Xtrakt0r is offline Junior Member

Question Test/IGF 1 levels

So I just got my BW results back and my test is at 96.7nmol/L (high) which is good, and my IGF 1 levels are at 51.0nmol/L which is also above the average 15.4-46.2. My question is, does high test levels have anything to do with the spike in IGF -1 ? Or is the HGH I got doing its job??

PS. I had the BW done on my third day on the GH and second week of Test (at 1000mg a week).

Razor is offline Banned
    HGH causes increase in IGF if I am not mistaken, the liver converts the GH to IGF-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    HGH causes increase in IGF if I am not mistaken, the liver converts the GH to IGF-1.
    Yes I am very aware of this. My question is do high test levels raise IGF levels also?

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrakt0r View Post
    Yes I am very aware of this. My question is do high test levels raise IGF levels also?
    I believe they do yes..... (high test)

How many iu's of HGH are you using? How long after your last HGH shot did u get bloodwork?

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I believe they do yes..... (high test)

How many iu's of HGH are you using? How long after your last HGH shot did u get bloodwork?

~Haz~
    Hey Haz, I was taking 5iu a day but I was on day 3 when I had the BW done. I was thinking that it's the test that raised the igf levels because I hadn't been on the GH for that long.. I'm on 1000mg/wk test btw..

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...552.x/abstract

Serum levels of insulin-like growth factor I and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 correlate with serum free testosterone and sex hormone binding globulin levels in healthy young and middle-aged men

1. Eva Marie Erfurth, Lars Hagm ar, Maria Sf,
    2. Kerstin Hall
    Article first published online: 29 OCT 2003
    DOI: 10.1046/j.1365-2265.1996.731552.x

OBJECTIVE Administration of testosterone has been reported to increase serum levels of IGF-I in men with isolated hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism. An inverse relation between serum IGF-I and sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) is seen in GH deficient children. The biological action of IGF-I is thought to be influenced by binding proteins, one of which is insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1), which is not only a carrier protein but also actively regulates the cellular actions of IGF-I. These observations suggest associations between IGF-I, IGFBP-1, testosterone and SHBG in serum. The aim of the present study was to investigate these associations in normal healthy men.

DESIGN AND PATIENTS The associations between the serum levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-1 on one hand, and testosterone and SHBG on the other were investigated in 38 normal healthy young and middle-aged men.

RESULTS Serum levels of IGF-I decreased both with increasing age (r = − 0.66, P < 0.001) and increasing SHBG levels (r = − 0.46, P = 0.002), but increased with increasing free testosterone (f-testosterone) (r = 0.42, P = 0.005). These associations remained after mutual simultaneous adjustments in a multiple regression analysis. IGFBP-1 did not display any significant univariate correlation with age (r = − 0.25, P = 0.06) or SHBG (r = 0.18, P = 0.14), but showed a significant positive correlation with both f-testosterone (r = 0.42, P = 0.004), and total testosterone (t-testosterone) (r = 0.39, P = 0.008). In a multiple regression analysis IGFBP-1 was positively correlated with both SHBG and f-testosterone, but not with t-testosterone.

CONCLUSION The present study suggests that among healthy young and middle-aged men, there is an association between serum levels of free-testosterone and SHBG on the one hand, and serum IGF-I and IGFBP-1 on the other.

Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Interesting read, thanks Haz

It shouldn't matter that you were only on the GH for 3 days before testing, the GH would cause an IGF spike even after injecting just 1 time. How long after pinning the GH did you have your blood drawn and what kind of GH are you on?

I'm not familiar with the nmol/L unit of measurement but it appears your IGF is barely above the high end of reference range. 4iu puts mine at over double the high end of reference range while off cycle.

And like Haz said, testosterone or any androgen will increase IGF-1 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    It shouldn't matter that you were only on the GH for 3 days before testing, the GH would cause an IGF spike even after injecting just 1 time. How long after pinning the GH did you have your blood drawn and what kind of GH are you on?

I'm not familiar with the nmol/L unit of measurement but it appears your IGF is barely above the high end of reference range. 4iu puts mine at over double the high end of reference range while off cycle.

And like Haz said, testosterone or any androgen will increase IGF-1 levels.
    Well I have read somewhere that to get a proper reading on GH it should be taken 45mins before you have the BW done. My BW was taken well over that, around 24 hours, so this may not be the case.

After reading the above, I am pretty sure that my high Test levels are responsible for the spike in IGF -1.

Thanks for the info guys

Thread Information