evander87 is offline Senior Member

crap crap crap crap

So I searched and I would have posted this in the injuries rehab section but this one gets more traffic.

Sooooo I'm almost 4 weeks into a 14 week cycle and damn if I didn't develop tendinitis in my elbow. I'm popping ibuprofen and icing. Anything else I should / could do?
    Last edited by evander87; 12-01-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I feel your pain. This is usually a clue about possibly a couple of different things. Either you didn't warm up properly prior to your lifting routine, or you might not have been ready for aas, since tendon strength lags behind muscular strength. No worries, I'm guilty of it too.

There's really not much you can do besides avoid the routines that aggrevate the condition. in the short term, icing/heating can help. but it won't really heal without rest. Years ago, I'd hear blokes tell me I have to work through the pain, and so I did. but the pain would never go away. About two years ago, i had a semi seriuos injury, and said screw this working through the pain crap, and so i decided to leave it alone for several months to allow recovery.

The problem with aas, is that muscular strength explodes, but your ligaments take much longer to increase strength. It's a blood supply thing, and ligaments grow slowly also.

Make sure, in the future, you spend much time warming up before going heavy. Also, don't go balls out when cycling. Keep the weights lighter, and maybe focus on higher reps. Unless you are real confident your tendons can keep up.

Good luck!
    ---Roman

mattydaman88 is offline New Member
    I had the same prob.. Try arthroease Gold.. It's like 25 bucks for the pills 2 days of pills and u sorted.. Make sure u buy the gold line it's a bit more expensive but worth it.. A mate of mine went to the doc and got a steroid shot in the elbow and he's square..

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with everyone above...times roman was a normal approach and matty was getting serious about the injury, both ways work, matters how important the injury is...I to have a elbow problem due to racket sports and I ice every day more then once a day...I have to be careful with biceps also..

Quote Originally Posted by mattydaman88 View Post
    I had the same prob.. Try arthroease Gold.. It's like 25 bucks for the pills 2 days of pills and u sorted.. Make sure u buy the gold line it's a bit more expensive but worth it.. A mate of mine went to the doc and got a steroid shot in the elbow and he's square..
    are we talking cortisone?
    it really doesn't do much for the healing process. It does mask the pain. masking the pain can make matters worse by going back to the same exercise and doing the same thing that injured in the first place.

cortisone can help if you want to mask the pain, and then take time off for recovery/rehab/healing. But there is a reason for the pain... don't ignore it!

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman

are we talking cortisone?
    it really doesn't do much for the healing process. It does mask the pain. masking the pain can make matters worse by going back to the same exercise and doing the same thing that injured in the first place.

cortisone can help if you want to mask the pain, and then take time off for recovery/rehab/healing. But there is a reason for the pain... don't ignore it!
    No the stuff called arthroease Gold has shark fin cartilage in it,, I injured my elbow used that and it's been hundreds.. For over 6 months and training it hard.. Try it if it doesn't work then maybe a shot in the joint will be the answer..

this is why i love this place... learn something new every day!

so clear up some confusion i have....

are you saying after two days of pill taking your symptoms improved?

No the stuff called arthroease Gold has shark fin cartilage in it,, I injured my elbow used that and it's been hundreds.. For over 6 months and training it hard.. Try it if it doesn't work then maybe a shot in the joint will be the answer..
    I have searched the web and don't see any of what you refer to with shark fin cartilage in it...

http://www.drugs.com/vet/arthriease-...dogs-cats.html

http://www.vetclassics.com/index.php...&category_id=7

is this the stuff you are referring to?

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Everybody's going to preach a remedy they guarantee to work. I've yet to find one that does work. The best thing for tendonitis is to rest it, eat plenty of good food and get some extra sleep at night. Don't work through it, you'll just end up turning it from something minor in to something major.

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Everybody's going to preach a remedy they guarantee to work. I've yet to find one that does work. The best thing for tendonitis is to rest it, eat plenty of good food and get some extra sleep at night. Don't work through it, you'll just end up turning it from something minor in to something major.
    Yeah this isn't my first bout with tendonitis. I play tennis and get it once in a while and I usually just rest for a week or two. But as I'm on cycle I don't really wanna stop lifting for the time is takes to heal up completely. Just wondering if others have had the same problem as what do you do mid cycle for it?

Thanks everybody for the info. I need to look into the Gold stuff a little closer. I'm NOT getting any cortisone shots. Been there done that it just put off the problem til later. I have been blasting with heavy weights I might try a week or so of high reps to see if that helps.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by evander87 View Post
    Yeah this isn't my first bout with tendonitis. I play tennis and get it once in a while and I usually just rest for a week or two. But as I'm on cycle I don't really wanna stop lifting for the time is takes to heal up completely. Just wondering if others have had the same problem as what do you do mid cycle for it?

Thanks everybody for the info. I need to look into the Gold stuff a little closer. I'm NOT getting any cortisone shots. Been there done that it just put off the problem til later. I have been blasting with heavy weights I might try a week or so of high reps to see if that helps.
    It's hard to just let it heal because you'd feel like you wasted your cycle. But let's say you worked through it and ended up getting seriously injured. The time it takes to heal from that would well exceed the 2 or so weeks you lost on cycle had you rested. I'd ice/heat/elevate it as much as you can and maybe try some Aleve, but you're still going to have to give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    this is why i love this place... learn something new every day!

so clear up some confusion i have....

are you saying after two days of pill taking your symptoms improved?
    Ya man I can get the arthroease gold here where I live.. Don't know wether u can get it where u are.. After 2 days of pills it's gone.. This old guy refered me and mates to the stuff for joint pain.. good luck finding it

Haha it's not the dog/cat stuff but it looks similar to the stuff I took

^ well hurry up and get 50 posts so you can pm me a link to what you are talking about! =)

Xtrakt0r is offline Junior Member
    So you're saying that this stuff will fix the problem in 2 days? I got tendinitis in my shoulder, out of all places, and apparently I have too much bulk there for a cortisone injection so I have no choice but to rest, ice, prey.. I'd love to check this stuff out!

Thread Information