DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member

New to this site,some advise on my first cycle please.

Hey guys/gals, I'm 29 230, 6'2" not sure exactly my BF % I have 10 wieght training experience, and Have been bodybuilding seriously for last 2 years naturally, I feel I have reached a natural peak in my size and strength( I could still lose a bit more fat) but I am considering my first cycle, oh I did do an anavar only cycle for 8 weeks at 50mgs a day 2 years ago, ( not enough!) I noticed some strength gains, but I don't count that as a cycle. I was thinking of a 10 week cycle of test E with deca in the first 4-5 weeks or until I run out of deca, I also have access to half a vial of test prop maybe to be used as a kicker for the first week or two while I wait for the enth to kick in? I could really use any suggestions from the more experienced !! Thanks

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    do you have a range you think your bf is in?
    deca for 4 weeks is a waste in takes that long for it to start to kick in. I would save it for another time
    test e only would be thay to go
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyD View Post
    Hey guys/gals, I'm 29 230, 6'2" not sure exactly my BF % I have 10 wieght training experience, and Have been bodybuilding seriously for last 2 years naturally, I feel I have reached a natural peak in my size and strength( I could still lose a bit more fat) but I am considering my first cycle, oh I did do an anavar only cycle for 8 weeks at 50mgs a day 2 years ago, ( not enough!) I noticed some strength gains, but I don't count that as a cycle. I was thinking of a 10 week cycle of test E with deca in the first 4-5 weeks or until I run out of deca, I also have access to half a vial of test prop maybe to be used as a kicker for the first week or two while I wait for the enth to kick in? I could really use any suggestions from the more experienced !! Thanks

Hello and WELCOME to the forum

I would think it's really important to know that BF% # so that we can really get into what cycle options would potentially work. What are your realistic goals you have set?

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    welcome to the forum..a pics can help with the bf%...and only two years training and you feel you reached your natural peak> how did you come to this conclusion

I do have some body fat to lose,I will look into the % and get back, my main goals are to put on 10-20lbs lean muscle aswell as cut down BF , mainly size!!! I'd like to be 235-245lbs lean, I was at 217lbs 3 years ago lean but I felt I was to thin and not strong so I have been bulking and training hard, I would like to be way bigger tho!!!

Blade15 is offline Senior Member
    I have 10 wieght training experience ???

to see gains from deca you need to run at leat 10 wks imo...run a test only cycle then pct, then your next to test and deca for 12.. fyi never start a cycle without ai on hand and pct..

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade15 View Post
    "Years" I assume?

I think he made a typo, it was his first post after all but I had assumed he meant 10 years.

i saw that too and was confused..maybe he meant 10 yrs training, but only lifted hard for two idk...

I have been training for over 10 years!! Just extra hard for the last 2! I just feel like I could be getting alot more for my hard work with a good cycle!

I have been training for over 10 years!! Just extra hard for the last 2! I just feel like I could be getting alot more for my hard work with a good cycle!
    Where did u come up with the "19% BF" in ur profile? Wut does ur diet look like?

Ya I have arimadex on hand in 1 mg tabs and nolvadex for pct,should the arimadex be taken throughout the whole cycle ?

19% was the last I checked, that was a while ago but it's around the same, my diet is good 6-7 meals a day 300+ gms protien Ed, I know I will need to eat a lot more on cycle !

Blade15 is offline Senior Member
    I thought for a sec that it must be 10 years.. anyway.. got it mow..

BF is around 19-20% So just the test e ? What do think about the week or two of the prop?

Ya I have arimadex on hand in 1 mg tabs and nolvadex for pct,should the arimadex be taken throughout the whole cycle ?
    i would get the bf% down before you cycle..and it matters what cycle you are going to do, for us to advice an ai for you! test only I would just have on hand..you have no clue if your prone to gyno yet..but you can do 10mg ed on a cycle and see how you feel. (some ppl like to be way safe with that, but having zero estro will limit your gains)

19% was the last I checked, that was a while ago but it's around the same, my diet is good 6-7 meals a day 300+ gms protien Ed, I know I will need to eat a lot more on cycle !
    Not necessarily, mind if we hav a look @ ur diet & possibly mak some adjustments that may help with ur gains?

