ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries

About to begin Accutane

Starting 30mg tomorrow, is there any supplements or vitamins I should take to lessen any possible side effects?

Razor is offline Banned
    Gets Burts Bee's for your lips ASAP and get as much sunlight as you can, can cause depression even if not prone to it
    Good Luck, it will get rid of the nasties but has some nasties of its own, get you liver checked every 3 months.

Blog Entries
    Ok thanks Razr! I tan pretty regularly so that shouldn't be a problem.

markdbg is offline Associate Member
    i was on 80 ed for 6 months, ur face/lips get dry and bleed alot but that wasnt a problem at all compared to the nose bleeds. if i blew my nose or touched the inside it would pour. some times for no reason just start bleeding due to dryness. for about two weeks i had 5-6 nose bleeds a day that lasted up to an hour long. very week and dizzy by the end of it. had to get emergency cotorized a few times. putting cream up on the middle part in your nose helps but not when u get to the stage i was at. i dried dropping the dose to 20ed but the bleeds kept coming to the point where i had to stop. and you become VERY SENSITIVE TO SUNLIGHT. i was perscribed special sunscreen for going outside in the summer. you may not need it with your dose but apply lots of sunscreen often. blood test every month would be the way to do aswell. supplements you could take none really other then sum liv52 but that wont stop sides just try and support ur liver. drink lots of water and dont drink alcohol aswell.

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ramacher View Post
    You need natural sunlight brother, also take Liver Longer or Milk Thistle

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    remember you will be more sensitive to sun. so if you burn easy be care full
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    remember you will be more sensitive to sun. so if you burn easy be care full
    What I do is do not sit in direct sunlight, sit inside and let the natural light come in. Works like a charm ramacher!!

DanB is offline Banned
    I was told by dermatologist to avoid sunbeds at all costs while on accutane as it will destroy your skin

Sides i experience are dry skin (good moistouriser cream fixes this), severe chapped lips (lip balm several times a day, if I dont then they bleed) and depending on the dose I get random nose bleeds, nothing to fix this that im aware of except lowering the dose

No depression or anything else, I think the ones I listed are the common sides and the rest are pretty rare

Except for the stress on liver which is different for everybody

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markdbg View Post
    i was on 80 ed for 6 months, ur face/lips get dry and bleed alot but that wasnt a problem at all compared to the nose bleeds. if i blew my nose or touched the inside it would pour. some times for no reason just start bleeding due to dryness. for about two weeks i had 5-6 nose bleeds a day that lasted up to an hour long. very week and dizzy by the end of it. had to get emergency cotorized a few times. putting cream up on the middle part in your nose helps but not when u get to the stage i was at. i dried dropping the dose to 20ed but the bleeds kept coming to the point where i had to stop. and you become VERY SENSITIVE TO SUNLIGHT. i was perscribed special sunscreen for going outside in the summer. you may not need it with your dose but apply lots of sunscreen often. blood test every month would be the way to do aswell. supplements you could take none really other then sum liv52 but that wont stop sides just try and support ur liver. drink lots of water and dont drink alcohol aswell.
    I can't help but feel that I'd rather have acne than take Accutane. Good god!

felk87 is offline Banned
    Dang accutane almost sounds scarier than tren .

Quote Originally Posted by felk87 View Post
    Dang accutane almost sounds scarier than tren.
    Isn't that the truth.

felk87 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BBrian

Isn't that the truth.
    Lol yeah i think i too much rather have some acne

smallnutz is offline Banned
    From personal experience be careful I had side effects. If you tan. Don't and keep your reps super high weight super low it will weaken your bones. So stick to machines. My experience it made my fingernails so sore I cudnt close my hands and being a personal trainer it was horrible everything I grabbed I squealed like a bitch.

Dmitri Diablo is offline Junior Member
    It's a tough trade. Treating the acne, but getting symptoms similar to chemo therapy, from the accutane.

My night vision was shit when I was on accutane for 18 months.....

