Thread: What do I need?

ItsAboutTime is offline New Member

What do I need?

I'm 28. 6'1" 240. Im about 26-27% BF. I workout regularly, but my intensity is decreasing. Im lacking the energy to get the gains that I want. Diet is an issue and one that I am changing. But I am just not able to show the gains that I did 5 years ago. Here are my goals:

10-12% BF (I want to be cut but not ripped)
    Increase size and strength
    Have a fit lifestyle
    No intentions of ever competing, but just want to feel good about myself.

I have been BIG, and I have been cut. I want to be BIG and cut. I have a solid frame. I think to start out I was thinking of HGH and Winstrol . Depending on results the next cycle may be different.

I am able to workout daily, but it is in the evenings. I usually have about 1-1.5 hours to do so. I mix it up with about 60% weight training and 40% cardio.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
    I'm 28. 6'1" 240. Im about 26-27% BF. I workout regularly, but my intensity is decreasing. Im lacking the energy to get the gains that I want. Diet is an issue and one that I am changing. But I am just not able to show the gains that I did 5 years ago. Here are my goals:

10-12% BF (I want to be cut but not ripped)
    Increase size and strength
    Have a fit lifestyle
    No intentions of ever competing, but just want to feel good about myself.

I have been BIG, and I have been cut. I want to be BIG and cut. I have a solid frame. I think to start out I was thinking of HGH and Winstrol . Depending on results the next cycle may be different.

I am able to workout daily, but it is in the evenings. I usually have about 1-1.5 hours to do so. I mix it up with about 60% weight training and 40% cardio.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    I'd say from your bodyfat percentage that your diet is not what it should be. I think firstly you should work on this and with good nutrition your bf should be in the teens at worst. From there you could consider a cycle which for a first cycle would not include HGH and probably not winstrol either.

If you'd like nutrition help post up your diet for people to critique in the nutrition section.

boxa06

Thank you for your reply. Diet is a concern, but one that again, I am working on. I will also post in the nutrition section to get some advice there. What would your recommend for a newbie with my goals? I have been able to maintain a good body up until 7 years ago when I quit playing college ball. Every year seems harder and harder. Just looking for the edge to keep me going in the gym.

boxa06

Thank you for your reply. Diet is a concern, but one that again, I am working on. I will also post in the nutrition section to get some advice there. What would your recommend for a newbie with my goals? I have been able to maintain a good body up until 7 years ago when I quit playing college ball. Every year seems harder and harder. Just looking for the edge to keep me going in the gym.
    At this point my recommendation is a solid nutrition and workout plan for as long as it takes you to get your bodyfat to a reasonable point.

I will mention though that for a beginner a first cycle would just be a simple test cycle which would increase lean body mass and reduce body fat but only if you have the foundations to begin with. I will again mention I am strongly recommending you get your nutrition sorted at this point or you won't get anywhere with or without aas.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    You need to sort your diet out first before cycling otherwise your going to be prone to side effects. Get your bf down to under 14% otherwise you will have some serious estrogen related sides.

boxa06

Thank you again for your reply. I have posted a thread in the nutrition section. I hope to get some good info out of it. I will definitely heed your advice. I have no sources and no leads, so started a cycle of anything is out of the question now. Hopefully, I can get my BF to a more reasonable percentage. By then maybe I will have made the connections I need. I do want to have an idea of where to start, so I do appreciate your time. Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    You need to sort your diet out first before cycling otherwise your going to be prone to side effects. Get your bf down to under 14% otherwise you will have some serious estrogen related sides.
    What side effects are you referring to? Also, I have seen several post on here with folks with high BFs that started cycles with success. Could they be the exception to the rule?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    When you have a high bf % it increases the conversion factor of
    testosterone to estrogen, this will increase the sides related to high estrogen.
    You can also be more likely to higher water retention sides and increased BP
    when you have a higher BF %. Fat cell receptors have more of an affinity to
    aromatising so if you have more fat cells than you have more of a chance
    estrogen related sides.

boxa06

Thank you again for your reply. I have posted a thread in the nutrition section. I hope to get some good info out of it. I will definitely heed your advice. I have no sources and no leads, so started a cycle of anything is out of the question now. Hopefully, I can get my BF to a more reasonable percentage. By then maybe I will have made the connections I need. I do want to have an idea of where to start, so I do appreciate your time. Thank you again.
    You're welcome mate! I found your nutrition thread and posted some links for you.

Also listen to marcus300, you're more prone to side effects including gyno.

Gyno concerns me. I have never been able to chisel my chest. Even running 5+ miles a day with a six pack, I've always carried extra fat in my chest (granted, not as much as I am carrying now). Could I already have gyno? How do you know for sure? Any suggestions?

Thread Information