help prevent it though.
    i know a good dark tan helps cover them up, lol ones on my upper body dont bother me
    so much, but have some on my sides/stomach and i really wasnt that fat when i got them lol
    when im ready i will def load up on some something for gyno. but i have it naturally,so illl propbly just
    have to do the surgury someday

Gi812Many is offline Member
    My skin is really elastic, on the upper body....Although my legs is where I have some wicked stretch marks, my hamstrings and ass.

Gi812Many is offline Member
    but i have it naturally,so illl propbly just
    have to do the surgury someday
    Save your money, had it done twice...came back. They do not remove the glands just the tissue.

MuttonChop is offline Associate Member
    I have many myself around the armpit region. I highly recommend sitting down and thinking about why they bother you and whether they bother you enough.

The reason I say this is because of many years of hating them and trying everything under the sun, I decided that they really are not that bad. I now just patiently wait for the day medicine has a permanent cure, and I suggest you do the same instead of wasting money on creams that never really work, and surgeries that are as permanent as a whore's virginity.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    creams=waste of money

some scar and some dont, i only know of one guy who gets them everywhere. depends on the individual's skin

Quote Originally Posted by MuttonChop View Post
    I have many myself around the armpit region. I highly recommend sitting down and thinking about why they bother you and whether they bother you enough.

The reason I say this is because of many years of hating them and trying everything under the sun, I decided that they really are not that bad. I now just patiently wait for the day medicine has a permanent cure, and I suggest you do the same instead of wasting money on creams that never really work, and surgeries that are as permanent as a whore's virginity.
    the marks dont bother me, the ones on my stomach kinda do but like i said, a good tan covers them up.i was just
    wondering like on a first cycle is skin like mine would really stretch because of all the muscle/weight i guy puts on in a first cycle.
    but my puffy tits i could live better without..

ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I have had mine on my sides since I was a kid (overweight), but stretch marks anywhere else are battle scars! Is there anyway to get rid of the deep violet ones?

Quote Originally Posted by dragpack View Post
    the marks dont bother me, the ones on my stomach kinda do but like i said, a good tan covers them up.i was just
    wondering like on a first cycle is skin like mine would really stretch because of all the muscle/weight i guy puts on in a first cycle.
    but my puffy tits i could live better without..
    I feel that I don't get stretch marks on a cycle with heavy aromatizing compounds...but this could just have been a coincidence or perhaps the water bloats somehow helps moisture the skin. But then, the initial breakage of the cells can occur without you seeing the scar for a while.

Personally, I think that there is only a weak connection between muscle growth and stretch marks. Pregnant women have their skin stretched waay beyond what our skin on the large muscle groups see. I may have my facts a bit mixed up, but the presence of gluco-cortisoid hormones prevents good skin health and is one of the independent reasons for the lack of tautness. A lot of steroids , especially AR based ones like Tren , cause a suppression of the cortisoid family of hormones. This would suggest that if you are on a cycle, you would have a lower chance of getting stretch marks.

Someone feel free to add to this.

Blog Entries
    I feel that I don't get stretch marks on a cycle with heavy aromatizing compounds...but this could just have been a coincidence or perhaps the water bloats somehow helps moisture the skin. But then, the initial breakage of the cells can occur without you seeing the scar for a while.

Personally, I think that there is only a weak connection between muscle growth and stretch marks. Pregnant women have their skin stretched waay beyond what our skin on the large muscle groups see. I may have my facts a bit mixed up, but the presence of gluco-cortisoid hormones prevents good skin health and is one of the independent reasons for the lack of tautness. A lot of steroids , especially AR based ones like Tren , cause a suppression of the cortisoid family of hormones. This would suggest that if you are on a cycle, you would have a lower chance of getting stretch marks.

all personal thoughts and no fact. how does the compound used make any diff to stretched skin?

its blatantly simple, increased muscle size = stretched skin, to those susceptible

what is your cycle experienced to be comparing all these compound differences?

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    all personal thoughts and no fact. how does the compound used make any diff to stretched skin?

its blatantly simple, increased muscle size = stretched skin, to those susceptible

what is your cycle experienced to be comparing all these compound differences?
    I am sorry that you did not see the next few words where I say that it could have been a coincidence...I did present everything as opinion and never pushed them as facts, and even asked to see if anyone could expand on this. I am merely guiding the discussion based on my observations.

Increased muscle size is definitely one of the reasons for stretch marks, but all I am saying is that there must be some other major reason for stretch marks, "to those susceptible" in your words. Is it genes? Is it hormones?

Edited for added content: And how exactly do you explain people getting stretch marks in places where the skin is not stretched. I think we even had one of those cases in a few posts up.

