GymRat96744 is offline Associate Member

massage compound in?

I was told by someone that you need to massage the compound in after you pin. I have not been doing this and don't see why you would need to. The said its to get the compound broken down into the muscle but I think the compound will work it self through the muscles. Andy info would be great thanks

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    When it comes to massaging i feel it can only aid in post injection pain

xelnaga is offline Banned
    It helps disperse the oil. Less chance of PIP and better absorption because it's spread out.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by xelnaga View Post
    It helps disperse the oil. Less chance of PIP and better absorption because it's spread out.
    any proof of that?
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Personally thats something i do not believe is true

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    agree with noles, always found if i pinned, massage the hell out of it took a hot shower and then massaged it throughout the day usually the pain wasn't too bad the following days. As far as dispersing the oil your muscles are pretty tight knit i'm not too sure a massage would aid in the aspect of "spreading" the oil out, maybe the constant rubbing would cause some more blood to the area and that could be a benefit but i really don't know.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    with the exception of a quick 3 second massage after pinning, I don't think the massage adds any value

BeastMode- is offline New Member
    I agree with everyone above. All heating and massaging will do is help it from not cystalizing

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I massage a few of my sites now that are getting a little tender from the ed abuse but It's definitely not necessary.

RuckusDC5 is offline Junior Member
    I read some where on here, not to massage. To just hold pressure for a bit after needle has been ejected. I just pinned for the first time ever this Thursday, and it was awesome lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    any proof of that?

Pharmacokinetic Comparison

"Several factors affect the systemic absorption of a drug following parenteral injection. Among the most important factors is blood circulation to the site of absorption (Wilkinson, 2001). Increased blood flow caused by local application of heat or massage will increase the absorption rate. Conversely, decreased blood flow caused by various disease states or vasoconstrictive agents can decrease the absorption rate. Furthermore, the surface type exposed to drug (for example, stomach, intestine, airway/lungs, skin, subcutaneous tissue, muscle) influences where absorption occurs (Wilkinson, 2001). This area of absorption is determined by the route of drug administration."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n17209134/

Pharmacokinetic Comparison

"Several factors affect the systemic absorption of a drug following parenteral injection. Among the most important factors is blood circulation to the site of absorption (Wilkinson, 2001). Increased blood flow caused by local application of heat or massage will increase the absorption rate. Conversely, decreased blood flow caused by various disease states or vasoconstrictive agents can decrease the absorption rate. Furthermore, the surface type exposed to drug (for example, stomach, intestine, airway/lungs, skin, subcutaneous tissue, muscle) influences where absorption occurs (Wilkinson, 2001). This area of absorption is determined by the route of drug administration."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n17209134/
    in all fairness you said rubbing spreads it out... this article just states more blood flow to the area which is not the same as spreading it out.. it does not help the your case to the statement gixxer questioned.

I have a hard time with any other theory. It seems to me that the more blood vessels a substance has access to the faster it will be absorbed.

well the number of blood vessels around the inject site won't change no matter how much you rub it. the possibility of more blood flow would be the only thing that could help however, it's in an oil form and thus leads to a slower absorption. bottom line is it really can't hurt rubbing it in....

GymRat96744 is offline Associate Member
    Thanks guys I just wanted too make sure that I was absorbing everything I am pinning. Don't want anything to go to waste.

I have a hard time with any other theory. It seems to me that the more blood vessels a substance has access to the faster it will be absorbed.
    Unless you're talking about suspension, it's attached to an ester so the absorption rate is of little importance. If it's absorbed into your bloodstream in 5 min or 6 hours what's the difference? The ester is what will dictate rate of availability.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    A while back I had started a thread about an injection issue and oil possibly moving. Though it was a different sitiation, this response would still apply. After this I stopped massaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte
    Stop massaging. That can force the oil back out of the muscle so that it gets trapped between the muscle and its myofascial sheath. It absorbs poorly here and is able to be carried downward by gravity. At least that's my best theory on this phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    Unless you're talking about suspension, it's attached to an ester so the absorption rate is of little importance. If it's absorbed into your bloodstream in 5 min or 6 hours what's the difference? The ester is what will dictate rate of availability.
    I agree . The difference is prob. nominal.

Thread Information