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

I would run a good probiotic to help keep your stomach health in order. There have been some serious stomach disorders
    associated with ACCUTANE use but this can help prevent those.

Blog Entries
    Been on for a week no side effects yet. But I have noticed I have gotten acne on my chest, which is usually rare for me. Does it get worse then get better?

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ramacher
    Been on for a week no side effects yet. But I have noticed I have gotten acne on my chest, which is usually rare for me. Does it get worse then get better?
    Most places I have read, say yes you will get initial breakout. But I have read quite a few logs with people that tapered from 10 to 20 then to 30 over the course of about a month that usually sorted that problem but I assume everyone is different.. I'm considering running it soon or may hold out till a month or two before my next cycle, using antibiotics ATM been on a week and am seeing results so see how that goes, but low dose accutane all the way next cycle

DanB is offline Banned
    Yes it could be worse for up to the first month as it pushes the oil out of the glands

But then beautiful oil free clear skin
    Last edited by DanB; 02-14-2012 at 01:05 PM.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    So basically you gotta get over the first month or two and then you will see results

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    Gets Burts Bee's for your lips ASAP and get as much sunlight as you can, can cause depression even if not prone to it
    Good Luck, it will get rid of the nasties but has some nasties of its own, get you liver checked every 3 months.
    NOOOOOO Stay outa the sun man..... atleast direct sunlight. Accutane will make your skin more sensitive and you'll burn easier.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by markdbg View Post
    I'm assuming this was doc prescribed?

I've never had a problem running up to 40mg's/day. If the acne is really bad..... i'll use 40mg's/day until I start seeing some results.... then I drop to 20mg's until i'm pretty clear. Then I drop to 10mg's for a few weeks after i'm clear and the acne hasn't returned unless i screw with my dosage drastically.

Worst part about it was dry lips..... nothing else.....

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Blog Entries
    It was not doctor prescribed.

not you lol sry.... i was replying to markdbg

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Blog Entries
    lol. Yeah I am beginning week 4, and I am breaking out all over my back. I don't know if this is supposed to happen, but I am getting sick of it. I want clear skin!!!

Blog Entries
    Is it supposed to get worse before it gets better?

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gearbox
    So basically you gotta get over the first month or two and then you will see results
    I had very bad acne on my chest, neck and back.. Nasty.., shit the wife was having a field day popping all of the zits on my back... I was getting about 15-20 new pimples a day.

I started to see results at 20mgs twice a day within the first week.. After the first month almost stopped having acne, currently my dermo has me on 40mgs twice a day.. I now get like 5 pimples a month.. Going on month 3, she told me I'll be on for another 3 months

Mine doc prescribed, I'm currently have chap stick with me, and oh yes the nose bleed got one while I was asleep woke me up.. But not that bad no more, I was getting about 2 a day the first two - three weeks doctor said everything I experience was normal I also was getting tired..

The bw also every month, my liver values where normal At 30 mgs twice per day so I will see her on the 2nd march
    Last edited by FONZY007; 02-20-2012 at 05:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    I am using generic accutane btw. I don't know if this makes much of a difference. And this is the beginning of my third week*, not fourth.

Have any of you ever used antibiotics successfully to treat acne while on-cycle? Tetracycline, Erythromycin, Minocycline, Doxycycline and Clindamycin are the antibiotics I've read about that are used by dermatologists to treat acne. I'm considering obtaining one of these myself, granted that they will not interfere with my health while injecting anabolics.

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBrian
    Have any of you ever used antibiotics successfully to treat acne while on-cycle? Tetracycline, Erythromycin, Minocycline, Doxycycline and Clindamycin are the antibiotics I've read about that are used by dermatologists to treat acne. I'm considering obtaining one of these myself, granted that they will not interfere with my health while injecting anabolics.
    I have used minocycline, and doxycycline is the strongest before they put u on accutane. but this last time it didnt work so she put me on accutane

I have used both and worked, but not this last time

Thread Information