Thread: Bf%

bitsmall is offline New Member

Bf%

Hi guys general enquiry I've been reading in threads about the effect of bf% on a cycle to much can greatly increase feminine sides and to little can reduce gains due to a lack of certain hormones so question is what's the best number to hit before my cycle starts I'm 31 6ft 217lbs been training seriously for 5 years and sounds silly but how do I work it out sorry but I've never really worried about before joining this forum cheers

xelnaga is offline Banned
    IMHO 10-15% is ideal. It will limit estrogenic sides; and will demonstrate that you are able to dial in your diet.

Thanks according to an Internet site I found I'm at 19% so will adjust diet accordingly

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Cycling @ higher BF also puts u @ greater risk of heart attack due 2 hi BP.

Is 19% in that category?

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bitsmall View Post
    Is 19% in that category?
    The general recommendation round here is 15% or lower. I'm not saying u will die of a heart attack if u cycle @ 19%...................but I'm not saying u WONT either.................

Lol cheers well I've just finished a cycle so not touching anything till next march so plenty of time to trim down

gsRuffneck is offline New Member
    not to mention I would not use the internet to find your bf%. there is no set height and weight. you can be 6 ft tall 217 and 25% or 6ft 217 and 6% it depends on your lean body mass best bet is to go to your gym and get it measured

Lol cool thanks well my gym is of the back street variety so will pop to local health club and see what they say

Blade15 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gsRuffneck View Post
    not to mention I would not use the internet to find your bf%. there is no set height and weight. you can be 6 ft tall 217 and 25% or 6ft 217 and 6% it depends on your lean body mass best bet is to go to your gym and get it measured
    ^^Agreed 100x...

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Unless you suffer from some sort of medical condition I really doubt your bodyfat is at a point where I would try to increase it to improve cycle gains. Some very succesful body builders keep low bodyfat year round and have gains that no doubt would make you or I very happy ;-)

I think what you may be reffering to is fat intake during a cycle so that its present in the body during the cycle will increase gains, but again the requirment is so low that its not a problem for many.

PS I am no nutritionalist so take it for what its worth..

FFM

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    the lower bf% before you cycle the better

sizzlechest is offline Member
    Technically if you keep the same amount of fat that you have but gain muscle your BF% has gone down. Some say Its the discipline, if you cant get down to 15% then you should not be cycling. AAS will help anyone keep or gain muscle an shed fat under low calorie diets. As a fat burner by themselves I have not seen phenomenal results. There are other fat burners that do a better job.

buster12 is offline Junior Member
    Hit the cardio hard
    Eat 5 to 8 times a day and decrease portion size (depending on lifestyle)

My first cycle I was 18% BF and I suffered, 2nd cycle I was 14% and everything went well apart from the normal acne

Like most members state here the diet is the key factor to everything working (Bulking, Cutting etc) eat clean and grow

Also the lower BF then you will keep more gains, higher BF and then eating clean you will lose between 40 to 50% of total gains from cycle
    Last edited by buster12; 11-25-2011 at 04:43 AM.

Thanks guys great advice all taken on board lookin at my diet probably more to do with my cardio or lack there of lol will rectify straight away

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It's a good sign if you can see some abs (10-12%).

Thread Information