Blog Entries
    muttonchop, i suggest you stop giving advice on things you nothing about, you talk like you've been cycling for years when infact you were on here looking for 1st cycle advice in march of this year.
    you tell pointless lies about what you're studying, stop lying and trying to give advice on matters you nothing about. im not trying to flame, but you have to understand that some ppl are taking in what you say as advice.

here your studying elect eng and commerce
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...t=#post5559460

and here, afew months later, your a med student
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...t=#post5800957

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    muttonchop, i suggest you stop giving advice on things you nothing about, you talk like you've been cycling for years when infact you were on here looking for 1st cycle advice in march of this year.
    you tell pointless lies about what you're studying, stop lying and trying to give advice on matters you nothing about. im not trying to flame, but you have to understand that some ppl are taking in what you say as advice.

here your studying elect eng and commerce
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...t=#post5559460

and here, afew months later, your a med student
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...t=#post5800957
    I find it very fascinating that the internet has turned into such a place for mistrust. Please don't jump to any conclusions. And I know you are a smart individual, and I non-sarcastically ask you to read better and ask if in doubt about anything I might have said.

I was in my third year of Engineering. As you can see from my location, Canada has medical schools that let you apply after third year of an undergrad. Do I need to complete the picture or can you fill in the missing pieces?

But you are right in saying that I am still a beginner to the steroid world in terms of experience. But I do have the knowledge. I have spent a lot of years reading up on these things and hence I feel that I can pass along knowledge. And I do it in the open so that experiences people like you can correct me if I am wrong. You can go through all of my posts and see that I draw a solid line between what is a PERSONAL opinion and what I have read as FACT.

This topic of stretch marks is something that I have been battling since my teens and hence my heavily opinionated posts. I don't mean to thread on your toes. But please do return the respect I show you and the other vets.

Blog Entries

Dec calm down, you make claims on personal experience all the time.

hes on the right track.

The fact is that stretch marks are more hormonally controlled than muscle size, but the muscle has to grow for them to appear. Corticosteroids inhibit fibroblasts from making collagen which fills in the spaces in the stretch mark. You are right about that.

As for the being on cycle, it all depends on the person. Test, estro, cortisol are all in the same cholesterol derivative family and altering one can affect the other 2. Thats how u can get increased appetite, acne, and other 'test/estro' sides on cortisol-steroid shots, because you replace the 'cortisol' made in the body which shifts prodution towards the other 2.
    However, it also seems that if one has high progesterone levels those kind of issues are going to be more prevelant due to progesterones action as a resivoir for hormones in the body. It is a precursor for all 3 of those, but doesnt have much action in the male body. however, too high of levels will inhibit production of the following 3 aka the high suppressiveness of progestins (deca , tren)

That is a good base of knowledge of the endocrine system, one thing ya gotta realize is that its all interconnected which makes it very complicated if you try to break it down to the minute details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    Dec calm down, you make claims on personal experience all the time.

hes on the right track.

The fact is that stretch marks are more hormonally controlled than muscle size, but the muscle has to grow for them to appear. Corticosteroids inhibit fibroblasts from making collagen which fills in the spaces in the stretch mark. You are right about that.

As for the being on cycle, it all depends on the person. Test, estro, cortisol are all in the same cholesterol derivative family and altering one can affect the other 2. Thats how u can get increased appetite, acne, and other 'test/estro' sides on cortisol-steroid shots, because you replace the 'cortisol' made in the body which shifts prodution towards the other 2.
    However, it also seems that if one has high progesterone levels those kind of issues are going to be more prevelant due to progesterones action as a resivoir for hormones in the body. It is a precursor for all 3 of those, but doesnt have much action in the male body. however, too high of levels will inhibit production of the following 3 aka the high suppressiveness of progestins (deca , tren )

That is a good base of knowledge of the endocrine system, one thing ya gotta realize is that its all interconnected which makes it very complicated if you try to break it down to the minute details
    ah here comes the doctor. how many warnings have you had? always sniffing in the back ground to start arguments with your know it all copy and paste

Blog Entries
    If you cant add in a informative viewpoint on this topic please stop. Good luck trying to find where i copied and pasted that from (mainly cuz i wrote it, not someone else)

So, Lemonada8, are you saying that the parallel increase in progesterone will nullify any beneficial effects of the corticoid suppression seen by the AAS?

And if that is the case, would adding something like Winstrol or Letro (both of which show some anti progesterone activity) add any benefits in terms of preventing more stretch marks?

