Juicing and AAS - End of week 1

Stats: on start date
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 213.4lbs
    Body fat: 10.5%

Got on a wild hare and decided to see what would happen if I went on a juice (Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead) diet while I was on a Test Prop/Tren /Deca cycle. First three days were awesome. I felt lean, tight, and strong. On the 4th day I took in 800 cal and burned 5500 cal. I couldn't get out of my car because my legs wouldn't move. I literally couldn't move my legs because they had zero energy in them. Once I made it inside, I couldn't lift my arms to eat. I literally had nothing left in me. So I modified my juicing and decided to juice in the morning, eat a controlled diet(enough calories for workout but really lean) consisting of raw foods including raw fish for lunch and dinner, and juice again after dinner. It's working out much better. Oh, and I started taking vegan protein based on wheat. I'm not a tree hugging nut I just want to see if there is health benefits or at least get leaner with a more whole food diet. Here are my stats after week 1. As I side note, I have arthritis in my hands. This week while juicing I noticed that my carpal tunnel syndrome and my arthritis hands felt a lot better. I can open and close my hands without any pain. I'll see if this is psychosomatic or the real deal over the next several weeks.

After Week 1:
    Weight 208.6lbs
    Body fat: 9.1%
    Last edited by ScotchGuard02; 02-13-2012 at 05:07 PM.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    How are you getting enough protein for growth (or mass maintenance)? Why risk your health if you are not going to see gains or maintain mass? Plus, I cannot get over the juxtaposition of juicing and eating only raw foods...and then using Prop/Tren /Deca . Strange.

Still, interested to see what happens.

EDIT: that wasn't mean to sound as negative as it appears. I was expressing genuine confusion...not disapproval. I'm not the boss of you. Heh.
    Last edited by JohnnyVegas; 02-13-2012 at 05:11 PM.

DanB is offline Banned
    Very impressive stats for any age let alone 51

Well done mate, alot of respect coming from here,

Subscribed

I guess I should state my goal for this cycle. I've already been into the 220+lbs realm and felt it was plenty big enough for me. What I'm trying now is concentrate on fitness, wellness, and health. I want to be right around 200lbs and low bodyfat. I'm experimenting with juice because the lack of micro-nutrients in my diet. I discovered that I can maintain enough calories to do my daily activities (weight training M-Sa 1hr per day, grappling T/Th/Sa 2 hours per session, kickboxing M/W/F 1.5 hours per session) but it is cost prohibitive. It costs too much money to eat a healthy micro-nutrient rich diet in the U.S. (I'm assuming the whole family doing it not just 1 person in the family). I'm trying to see if it is possible to combine the micro-nutrients, macro-nutrients, physical exercise, and AAS to achieve a healthy balance of fitness, wellness, and health. I'm an old fart and I'm not really interested in pure bodybuilding. I want to increase my quality of life. I don't want to take a bunch of pills for arthritis, cholesterol, triglycerides, etc. I'm discovering if managing foods, the most potent steroid of all, can alleviate a lot of the issues people face as they age. So far, I've been impressed with the results of my experiment. My wife weighed herself today and she's lost a total of 11 lbs over the last 8 days. It will be interesting to see how much of that is water weight and how much she'll gain back when she comes of the juice only cleanse.

As far as protein intake and synthesis, I've read a ton of stuff about protein and how it's used in the body. I've switched from whey based protein to wheat based protein. The combination of the micro-nutrient based juice and macro-nutrient whey protein cause the protein to basically decompose in my stomach and cause gas. Yeah, it wasn't pretty. With the wheat based protein there is no gas and I just feel better. I don't know how to quantify "feel better" so I've been keeping a log of measurements statistics. Even though the numbers look good it doesn't begin to explain how much better I feel over all. Lots of energy, clearness of thought, heightened sense of well being (I think this is largely due to the HGH), tight/dry look in the muscles, etc.

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    With the amount of exercise you're performing each week, I was going to ask if you're on TRT considering your weight, height and body fat, but then I saw that you're on HGH. Are you cruising on test as well? Anyway, with your wife losing 11 lbs in 8 days as a result of switching from conventional foods to juice, I can't help but wonder if her sodium intake has just absolutely plummeted. At any rate, what does your juice actually contain? I'm interested to know the ingredients and the breakdown of macro nutrients. And on a side note, you mentioned switching to wheat protein from whey. Are you concerned with the fact that proteins from vegetables are not considered high-quality protein in contrast to protein from animal sources (milk - whey & casein, and meat)?

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Thanks for the explanation...makes total sense now. I cannot wait to hear how it goes. As a fellow old fart, I know the value of feeling good and being healthy.

Thread Information