pkmark619 is offline New Member

Cool Need help finding the right path..

Well not sure where to start so ill give you a quick background on me and where i am trying to go.

I am 32 y/o and over weight. I have a good musclar base. I am 5'11 270 kinda fat but more stocky. I am looking to drop 40 pounds but gain muscle definition. I was thinking of doing a cutting cycle of stanzo by its self but someone recently recommended deca , sesnon, and provo cycle. I wouldnt mind being huge but not at the cost of weighing alot.

So does anyone have a cycle good for me?

I have previously done deca, super tes 250 and win pills and loved everything about it except the water retention.

zxo00zxoo0zx is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pkmark619 View Post
    Well not sure where to start so ill give you a quick background on me and where i am trying to go.

I am 32 y/o and over weight. I have a good musclar base. I am 5'11 270 kinda fat but more stocky. I am looking to drop 40 pounds but gain muscle definition. I was thinking of doing a cutting cycle of stanzo by its self but someone recently recommended deca , sesnon, and provo cycle. I wouldnt mind being huge but not at the cost of weighing alot.

So does anyone have a cycle good for me?

I have previously done deca, super tes 250 and win pills and loved everything about it except the water retention.
    new to the forums, but im pretty sure i know the answer your going to get from most people. Losing fat is all about the diet, you don't need steroids to cut fat off just a proper diet. But if you were going to run something, run test prop or test e maybe throw some clen in as-well and say goodbye to the fat (considering your diet is good)

mY DIET IS GOOD. hIGH pROTIEN SMALL ON THE CARBS. AS FAR AS MY WORKOUTS I HAVE BEEN DOING ALOT OF CROSSFIT NOT SURE IF I SHOULD CONTINUE WITH THAT OR GO BACK TO TRADITIONAL WEIGHT LIFTING. THE STANDARD ANSWER WILL ALWAYS BE DIET BUT BEING 40 POUNDS OVER MY WEIGHT WILL DOING A CYCLE AT THIS WEIGHT WILL IT MAKE LOOK BIGGER JUST NOT LEAN AND CUT...

depends on your calorie deficit for the cross fit versus weight training. Cross-fits are clearly going to burn more calories, therefore burning more fat. But if you are already at a 500 calorie deficit or so doing cross-fits could lead you down the catabolic path and burn muscle while you are cutting fat, therefore at a calorie deficit i would recommend weight training to keep your muscle mass. But if you are eating maintenance calories, then i would highly recommend cross fits due to the fat burning properties of the high intensity workout.

Be sure to check an online calculator for you calories, and adjust them accordingly, some of the nicer ones will even give you the macros you need. 40lbs overweight is really not as much as you think, especially with the amount of muscle mass you have on your body, your going to burn fat at a fast rate. Aim for about 1/2lbs a week and that will allow you to keep your muscle mass, anymore then that and it's probably just muscle that your burning off.

Doing a cycle will make you look bigger, get leaner, and get more cut. But cycling is generally not recommended as i have read for people that are overweight, get your BF into a reasonable range naturally then look back to steroids .

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Mr. Caps Lock, (OP)

You can't really say your diet is good when you're 270lbs, 5'11, and wanting to drop 40lbs. We hear this all the time, then people post their diet and it's way off. Not being mean, just stating the truth. If you post your diet up, we'll gladly take a look at it and fine tune.

Steroids do NOT help you lose weight, diet does. This is what you need to look at first and foremost.

Side note: I'm assuming you're well over 25% BF based on your stats and what you've said in your earlier post. That being said you'll suffer from much worse side effects doing gear at your current level not to mention high blood pressure. If you already have High BP, this could prove to be a very dangerous side and not worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by zxo00zxoo0zx View Post
    depends on your calorie deficit for the cross fit versus weight training. Cross-fits are clearly going to burn more calories, therefore burning more fat. But if you are already at a 500 calorie deficit or so doing cross-fits could lead you down the catabolic path and burn muscle while you are cutting fat, therefore at a calorie deficit i would recommend weight training to keep your muscle mass. But if you are eating maintenance calories, then i would highly recommend cross fits due to the fat burning properties of the high intensity workout.

Be sure to check an online calculator for you calories, and adjust them accordingly, some of the nicer ones will even give you the macros you need. 40lbs overweight is really not as much as you think, especially with the amount of muscle mass you have on your body, your going to burn fat at a fast rate. Aim for about 1/2lbs a week and that will allow you to keep your muscle mass, anymore then that and it's probably just muscle that your burning off.

Doing a cycle will make you look bigger, get leaner, and get more cut. But cycling is generally not recommended as i have read for people that are overweight, get your BF into a reasonable range naturally then look back to steroids.
    I've seen people burn 2lbs a week and not lose LBM. Some have probably done more. IMO 1/2lb a week loss is not much of a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    I've seen people burn 2lbs a week and not lose LBM. Some have probably done more. IMO 1/2lb a week loss is not much of a goal.
    for someone that is clearly inexperienced with nutrition, pushing it anymore than 2lbs a week could really backfire. Its one thing if he knew all the macros he needed such as protein intake. But as you stated in your previous post. He doesn't. Therefore i was just trying to keep him going down the safe road.

Quote Originally Posted by zxo00zxoo0zx View Post
    for someone that is clearly inexperienced with nutrition, pushing it anymore than 2lbs a week could really backfire. Its one thing if he knew all the macros he needed such as protein intake. But as you stated in your previous post. He doesn't. Therefore i was just trying to keep him going down the safe road.
    I see where you're trying to go with that; however, stating to somebody that losing anymore than 1/2lb a week will probably cause them to lose LBM is rubbish. What happens when he does well and loses 2lbs a week, but now he's scared he's losing muscle mass so he increases calories.

This isn't rocket science. It's pretty easy to advise someone to post their diet and tell them to spend 20 buck on some BF calipers and keep us updated so we can make adjustments.

Truth is at his current state, he could probably lose quite a bit of fat without dropping any LBM. If somebody told me to diet my ass off, train my ass off and I could lose 2lbs a month...I would want to do aas too.

To the OP: You stated that you had a good base. Concentrate on losing the weight. It won't really even matter if you lose a bit of muscle b/c as you start leaning out you'll look better and feel better than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    I see where you're trying to go with that; however, stating to somebody that losing anymore than 1/2lb a week will probably cause them to lose LBM is rubbish. What happens when he does well and loses 2lbs a week, but now he's scared he's losing muscle mass so he increases calories.

This isn't rocket science. It's pretty easy to advise someone to post their diet and tell them to spend 20 buck on some BF calipers and keep us updated so we can make adjustments.

Truth is at his current state, he could probably lose quite a bit of fat without dropping any LBM. If somebody told me to diet my ass off, train my ass off and I could lose 2lbs a month...I would want to do aas too.

To the OP: You stated that you had a good base. Concentrate on losing the weight. It won't really even matter if you lose a bit of muscle b/c as you start leaning out you'll look better and feel better than ever before.
    my mistake my mistake i didnt mean .5lbs a week when i said 1/2 lbs i meant 1 to 2 lbs a week. Completely my mistake

That makes more sense.

You guys are getting off track here. So I started this week on a high cardio workouts to cut the weight down. If i get to about 240 will that be a good weight for me to start?

V-ROID is offline Member
    You guys are getting off track here. So I started this week on a high cardio workouts to cut the weight down. If i get to about 240 will that be a good weight for me to start?
    No. Please post stats, goals and pics in the diet forum. If you listen and follow advice there, you will be amazed by results. Much more amazed then by jabbing yourself, working out like mofo and probably feeling like crap.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    depends on bf % too. would need more info
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Thread Information