MuttonChop is offline Associate Member

Exclamation Steroids - A Never Ending Cycle?

Ignore the pun in the title because what I mean to say is: once I have felt what these drugs do to my body, how can I ever go back to training natural? Let me expand a bit below.

I did a few cycles to get a scholarship. Now that I am no longer in it for the money, I would like to continue with the iron game. Hypertrophy is now my main goal instead of strength.

I have two questions that I hope I can get some good answers on:

a) After having successfully come off of three cycles, one being with Tren , I feel that I have a good grasp of PCT. Blood work is easy having doctors in the family who can monitor me. Now, my question is, why would I ever go natural? Its just so easy to take the short cut. Please don't scoff at me for using the word 'short cut'. It in no way implies that there is low overall work requires, but less relatively speaking.

b) This kind of ties into the former question. I will be going to Med School, and a lot of my months ahead will be taken up by educational volunteer trips to some third world countries. This means that I will have low access to Protein, Mass Gainers, etc. One of these trips that will last 3 months purposely only lets me bring 5 pounds of edible products. During this time, I am extremely scared of losing my hard earned muscle. I will have no access to a Gym either, but I have had my trainer and coach teach me a lot of body workouts but these are definitely not enough.

What do I do? I obviously don't plan on taking anything with me on the trip that is illegal. I foresee a lot of these months of no training and food ahead of me for a few years. Will I have to rely on steroids to even just maintain? I would also like some new dads/mums etc to chime in on how they managed.

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    If ur not going 2 b able 2 maintain a sufficient diet, & training regime, then cycling is a pointless waste of time & $$$$. BTW, Wut kind of "managing" r u referring 2 in regard 2 "new dads/mums"?

stpete is offline Banned
    Congrats on your career.But you should know that all the AAS in the world is only going to yield minimal gains without proper diet and workout regimen.
    Interested in your previous cycles and PCT.

PetrX is offline Associate Member
    I'm a diabetic type 1 and my natural test is alittle on the low side, so my dr gave me a prescription of testand put me on trt for when ever I'm ready and the va has me covered for life so now I'm thinking of just 100 a week and then twice a year cycle at 500 a week for 15 weeks and then back to 100 a week...if you can afford trt for life then go for it lol

ironman1973 is offline New Member
    Im on TRT because 3 years ago I was diagnosed with Hypogonadism (low test). In my 30's, I've never even touched any type of steroid . Just happened. I've been lifting my whole life, and as I'm approaching my 40's, I've become frustrated with natural training. I'd like to try what PetrX suggested. Only problem is I'm on Androgel . I've experimented with it, and have gotten my Test level in the upper 900 range..but not sure if that's enough.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman1973 View Post
    Im on TRT because 3 years ago I was diagnosed with Hypogonadism (low test). In my 30's, I've never even touched any type of steroid. Just happened. I've been lifting my whole life, and as I'm approaching my 40's, I've become frustrated with natural training. I'd like to try what PetrX suggested. Only problem is I'm on Androgel. I've experimented with it, and have gotten my Test level in the upper 900 range..but not sure if that's enough.
    You can run cycles while you're on TRT. just stop using the androgel a couple weeks in to your cycle. then continue it at the end.

jamesz123 is offline Associate Member
    natural training is to build a base --- to learn how to train and eat, that will help in maintenance.
    What I have to be careful about is not to get to a level that is hard to maintain when I am off cycle. I do not want to look like one of these guys who looks very different 4 months of the year and the rest he looks much smaller and softer. So my main focus is something that I can maintain without the juice (or atleast 90% of it).
    So what do I do - take less of the stuff when on a cycle and gain slowly. That way I keep most of my strength and size when off and THAT is encouraging. Think of this - Do you want to be running after the "next cycle" all year round. Is that your priority? Only you can answer that. We all have different goals.

MuttonChop is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesz123 View Post
    natural training is to build a base --- to learn how to train and eat, that will help in maintenance.
    What I have to be careful about is not to get to a level that is hard to maintain when I am off cycle. I do not want to look like one of these guys who looks very different 4 months of the year and the rest he looks much smaller and softer. So my main focus is something that I can maintain without the juice (or atleast 90% of it).
    So what do I do - take less of the stuff when on a cycle and gain slowly. That way I keep most of my strength and size when off and THAT is encouraging. Think of this - Do you want to be running after the "next cycle" all year round. Is that your priority? Only you can answer that. We all have different goals.
    Thanks to everyone for their answers. It has aided me in thinking more about my situation. I found jamesz123's post especially spot on. I feel that I am near my genetic limit, but not yet over it. I train well while off because I have been doing that for a while for football. Its just that, it just doesn't feel satisfying to be natural anymore.

But I can deal with that if it had not been for the fact that I will be in forced layoffs from the iron for quite a while. It feels hopeless trying to maintain or regain anything back while staying natural.

Sorry if this is just a clusterf**k of thoughts sprayed all over. Just thinking out aloud and hoping someone can add some more insight.

Thread Information