Jax5er is offline New Member

Take with food, or without?

I've been trying to find an answer for this on my own, but have had no success. So taking DBol with my next cycle, question is should I take the 10mlg pills with food, or without, which is best.

Thanks,
    Jax5er

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    There has been debate over such things, also what (if anything) would maximize absorption.

I have always taken with food and alot of water.

Jax5er is offline New Member
    Thanks, And if anyone has a link to these debates hook me up. I'll plan to take with food until I'm told otherwise, my 1st time with Orals.

The Bishop is offline Banned
    You could take dball with high lipid foods in order to sheild it from first pass effect & therefore increase its uptake..

xelnaga is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bishop View Post
    You could take dball with high lipid foods in order to sheild it from first pass effect & therefore increase its uptake..
    Can you expand on that thought please?

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Search about grapefruit juice and increasing absorbtion.

Quote Originally Posted by xelnaga View Post
    Can you expand on that thought please?

Well, although dboll has been structurally altered at the 17th carbon position to allow it to survive ingestion so it may be absorbed into the blood after its first pass through the liver it still breaks down by a % depending on the grade of product made. So based on his question as to eat or not to eat when taking the pill itself, my arguement/opinion would be to take it with a high lipid food which should help shuttle the 17 Alpha-Alkylated through/into the cell membranes allowing for a higher % yield first pass thus better absorption into the blood after first pass.
    Last edited by The Bishop; 12-10-2011 at 10:04 PM.

*sorry double post*

xelnaga is offline Banned
    Got it thanks.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i will read more about his opinion...thanks guys

No problem..

stpete is offline Banned
    Well, although dboll has been structurally altered at the 17th carbon position to allow it to survive ingestion so it may be absorbed into the blood after its first pass through the liver it still breaks down by a % depending on the grade of product made. So based on his question as to eat or not to eat when taking the pill itself, my arguement/opinion would be to take it with a high lipid food which should help shuttle the 17 Alpha-Alkylated through/into the cell membranes allowing for a higher % yield first pass thus better absorption into the blood after first pass.
    Mr. Copy and Paste....Without using Google, could you please tell me what a "high lipid food" is?

OP-Just take the stuff. Doesn't matter.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I can tell you like sounding clinical. But why give advice on this forum that requires people to look things up? If they wanted to look things up, they wouldn't come here to ask questions.

High lipid foods: Oils, dairy, nuts, meet, high-fat vegies like olives and avocados. Also on the list were packaged and processed foods and creamy sauces...but those don't usually fit well into our micros.

Ok so take with food. Check.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I can tell you like sounding clinical. But why give advice on this forum that requires people to look things up? If they wanted to look things up, they wouldn't come here to ask questions.

High lipid foods: Oils, dairy, nuts, meet, high-fat vegies like olives and avocados. Also on the list were packaged and processed foods and creamy sauces...but those don't usually fit well into our micros.

I tried it a different way, Seems like im dammed if I do, dammed if I don't (kicks can)

I tried it a different way, Seems like im dammed if I do, dammed if I don't (kicks can)
    Dammed how? I know what high lipid foods are, doesn't everybody?

ucf465 is offline Associate Member
    lol just take it. if i take tbol before i eat, i can no longer eat nearly as much (kind of like when your sick and you can eat anything)

but if i take it after food then i can eat all dayyy!

point is take the dbol when it suits you best homie

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Personal preference really. I take alot of my orals on an empty stomach.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox View Post
    Search about grapefruit juice and increasing absorbtion.
    yep, i think someone posted a study on this also, awhile back

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    yep, i think someone posted a study on this also, awhile back

Aug. 20, 2008 -- A new study has found that grapefruit juice, long known to boost the absorption of certain medications, is not the only juice that does not mix well with medications, according to the researcher who first identified the ill effects of grapefruit juice.

Scientists and consumers have known for years that grapefruit juice can increase the absorption of some medications - with the potential for turning normal doses into toxic overdoses.

Now it has been found that grapefruit and other common fruit juices, including orange and apple, can have the opposite effect by substantially decreasing the absorption of other medications, potentially wiping out their beneficial effects.

David Bailey, Ph.D., a professor of medicine and pharmacology at the University of Western Ontario, in London, Ontario, Canada presented his findings this week at the American Chemical Society's national meeting, in Philadelphia.

New Study Builds on Previous Research
    "The original finding is that [grapefruit juice] markedly boosts the amount of drug that gets into the bloodstream," Dr. Bailey says. He first reported that nearly 20 years ago when he discovered that grapefruit juice increased the body's blood levels of the drop felodipine (Plendil), used to treat high blood pressure.

Since the original finding, other researchers have identified dozens of other medications that could interact adversely with grapefruit juice, says Dr. Bailey.

As a result of the so-called "Grapefruit Juice Effect," some prescription medications now carry warning labels against taking grapefruit juice or fresh grapefruit during medication consumption.

Physicians traditionally warn against drinking grapefruit juice if you are taking certain medications for high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and heart rhythm problems, according to the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP).