BF is around 19-20% So just the test e ? What do think about the week or two of the prop?
    do a 10 wk cycle for test e, or even prop...doesnt matter, but injection frequency will be different for this two

My BF was 19% the last I checked could be up a little more now not by much tho!

If u cycle @ 19 - 20% BF, there will b greater risk of heart attack due 2 hi BP. And the likelihood & severity of gyno will b greater also.

19% is a little high

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79 View Post
    If u cycle @ 19 - 20% BF, there will b greater risk of heart attack due 2 hi BP. And the likelihood & severity of gyno will b greater also.
    great post for the newbies, and I hope he listens to you!

I train in the mornings before work so, 4:30 am I have a whey shake, hit the gym till 6:30am then have another whey shake, and 2 cups of wholeoat granola, with berries, banana and yogurt. Start work at 7:30 and at 10am I have two rice cake sandwhiches with almond butter, and carrot sticks and an orange, the at 12:30 I'll have the leftovers from dinner which is usually chicken breasts with rice and veggies, or lean roast beef, or salmon, then at 3:45 I'll eat more carrots fruit and anothe whey shake, then off at 6 and dinner at 6:3o usually same things as I had for lunch, meat veggies potatoes, rice

My cardio is good and my BP is normal

My cardio is good and my BP is normal
    Ur BP is normal now, but AAS raises ur BP, & if ur already a bit overweight, the risk is greater.

I train in the mornings before work so, 4:30 am I have a whey shake, hit the gym till 6:30am then have another whey shake, and 2 cups of wholeoat granola, with berries, banana and yogurt. Start work at 7:30 and at 10am I have two rice cake sandwhiches with almond butter, and carrot sticks and an orange, the at 12:30 I'll have the leftovers from dinner which is usually chicken breasts with rice and veggies, or lean roast beef, or salmon, then at 3:45 I'll eat more carrots fruit and anothe whey shake, then off at 6 and dinner at 6:3o usually same things as I had for lunch, meat veggies potatoes, rice
    Ur relying too much on those shakes, real food is best, shakes r not meals. I c 2 meals here, & the rest r just snaks with very little if any nutritional value conducive 2 building lean mass. Do u know the breakdown of this intake? (cals, proteins, carbs, fats)

Would u like some help with ur diet?

That would also be helpfull to get advise on some meal and diet ideas for me, I will definatly work on getting my BF down, what is a realistic % for me? For my goals, I'm not looking to be ripped!! Just bigger and stronger

Bear is correct. Getting you diet lined up now will get you better results when you do cycle.
    Also higher bf% puts you at higher risk for estrogen related sides.
    Moobs arent fun

Yes that would be much appreciated!! Thanks

What is a respectable BF% for me and my goals?

What is a respectable BF% for me and my goals?
    try and get around 15% to cycle. As far as your goals i'm not sure what you want be. I see you said 235-245 lean. Is lean a 6 pack for you? A good 4 pack?
    Everyones perception is different so i cant say what a good bf% for your goal is

15% is a big loss for me I will make it my goal, I used to be 296lbs and very out of shape 3-4 years ago I have really stepped up my diet and training to get where I'm at!! I have a lot of extra skin due to my big drop in wieght, so a 6or 4 pack will never happen for me ! Sucks but what can I do besides surgery? I really want to put alot of size on my upper body, back, chest, arms! I am in the best shape of my life and Healthy! Is there any safer cycles to help drop my BF%, like I said I seem to have plateaued in fat loss!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79
    Would u like some help with ur diet?
    What kinda diet advise did you have for me? I am starting a new training routine this month and I'd love to have a better diet !!

What kinda diet advise did you have for me? I am starting a new training routine this month and I'd love to have a better diet !!
    Well I already layed out a few pointers 4 ya in post #27, but if u really want some good diet advice, head over 2 the nutrition section,(u can find it on the forums home page if u scroll bout 2/3 - 3/4 down) post ur current diet & goals & they will hook u rite up bro.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79
    Well I already layed out a few pointers 4 ya in post #27, but if u really want some good diet advice, head over 2 the nutrition section,(u can find it on the forums home page if u scroll bout 2/3 - 3/4 down) post ur current diet & goals & they will hook u rite up bro.
    Thanks for your help!

Thread Information