Thread: Myth or fact?

boxingfan30 is offline Member

Myth or fact?

During some of my reading I came across a site that claimed Steroids cause a thickening of of the Atrial walls? Obviously when someone has any sort of heart issue and they are on steroids the instantly point to that being the cause, is there any actual proof or is this yet another myth?

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Im pretty sure no exact scientific tests have been done for this, so the evidence available is circumstancial

cb714 is offline Member
    No one has proved that steroids are the direct culprit. You got some guy thats 60 years old, has heart issues, that happened to take steroids when he was younger... how can you prove steroids was it vs other factors throughout his entire life. There are a lot of factors that could be it- smoking, drinking, shitty diet, environmental factors, genetics..etc It can be anything. I don't believe Ive seen any conclusive proof or studies determining that it indeed causes that problem. So I would say myth until proven... but even so there are many other things that we believe are harmless that kill a shitload of people every year, like ASPIRIN.. 19,000 deaths per year.

AaronJM1984 is offline Member
    I'd say the only real threat steroids could cause would be the fluctuation in good and bad cholesterol levels, however, theres tons of supplements that can counter act the flucuation.

cb714 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJM1984 View Post
    I'd say the only real threat steroids could cause would be the fluctuation in good and bad cholesterol levels, however, theres tons of supplements that can counter act the flucuation.
    I agree... and increased RBC can pose a problem for some people too.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Negative effects on lipids, incrased BP, increase RBC/Hemocrit... All cause problems.

Steroids direct effects on the heart are still not fully undrstood IMHO.

Thread Information