vancityrolla is offline New Member

Starting my first cycle of test on monday!

Hey, I finally made up my mind and im going to do one cycle of testosterone cypionate to try it out and see how it works for me. I am doing my first injection this monday just want to make sure i have all my facts right and any other info you could give me would be great. Here are my stats
    24yrs old
    175lbs
    6'2
    around 5% bodyfat
    training for 5 years but really got into it the last 2 years after i took a PT course learned alot about training that i didnt know before and with what i learned in the course i was able to go from 150-175 in just over a year
    I eat 3500-4000 cal a day

Im going to be doing 400mg for 8-10 weeks. During my cycle is there anything i should take to help with the sides? im going to be using nolvadex for my pct i have read its better than clomid is that true? also should i take the HCG shots for my pct as well? will it make a big difference if i dont take HCG i want to keep the amount of injects as low as possible (i hate needles) so if i got this right i will be doing 400mg of test for 8-10 weeks then take novx and/or clomid 20mg a day for 4 weeks?

also for legs i only do plyo workouts for speed and power rather than strength. my box jump is 64" my standing stride jump is 9'5 feet how will this cycle affect that part of my training? should i stick to plyos or move into heavy training like leg press and squat rack?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by vancityrolla; 11-20-2011 at 04:02 PM.

ucf465 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vancityrolla View Post
    Hey, I finally made up my mind and im going to do one cycle of testosterone cypionate to try it out and see how it works for me. I am doing my first injection this monday just want to make sure i have all my facts right and any other info you could give me would be great. Here are my stats
    24yrs old
    175lbs
    6'2
    around 5% bodyfat
    training for 5 years but really got into it the last 2 years after i took a PT course learned alot about training that i didnt know before and with what i learned in the course i was able to go from 150-175 in just over a year
    I eat 3500-4000 cal a day

Im going to be doing 400mg for 8-10 weeks. During my cycle is there anything i should take to help with the sides? im going to be using nolvadex for my pct i have read its better than clomid is that true? also should i take the HCG shots for my pct as well? will it make a big difference if i dont take HCG i want to keep the amount of injects as low as possible (i hate needles) so if i got this right i will be doing 400mg of test for 8-10 weeks then take novx and/or clomid 20mg a day for 4 weeks?

also for legs i only do plyo workouts for speed and power rather than strength. my box jump is 64" my standing stride jump is 9'5 feet how will this cycle affect that part of my training? should i stick to plyos or move into heavy training like leg press and squat rack?

Thanks in advance.
    172 is pretty damn light at 6'2". use both nolva and clomid for pct at nolva 40/40/20/20 clomid 100/50/50/50. hcg is a must it keeps ur testicles from shrinkin which means pct will be much easier cause your nuts are still working.

ok thanks for the info! so for the HCG all i know about it is its 4 shots in your belly haha i will do more research about it but any info you can give me on dosage would be helpful.

Thanks

DanB is offline Banned
    dont start the cycle hold off for a couple months and stick round here and learn, and with that cal intake you will still make gains while your here learning so you wont be losing anything

this might be a dumb question but are HCG drops the same thing? i was just looking it up and some people use drops under the tongue?

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    dont start the cycle hold off for a couple months and stick round here and learn, and with that cal intake you will still make gains while your here learning so you wont be losing anything
    thanks, but i have been told that before the thing that really wants me to start using is a friend of mine i used to train with was the same size as me lifting the same weight. then i didnt see him for 4 or 5 months till one day at the gym i ran into him and he has the body im trying to get! i asked him how and he told me he was on roids and loved it so he asked me to try them out and i gave in.. i have been stuck around 175 for a few months even with my diet and work outs in check i just cant get passed this weight... the way i see it one cycle of test cant be that bad...lol i hope

DanB is offline Banned
    yeah but difference is mate if you do it right you wont get injured, little or no sides, and keep good portion of your gains where as your mate(if he dosnt know what he's doing) will blow up for couple months then finish cycle lose strenght, weight and wonder why he isnt able get a hard on, choice is yours

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    It's pointless starting the cycle at your weight, you will lose all gains after the cycle because you don't have a diet to support any new tissue. You need to learn how to eat to grow naturally first otherwise your wasting your time,effort and possibly sides for nothing. You really need to gain natural weight and build a foundation . You may think starting a cycle is the way forward but it isn't for someone with your stats. Head over to the diet section and post your diet and get help to put on mass naturally via food. Best of luck.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    It's pointless starting the cycle at your weight, you will lose all gains after the cycle because you don't have a diet to support any new tissue. You need to learn how to eat to grow naturally first otherwise your wasting your time,effort and possibly sides for nothing. You really need to gain natural weight and build a foundation . You may think starting a cycle is the way forward but it isn't for someone with your stats. Head over to the diet section and post your diet and get help to put on mass naturally via food. Best of luck.
    agree with this.

thanks for the advice i understand what your saying but i still really want to do the cycle. It's something thats been on my mind for a long time and after seeing my friends results plus him pushing me to do it its really hard not to. Im pretty sure my diet is good this is what i would have in a normal day.

and sorry i dont know the exact amount of cal for all my food but i rounded it off around 3500-4000
    7am- water,banana,bowl of whole wheat cereal, 1 slice of whole wheat bread and a weight gainer shake (70g of protein)
    10am- big salad with cheese and carrots, few hand fulls of nuts,water, gainer shake (30g protein)
    my lunch is at 1 so i just have a few sips of my gainer shake till then i would say about 20g protein
    1pm- two boneless chicken breast, salad/cheese/carrots, green apple, few and fulls of nuts water
    from 1 to 430 all i can do is sip on the rest of my gainer shake witch is about 40g protein
    6pm- steak, potato/cheese apple and banana or pasta,potato cheese apple and banana
    9pm 80g gainer shake

as for sups i take 20-30g of glutamine a day plus 20-30g of creatine with my water and gainer shake
    i drink 3-4L of water a day

again thanks for all the feedback even though i am still going to do the cycle any advice you can give me so it can go smooth would be great.
    Last edited by vancityrolla; 11-20-2011 at 11:35 PM.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    You really need to read my previous post and understand what I am saying to you. It's pointless starting a cycle at your weight because you will lose all your gains. Your diet is very poor and you need to work on this and build a foundation otherwise your wasting your time. That's the best advice for someone with your stats imho.

canadianbrah is offline Junior Member
    Hey vancityrolla, are you in Vancouver?

cb714 is offline Member
    I don't know but I think 175 is not bad if indeed you are 5% bf. There are guys that weight 200lbs but are 15% and is accepted when technically that person and yourself would be very similar in lean body mass. Post a pic bro so we can see how you look like. Sometimes pics make for a better argument.

FCVtec is offline Associate Member
    ^^ x2

FCVtec is offline Associate Member
    175 is a lil light for 6'2'' thou... I doubt he's really 5%.

cb714 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FCVtec View Post
    175 is a lil light for 6'2'' thou... I doubt he's really 5%.
    Yeah his height is what kinda throws me off... that's why I think a pic can make or break his case.

Thread Information