Thread: B12 injections?

Todd the truth is offline Associate Member

B12 injections?

I've seen some people mention B12 injestions here, but I can't find any profiles on it or threads relating directly to it here. Can anyone point me in the right direction??

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Vitamin B12 injections are an effective and tested cure for patients suffering from a deficiency of the vitamin. Although there is much dispute vis-à-vis oral supplementation of cobalamin and nasal sprays, these injections are the classical, prescribed and accepted remedies for speedy recovery.

Patients suffering from pernicious anemia are treated with a regular dosage of vitamin B12 injections. This is due to the fact that they are unable to absorb sufficient vitamin B12 from their dietary food sources and therefore require intramuscular injections to aid absorption. Nowadays, there are substitutes in the form of oral supplementation; however physicians generally resort to this classical treatment.

Research findings show ample evidence to reveal that cobalamin injections of 1-2 mg per day can quickly correct deficiencies. It is not apparent whether smaller amounts, such as the 25 mcg or so found in multivitamins, are sufficient to cure deficiencies. Such a claim is substantiated by the fact that although oral supplementation with vitamin B12 is safe, efficient and inexpensive and most multi-vitamin pills contain 100-200 microgram of the cyanocobalamin form of B12, many multivitamins cannot be chewed, which is important for its absorption.

The body's ability to absorb vitamin B12 is reduced with increasing age. Older people are often detected to have a more potent vitamin B12 deficiency, even in cases where they do not suffer from pernicious anaemia. Moreover, an intake of vitamin B12 from food sources decreases markedly with an increase in age, probably because of a lack of stomach acid. The conventional way of fixing a vitamin B12 deficiency has been through intramuscular injections. Experiments also reveal that vitamin B12 intramuscular injections are useful healers of neurological disorders such as progressive memory loss and lethargy.

To maintain vitamin B12 status, the alternatives to high oral doses of cobalamin (500-1000 micrograms daily) are routine intramuscular injections at a dosage of 1 mg per month. This also helps to lower homocysteine levels in the blood, thereby reducing the probability of heart diseases and strokes.

The utility of vitamin B12 is not restricted to curing deficiencies. Injections can also serve therapeutic purposes. A vitamin B12 injection acts as a stimulant for energizing the body, through cobalamin, which transmits its "anti-stress" elements to the human body. For example a recommended effective cure for chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is 6-70mg dose of vitamin B12 intramuscular injection per week for 3 weeks.

Vitamin B 12 [http://www.e-vitaminb12.com] provides detailed information on Vitamin B 12, Vitamin B 12 Creams, Vitamin B 12 Deficiency, Vitamin B 12 Injections and more. Vitamin B 12 is affiliated with Topical Vitamin C

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/210091

Anyone have any recommendations, or any personal experiences to share. Thanks for the article, I was searching earlier from my phone, maybe I should search a little better before asking questions.

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    what is your question

Is it worth it? Does it give you energy? IM or SQ? I'd you got a vial for free would you use it? Monthly? Weekly ? I've seen tons of variations on doses and frequency ?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd the truth View Post
    Is it worth it? Does it give you energy? IM or SQ? I'd you got a vial for free would you use it? Monthly? Weekly ? I've seen tons of variations on doses and frequency ?
    I've used it for many years with myself and those I train. We have all noticed a general sense of well being,,energy and increased appetite just to name a few.

Thread Information