And @dec11: I just hope that there are no hard feelings because we are all here to share and learn. I just went back up and realized that you had specifically put my comment on aromatizing compounds in bold. I would love to show you the biological processes involved behind Vitamin E that occur in parallel with hormones like Testostorone, but I have a feeling that I will only be wasting both of our time because I can't remember all of my sources, and because I feel that open mindedness is required for these things. Otherwise, we are back to murdering each other for saying that the Earth is round and not the center of the Universe.
    Last edited by MuttonChop; 11-07-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Rya
    Rya is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Livinlean
    I got stretch marks almost everywhere on my body lol. I've tried vitamin E but it takes like 3 months of everyday application before start noticing a difference and once you stop they come back. Or atleast they did with me. A couple local BB's have been using some cream made for pregnant chicks to get rid of their stretch marks. Supposedly that gets rid of them faster and more effectively. I don't remember the name of the top of my head but a quick google search should yield results.
    They're probably using bio oil.

Stretch marks are permanent the oil will help to reduce the visibility of them though.

If you expect to pack on a lot of size in a relatively short period of time ( first cycle etc ) then use it from the start throughout. It's not expensive and if it can help then use it.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Any time you gain weight quickly there is the chance of stretch marks. When I first started training, no steroids but when I was at my peak anyways, I gained 35 lbs and put on stretch marks on my thighs and glutes and groin, and armpits, After years they turned white, then other times when I have gained weight quickly it added to it, I even gained more weight the second time around but my body weight had fluctuated a lot more over the years, so the second time I got stretch marks, there were more in the armpits and in a new place on the thighs, but really not bad enough to care. They change color over time and are less noticeable, but if you want to really avoid them you should gradually gain weight over time. I will have lost 50 lbs before I start gaining any muscle weight again, I don't anticipate getting any new stretch marks, skin should already be stretched lol.

Blog Entries
    So, Lemonada8, are you saying that the parallel increase in progesterone will nullify any beneficial effects of the corticoid suppression seen by the AAS?

And if that is the case, would adding something like Winstrol or Letro (both of which show some anti progesterone activity) add any benefits in terms of preventing more stretch marks?
    Well, yes but progesterone wont increase on a cycle... its built up through our life (during puberty mainly)... it really shouldnt raise and the only time it actually affects us on a cycle is when estrogen gets to high (but then thats mainly prolactin also, but the progesterone is linked with estrogen *becomes 'stronger' in a sense) But those with a high natural reserve would have a higher chance of gettin large stretch marks on cycle because of the combined effect with muscle growth.
    I would bet that using progestins you would have a larger chance of gettin stretch marks (b/c they partially bind to the PR which can inhibit fibroblasts) and they have more 'mass' capabilities than other compounds. That is one reason taking a multivit is important, esp on a cycle. And why vit c is reccommended in addition (it lowers cortisol conversion)

as for adding in winny or letro... perhaps that would make a difference but the issue you run in there is the risk of tendonious stress and the joint issues (the nature of DHT, and too low estrogen). But those are always a issue when using those compounds, but to take additional b/c of fear of stretch marks may be a little reckless... i would say that other precautions would be better (multivit, cocoa butter/shea/carrot lotion, high rep body weight exercises, etc) to keep stretch marks to a minimum.

K.I.P. is offline New Member
    I'd post the URL, but obviously I'm a noob (website wouldn't allow me to). Type "tretinoin stretch marks" into PubMed if you'd like to see firsthand. Basically, tretinoin cream may help with stretch marks if you use it as soon as you see you're developing them. It hasn't been shown that tretinoin can help with old stretch marks.

Abstract
    BACKGROUND AND DESIGN:

Stretch marks are disfiguring lesions usually caused by excessive stretching of skin. We investigated the response of early, clinically active stretch marks to topical 0.1% tretinoin (retinoic acid) cream. In a double-blind, randomized, vehicle-controlled study, 22 patients applied either 0.1% tretinoin (n = 10) or vehicle (n = 12) daily for 6 months to the affected areas. Patients were evaluated by physical examination monthly and by analysis of biopsy specimens of stretch marks obtained before and at the end of therapy in comparison with untreated normal skin.
    RESULTS:

After 2 months, patients treated with tretinoin had significant improvements in severity scores of stretch marks compared with patients who received vehicle (P < .05). After 6 months, eight (80%) of the 10 tretinoin-treated patients had definite or marked improvement compared with one (8%) of the 12 vehicle-treated patients (P = .002). Targeted stretch marks in patients treated with tretinoin had a decrease in mean length and width of 14% and 8%, respectively, compared with an increase of 10% (P < .001) and 24% (P = .008), respectively, in patients who received vehicle. There were no significant differences in various measures of quality and quantity of dermal collagen and elastic fibers in stretch marks when tretinoin and vehicle treatments were compared.
    CONCLUSIONS:

Topical application of tretinoin significantly improves the clinical appearance of early, active stretch marks. The processes that are responsible for the clinical improvement remain unknown.

Thread Information