Thread: Bad Gas

steve1 is offline Junior Member

Bad Gas

I have a friend who drinks a lot of protein shakes and eats alot of boiled broccoli and spinach and he has terrible foul smelling gas.I mean the smell sticks in the room or even outside for ages and its baaaaad.

I have a girlfirend ...I mean my freind has a girlfriend now and he cant be doing that around her as they just are gettin to know each other any suggestion to lessen the frequency or the stench of it all??HE has to leave his bedroom windows open even in the winter. Although i have heard that gas is good because it means your digestive system is working properly.But it cant be good to hold it in and then be on the crapper blowing wind for 60 minutes.ANy suggestions??he's tried all different brands of shakes too.

skii96 is offline Member
    Try some phazyme.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i just let them rip bro, i have never found one of those supplements that has actually prevented me from passing gas...the smell is unbearable at times but you need to realize that no supplement will help make it smell better since the smell has to do with what you are eating...high protein diets carry that unfortunate side when it comes to gas

D Mc C is offline Associate Member
    hahha thats funny cuz im going through the same thing! hahah man i don't know how a man can fart to much. like i mean i didn't think it was physically possible!

blakyr is offline Associate Member
    GAS-X has saved my life on more than one time, highly reccomendable if you dont wanna sit through that movie in tears holding it in!! haha

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Eat more protien, don't drink so much. Add some bene-fiber to your shakes.

JohnnyB

Brian1200 is offline Junior Member
    I found that when I ingest creatine, especially during the loading phase, my farts are so foul I gross myself out, anyone else find this to be true?

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Ginger root might also help a little.

Pain

allabs5150 is offline Associate Member
    Beano my friend.................try it Gas -X is also pretty good

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    No doubt,, protein does it to me every time. But don't sweat it,, if your girl is true blue she shouldn’t mind a little green fog, you just have to break her in the right way. Try ripping one in bed, then hold her head under the covers as long as you can,, it’s GREAT cardio… but word to the wise, don’t let her get within reach of your nuts…even if they ARE the size of raisins it still hurts when they get squeezed!

I remember one night I had particularly bad gas,, we were laying in bed and I waited till she was asleep, then let one fly hoping it wouldn’t smell too bad. Well, within two minutes we are both sitting on the couch in the other room, with me laughing and apologizing profusely! It was so bad my Iguana was scratching at the bed room door to get out,,, I could almost hear him screaming "YOU NEVER LEAVE A MAN BEHIND!!"

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by painintheazz
    Ginger root might also help a little.

Pain
    Yes it works well.

Check out www.anabolical.com they have good deals on good products.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    i get the generic gas-x from walmart, its real cheap and works. Also, i have to keep a glade poppouri spray thing right next to my bed! I hate holding them back, so my girl and i have the let em go policy in effect

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Steve..Unfortunately any diet high in protein value is going to produce foul smelling gas. Vegetables and fruits are also big culprits in gas production, broccoli being one of the worst ones. Try playing around with your fruit/veggie consumption and see if this makes a difference. Also, Gas-X or Phazyme may be a good alternative until you are a little more comfortable with your lady friend. Good luck!! I have been through this pain and torture as well.. And it is hard on your system to keep it inside so you may need to get creative in your thinking!!

Doc M

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Tell him to go have a good shit...those are warning farts!!

Lift Chief is offline Member
    Stop drinking so many shakes- eat more of your protein in food form.... tell "your friend" that.

mammoth is offline Member
    Go to Home Depot and get one of those "fragrant" AC filter air fresheners and stick that between your ass and your underwear. That way you can fart all night and it will smell just like roses. I have yet to find a way around the gas from protein shakes. Probably because at 400gms a day there isn't a way around it. BTW--the above mentioned method is theoretical and I have never tested it! Use at your own risk!

New GearGuy is offline Associate Member
    tell him to pull the covers over his girls head and let em go! FART WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tanksta is offline Junior Member
    My gas hits me 30 minutes after my protein shakes, only if I mix them with Milk. The worst gas cases that I've had, as well as liquid ass, was with Myoplex mixed with Milk. Mixing the shakes with water keeps my stomach at ease, but they don't taste as good IMO

fighter0728 is offline Junior Member
    lol

Magicz is offline Associate Member
    LOL.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    im a smelly machine from shakes and other high protein foods. you just gotta learn to let them out slow, silent and steady, and make sure there always someone else to blame,

hully is offline Junior Member
    This is gotta be the funniest thread I've ever read! It took me awhile to get the tears out of my eyes! But as far as the gas problem with your new girlfriend, I mean your "buddies" new girlfriend, let them fly in front of her. If she bolts, so be it. If she stays, you'll know she's a keeper!

HatebreeD is offline New Member
    pretty fucked up shit...

BlocRoc is offline Member
    Originally posted by ripped4fsu

I remember one night I had particularly bad gas,, we were laying in bed and I waited till she was asleep, then let one fly hoping it wouldn’t smell too bad. Well, within two minutes we are both sitting on the couch in the other room, with me laughing and apologizing profusely! It was so bad my Iguana was scratching at the bed room door to get out,,, I could almost hear him screaming "YOU NEVER LEAVE A MAN BEHIND!!"
    Poor Iguana

Short_Guy is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by ripped4fsu
    It was so bad my Iguana was scratching at the bed room door to get out,,, I could almost hear him screaming "YOU NEVER LEAVE A MAN BEHIND!!"
    That's the funniest thing I've read all week!

<wipes tears from eyes>

NEO-OEN is offline Associate Member
    Hey Ripped, funny shit. But if its that bad, you should get rid of the Iguana and get a cockroach, I hear they can survive a nuclear attack. And if that fails, just go get a Skunk, then nobody will ever complain about YOUR ass again.. lol

steve1 is offline Junior Member

thanx guys

OK thanks guys,

I want to also know if theres any alternative herbal supplement that will help as well,you know any "greens or vitamins"

I found that the most foul smelling stench is that after a protein shake and after boiled spinach and brocoli.

We went to restaurant and my "freind" let one go and everyone in the restaurant started gasping for air The girlfriend was the first to notice and she said" it smells like a dead cat"I said it was probably the food and we complianed and said we didnt want ot eat there anymore..Then unbelievably the chef comes out and says they have been having refrigiration problems and by this time everyone in the restaurant wanted gas masks.I thought a i saw a petite asian lady pass out!

skinnyhb is offline Member
    ahahahahahahhah

wood is offline Associate Member
    I had that same problem when I was taking in a lot or protein, but when I stopped drinking the shakes the gas went away.

taquipariu is offline Associate Member
    HAHAH

That's awesome dudes ! I thought I was the only one having problems with gases...

But I discovered something : milk and protein does a great quantity of gases... when I mix with water, it is less flatulent...

But I've seen less gases from whey protein than from egg whites powder.

cool7425 is offline Junior Member
    This is friggin funny! You may also be somewhat lactose intolerant (since your problem worstens when you have your protein shakes with milk). I take a couple of lactase pills along with protein shakes and it does cut down on the gas quite a bit. I'll try combining this with Gas-X in the future.

Thread Information