mr.trenoob is offline Junior Member

What is considered a "long cycle"?

I have seen so much information all over the place that its hard to know what is accurate at times. What is considered a "long cycle"? I am currently running a 12 week Test-E cycle and I am just curious where that fits in as far as cycle length goes. I was considering cutting it to 10 but if people get away with 20 week cycles and still recover their natty test then I would probably just stick with 12. Just trying to get a better sense of things.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    10-12 is fine as long as you have the proper PCT protocol in place. After that, recovery, on average, starts getting more difficult.

If you planned on running a 12, dont go further, end the cycle, PCT, take time off and plan your next one.

for future reference, post your stats so we can see your current situation to advise more accuretaly

mr.trenoob is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for your reply but none of that has anything to do with my question lol. I am not planning on going over 12, if anything I am considering going less. Have pct, done my research, going to take at least 10 weeks between cycles. Just trying to understand what is considered "long" to help me decide if I want to go 10 or 12. I am more concerned with faster recovery of natty test than anything. I am a cautious guy and I am more concerned with not messing myself up than being Arnold Swartzeneiger big.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.trenoob View Post
    Thanks for your reply but none of that has anything to do with my question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    10-12 is fine as long as you have the proper PCT protocol in place.
    10-12 will not make much difference. If you can get a hold of some HCG and run it @ 500 for each for the last 2 weeks, you will help get the boys back up and running quicker

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    12 is cool. Good luck with cycle

djdizzy is offline Associate Member
    Take a look at Ronnie Rolands thread on blasting. I followed his 20 week blast, did a full PCT +6 additional weeks clean and am now doing a 30 week blast. Now granted I am 39, don't want kids and am OK with it if I end up on HRT.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...!#.TuUMp5gyifQ

Isn't 12 weeks considered fairly long?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    10-12 weeks is the normal length.
    gains typically start to taper off. to keep seeing gains after 12 weeks you kinda need to make changes to the cycle.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

MR10X is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.trenoob View Post
    I have seen so much information all over the place that its hard to know what is accurate at times. What is considered a "long cycle"? I am currently running a 12 week Test-E cycle and I am just curious where that fits in as far as cycle length goes. I was considering cutting it to 10 but if people get away with 20 week cycles and still recover their natty test then I would probably just stick with 12. Just trying to get a better sense of things.
    12 weeks is a long cycle,8 weeks or less is considered a short cycle. You can GET AWAY with 16,18,20 week cycle but some of the cycle will not be new gains.You will also need a serious PCT to recover IF you recover........Even if you use HCG while on the cycle that will only keep your ballz functioning but the rest of you System will have to restart also.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    hard to answer that one really, if you think about it. depends on the person, what they're using and their concerns about recovery. 10-12wks are the norm though but something like primo needs at least 16wks

Quote Originally Posted by djdizzy View Post
    Take a look at Ronnie Rolands thread on blasting. I followed his 20 week blast, did a full PCT +6 additional weeks clean and am now doing a 30 week blast. Now granted I am 39, don't want kids and am OK with it if I end up on HRT.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...!#.TuUMp5gyifQ
    Is it considered a "blast" when run for a long duration?

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    the steroid profile forum says how long each cycle should be for the drug your taking (maybe it is out of date but it helped me understand more)

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    the steroid profile forum says how long each cycle should be for the drug your taking (maybe it is out of date but it helped me understand more)
    yep, alot of that is outdated

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    yah, thats the best place to go to learn how to utilize each compound sufficiently for a novice user. I get a little uneasy when people with out a lot of cycle experience or great depth of knowledge on cycling go and prolong a cycle by just adding weeks to a regular one. Not that simple. If it was, then thats what everyone would do

Chris J is offline Associate Member
    djdizzy
    I jumped on a 20 week test cyp cycle on 9/14/10. Great gains and felt on top of the world. Started a post cycle and on the 6th week I felt so bad I jumped back on. Clomid had me totally depressed and weird mood swings too. I have been blasting and cruising since. djdizzy, your next cycle may not be as productive if you dont up the doses and incorporate another substance. It reached a point with me where i was not able to get wood and felty lethargic even though I was pinning a gram plus a week.
    Receptors get clogged, miostatin sets in, E levels ..hell all levels get out of whack. Maybe I'm just not able to handle all of that gear. Ronnie says everyone has their sweet spot. At least you are willing to go on HRT, cause next time it may not be an option. Didnt mean to highjack OP's thread, but it does give examples of cycle lengths, even if they are not great examples.

djdizzy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    Is it considered a "blast" when run for a long duration?
    It's actually 2- 8 week blasts with 2 - 2 week cruises at at say 250mg test only

Quote Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
    djdizzy
    I jumped on a 20 week test cyp cycle on 9/14/10. Great gains and felt on top of the world. Started a post cycle and on the 6th week I felt so bad I jumped back on. Clomid had me totally depressed and weird mood swings too. I have been blasting and cruising since. djdizzy, your next cycle may not be as productive if you dont up the doses and incorporate another substance. It reached a point with me where i was not able to get wood and felty lethargic even though I was pinning a gram plus a week.
    Receptors get clogged, miostatin sets in, E levels ..hell all levels get out of whack. Maybe I'm just not able to handle all of that gear. Ronnie says everyone has their sweet spot. At least you are willing to go on HRT, cause next time it may not be an option. Didnt mean to highjack OP's thread, but it does give examples of cycle lengths, even if they are not great examples.
    I was a moody little bitch too when doing my PCT after my first 20 weeks blast, I was fine tho when I got off the clomid. Lost a lot of my gains during the next 6 weeks but I cut my calories too much to early. The first blast was test only, 500mg then 750. This 30 week blast I'm doing 500test/400deca then 750/500 then 1g/600. Finishing up the end of my second reload, still making great gains in strength and size.

I've never done 1g before and hear thats where the lethargy can kick in for a lot. I'll be interested to see how I feel but as for right now all is well. Gonna donate some blood too this weekend to keep rbc count in check with all the deca I'm doing.

I know it's a bigger risk doing the longer cycles but what he says makes sense and with PCT I'm usually OK once the clomid is out of the equation. Almost feel like dropping it but I really think the combo of hcg /clomid/nolva got me going again.

Thread Information