jholl is offline Junior Member

Grapefruit Juice and Orals

Just wondering what people think about drinking grapefruit juice with tabs. I've seen it on here before and i did some online research and found that it does in fact inhibit 2 enzymes that are important in metabolizing and breaking down meds, thus allowing for much more of the drug to enter the bloodstream. Curious as to whether this would be a good or bad thing...

stpete is offline Banned
    Yeah i heard of this a couple years ago and employed it w/my next cycle of d-bol. Got good results but can't say that the grapefruit juice helped anymore or not. But most certainly can't hurt and i will drink it again when i use d-bol next.

cool. i found this information i thought was interesting about an anxiety drug and grapefruit juice (with many prescription drugs it can be pretty dangerous): "For example, as much as 99% of BuSpar (Buspirone) is normally metabolized before the drug ever enters the bloodstream. When taken in the presence of grapefruit juice (not even at the same time), the amount of BuSpar in the system could increase as much as 400% - a hazardous situation."

and apparently it doesn't even matter if you drink the juice at the same time as you take your pills as long as you are drinking a glass a day the effects will still be present from it being in your system.

stpete is offline Banned
    I used it to swallow my d-bol.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    when i took my dbol , i drank a glass of grapefruit juice as well.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    To get this effect you need to drink 16 oz of gfj every dose of dbol . Also its not very prudent: Read this: http://www.ergogenics.org/anabolenboek/index13en.html first main topib on cyp 450 enzymes
    Primary content: It is not realistic to try to block cytochrome P450 enzymes. These enzymes are so essential for the general metabolism of the body that it is not sensible to attempt such actions.

To expand on the metabolic funtions of the cyp enzymes inhibited: Estrogen metabolism , cortisol metabolism, pregesterone metabolism , metabolism of numerous toxins and carcinogens. If you ingest 48oz of gfj/day ( which translates into 3 split doses of dbolwith 16oz gfj which is amount necessary to illict this effect) you will inhibit these cyp enzymes for 24 hrs. Doing this daily means you inhibit metabolism of substances I mentioned in addition to many more. Consuming less than 15 oz gfj does little to nothing. All in all IMO its a bad idea.

Razor is offline Banned
    Well since its just nasty and reviews vary, why risk it?

yea good point, was just wondering...
    Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    Well since its just nasty and reviews vary, why risk it?

jross50 is offline New Member
    dont think it would make adifference

Todd the truth is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup
    Primary content: It is not realistic to try to block cytochrome P450 enzymes. These enzymes are so essential for the general metabolism of the body that it is not sensible to attempt such actions.
    Exactly. Anything that is metabolized by cp450 also causes CP450 induction (liver produces more) this is how we build 'tolerances' to drugs including AAS, narcotics, and ETOH. Just the bodies way of trying to prevent us from poisoning ourselves.

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    The best answer I can come up with is:

Dont waste your time... its not worth the effort... if your that concerned increase your dbol dosage by 10% and have a nice day..

Razor is offline Banned

Thread Information