Thread: help!

blowinup is offline Junior Member

help!

just pinned in my right leg and got about half the ml in and all of a sudden I must have moved in a little more and hit
    Something and got a major twitch in the muscle. So I pulled back a tiny bit and continued to inject and when I ended and pulled out got a gush of blood.I tried as quickly as possible to grab a swab and apply pressure but lost a fair few drops and now there's a bit of a Lump just under the skin on the injection site. I'm assuming I'm gonna be in a bit of pain as the muscle tensed up when I got the twitch but I was wondering if as I bled out would I have Lost valuable test by it being pushed back out in the blood?

Bump

jp_2011 is offline Junior Member
    I think the last thing on ur mind shud b losin sum test, b thankful u didnt hit a vein or the pin didnt snap in ur quad wen it twiched or u wud av bin on a nice trip to hospital

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to the wonderful world of cycling!

Better get used to it, cuz this shit happens

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    The lump is probably the test that you did manage to keep under the skin, but it could be blood as well. Sounds to me like you hit a nerve, but all in all, I doubt you did any real harm. I've injected too close to a nerve before and I ended up with numbness along my sciatic nerve for almost a year. Like Times_Roman said, welcome to cycling! I wouldn't sweat it though, these things happen but you shouldn't be in any real danger. Just be more careful where you inject. On a side note, though, when I feel a twitch (nerve reaction), I pull completely out and start someplace else.

mnt51 is offline New Member
    just make sure your using the corrects sites for injections. For your quads use the middle third of the anteriolateral thigh (vastus lateralis).

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I get muscled twitch's and blood all the time. You probably went through a vein, as long as you aspirate and don't inject straight into a vein your fine. I'm guessing the twitch was from hitting a nerve like brian said. I usually find I get a little more sore when I hit a nerve but it's not big deal.

I'm not so worried about losing the test per sey. Just curious if i should put another ml in thisevening so I'm not up and down with my test levels and yeah I try to stay away from the quads for this reason but I doubled up on my glutes last week so I had not much choice and haven't tried anywhere else yet. I'm curious about shoulders but I want to wait to pin right before the weekend. It'll be a pain in the ass having virgin muscle pain in my arms and concreting at the same time what pins should I use for shoulders? Same as glutes and quads?

Quote Originally Posted by blowinup View Post
    I'm not so worried about losing the test per sey. Just curious if i should put another ml in thisevening so I'm not up and down with my test levels and yeah I try to stay away from the quads for this reason but I doubled up on my glutes last week so I had not much choice and haven't tried anywhere else yet. I'm curious about shoulders but I want to wait to pin right before the weekend. It'll be a pain in the ass having virgin muscle pain in my arms and concreting at the same time what pins should I use for shoulders? Same as glutes and quads?
    You will be fine, doubt you lost enough to make any difference. What size pins do you have? I use 25g inch pins for everything, 20g inch and a half to draw.

23g 1.25 inch pins. And 19g to draw can I use the 23s in my shoulders?

I just went in the delt and no nerve twitches but as my wife pulled out the pin I got a wicked dribble of blood again. I'm worried I won't have any of my last two shots in my body I lost a good amount of blood before I could block it up. I have been so good with my cycle I don't wanna be injecting only a ml per week instead of 2 I have been before I started this bleeding phase. :s

Quote Originally Posted by blowinup View Post
    I just went in the delt and no nerve twitches but as my wife pulled out the pin I got a wicked dribble of blood again. I'm worried I won't have any of my last two shots in my body I lost a good amount of blood before I could block it up. I have been so good with my cycle I don't wanna be injecting only a ml per week instead of 2 I have been before I started this bleeding phase. :s
    This happens all the time, you didn't lose any of your gear don't worry. Sometimes it bleeds man, that's the nature of sticking a needle in your body.

Thread Information