Thread: Carbs on cycle

NOSUPERMODEL is offline Member

Carbs on cycle

I know this is kind of a food question but I figured I might get more responses here. So are carbs a necessity while on cycle? I guess I should say a HUGE amount. I for one do not get tired if I eat around 100-150 carbs a day. And I also don't feel that more energy in the gym if I would eat twice that on a carb load day. So I was just wondering why people suggest so many carbs. And by the way I am nit on a cycle right now. Considering my first blast in January and was just curious.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i eat depending on what my goals are.

I seem to just get real bloated when I eat a lot of carbs and retain a lot of water. That's why I was wondering. I definately don't want that while on cycle.

denverpride is offline Associate Member
    What are your goals? Kinda matters

sir.solidarity is offline Associate Member
    Glycogen storage changes drastically on cycle and has a lot to do with "water retention."
    Unless you're already Keto, I'd suggest staying on carbs to maintain high energy during your workouts.
    You're going to feel like shit trying to cold-turkey keto even if you're on cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by denverpride View Post
    What are your goals? Kinda matters
    Lose some body fat(which I am working on now before my blast) and to put on some lean muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by sir.solidarity View Post
    Glycogen storage changes drastically on cycle and has a lot to do with "water retention."
    Unless you're already Keto, I'd suggest staying on carbs to maintain high energy during your workouts.
    You're going to feel like shit trying to cold-turkey keto even if you're on cycle.
    I am not wanting to go keto at all. I just don't eat 400-55 grams of carbs like you see some people say they eat. And I never have any problems finishing my workouts or going hard and heavy in my workouts.

That was my question...do guys eat a lot of carbs for the energy or just to get the calories when they are on cycle?

And I am not on a cycle right now. Just doing some research for when I do my blast in January.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    What sort of carbs are you eating that bloat you?

Maybe try some gluten free carbs.(gluten free oats are great) Some ppl just dont process carbs as easily as others.

Gluten free may help with your bloat and water retention.

Also try adding more fruits. Low GI ones of course. Grapefruit, berries, apples, mangos.

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    What sort of carbs are you eating that bloat you?

Maybe try some gluten free carbs.(gluten free oats are great) Some ppl just dont process carbs as easily as others.

Gluten free may help with your bloat and water retention.

Also try adding more fruits. Low GI ones of course. Grapefruit, berries, apples, mangos.
    Eating brown rice, oats, wheat bread. I also eat whole wheat tortillas if I have turkey tacos or make breakfast tacos once in a while. I also get some carbs in my veggies but I don't think that is doing anything to me.

Thread Information