More Medications Found to be Affected
    In his latest research, Dr. Bailey found that grapefruit juice, as well as orange and apple juice, can lower the body's absorption of some medications. Those medications include the anti-cancer drugs etoposide (Etopophos, Vepesid); certain beta blockers like tenormin (Atenolol) and talinolol (Cordanum), used to treat high blood pressure and prevent heart attacks; cyclosporine, which is used to prevent organ transplant rejection; and some antibiotics, including ciprofloxacin (Cipro), levofloxacin (Levaquin), and itraconazole (Sporanox).

Dr. Bailey also found that healthy volunteers who took the allergy medication fexofenadine (Allegra) with grapefruit juice absorbed only half the amount of the medication compared with volunteers who took the medicine with water.

In each case, substances in the juices affected the absorption of the medications.

They found that the active ingredient of grapefruit juice, naringin, appears to block a key medication uptake transporter, called OATP1A2, involved in shuttling medications from the small intestine to the bloodstream. Blocking this transporter reduces medication absorption and neutralizes their potential benefits, the researchers say.

By contrast, medications whose levels are boosted in the presence of grapefruit juice appear to block an important drug metabolizing enzyme, called CYP3A4, that normally breaks down medications.

"We don't [yet] know all the drugs affected," Dr. Bailey says.

Take Medications With Water, Not Juice
    Michael Gaunt, PharmD, is a medication safety analyst at the Institute for Safe Medication Practices in Horsham, Pa. He says, "If this study holds true [in future research], you are going to have to warn people in a similar fashion" about other juices.

Gaunt's advice for now: "In general, it's safest to take medication with water."

Dr. Bailey agrees. If you opt for water, he says, "a glass is better than a sip. It helps dissolve the tablet." And cool water is better than hot, he adds, because your stomach empties cool water faster, sending the medication on its way to the small intestine and finally the blood stream.

Always consult your physician or pharmacist for more information.

For more information on health and wellness, please visit health information modules on this Web site.

Use Your Medications Wisely
    You do not have to look past your medicine chest to find prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) remedies that can make you feel better, improve your health, and even save your life.

We use more medications, supplements, and herbal therapies today than ever. A survey found four out of five US adults take at least one medication each week. More than one in four adults takes at least five medications.

That is no surprise when you think of what medications can do. They help treat chronic diseases, strengthen bones, lift depression, ease pain, cure infections, and reduce fever.

But medications can have a downside. Although most of them are safe when you take them the right way, some drugs can cause dizziness, loss of consciousness, bleeding, irregular heartbeats, and other side effects in some cases.

A Journal of the American Medical Association report in 2006 estimated that over 700,000 people go to emergency rooms each year because of harmful medication effects. Accidental overdoses and allergic reactions were the top problems.

Older adults were more likely to have trouble than younger patients. In people over age 65, three medications - insulin for diabetes, the blood thinner warfarin, and the heart medication digoxin - caused about a third of the emergency visits.

Experts say the message for patients is that they should know the potential side effects of the medications they are taking. It is also important for patients to know if any of their medications require special monitoring and to make sure they get the monitoring they need.

Prescription drugs are not the only cause for concern. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is proposing new warning labels on OTC pain relievers with acetaminophen and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as aspirin and ibuprofen. Acetaminophen is one of the most frequently used drugs in the US.

The warnings would note that it is linked to liver damage in people who use high doses, who take more than one product that contains acetaminophen, or who consume alcohol regularly. NSAIDs may increase the risk for stomach bleeding in some patients.

Consider some other factors if you take prescription or OTC products. Although one medication alone can cause side effects, two or more may interact with each other and cause adverse reactions. Even food and beverages can change the way your body handles medications. For example, alcohol can strengthen the effects of some medications, and food can slow or speed the absorption of some medications.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    This post is rubbish. I dont know where you copied it or if you wrote it - but its total rubbish. Fats increase the absorption of lymphatically absrobed medicines - not 17aa substances. The shullting of the 17aa into cells garbage is possibly one of the most follish things I have ever read. Either you are toallty misinformed and confused - or you cut and pasted it from somewhere else without doing any due dillegence to see if it was accurate. I dont care who may have posted it-its wrong. Please stick to answering question you have experience with or the knowledge to accurately answer. This is the textbook example of how broscience originates.

Answer - take your dbol whever the hell you want - any absprtion effects based on dietary intake would be absolutely insignificant.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    As far as grapefruitjuice you wouldnt be increasing absorption - you would be dereasing metabolism via cyp inhibiton (cyp enzymes metabolkizes substances in the body - both produced within and ingested). You would need a 16 oz glass of GFJ with every time you took the dball (a gallon consumed in one sitting could illict the effect for 24 hrs) and overall its a pretty foolish idea. CYP inhbition has been addressed as a means for "increasing availibiity" of steroids - its a bad idea ( http://www.ergogenics.org/anabolenboek/index13en.html - read the 5th paragraph). Thats one reason companies selling prohormones delivered lymphatically that utilize cyp and esterase inhibiton in lieu of methylation for delivery, and say that their form of delivery is safer than methyls, are full of shit. FYI- the cyp enzymes inhibted by a high enough intake of grapfruit juice to illict the effect ,metabolize substances like estrogen, progesterone, cortisol , toxins, carcinogens and many more substances - get the picture?
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 12-11-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Thread Information