Jerseystepup is offline Junior Member

post cardio question

I know theres other places on the board that this could be posted... However, this is the section i frequent, these are the peoples opinions and experience i go to, and just feel more confident with the answers i get here... SOOOO anyway.. Im about to start doing fasted cardio (with bcaa's) in the AM, then training about 5-7 hours later... For those of you out there that do fasted cardio, what do you consume immediately after? whole food? a shake? (if so containing what?) After i train in the afternoon my shake contains 60g of simple carbs, 50g of protein, 5g creatine, and 5g glutamine... just wondering what i should thrown down right after my cardio... thanks bros!

thex95 is offline Senior Member
    I personally just take a PWO shake identical to my PWO shake after a weight training session after morning cardio. However I also don't do fasted cardio, I always have a small snack first but that's just me.

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    I personally would want to take in the same nutrients after a fasted cardio session as you do after your afternoon workout. Restoring glycogen levels is very important and simple carbs are the best way to do that after cardio. But honestly, the guys in the nutrition forum are the ones who have the most experience with fasted cardio.

DanB is offline Banned
    I take 5egg white or whole depending on goals at time,1 scoop of myofusion and 100gram of oats with mabey 200ml milk and the rest water,blend it up and knock it back

Jerseystepup is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    I take 5egg white or whole depending on goals at time,1 scoop of myofusion and 100gram of oats with mabey 200ml milk and the rest water,blend it up and knock it back
    Interesting... any reason you prefer complex carbs over simple?? No better tasting protein than chocolate myofusion!

DanB is offline Banned
    Yeah I've been told here that the whole simple carb pwo thing is a myth and I find the oats to be cheap,easy to take and gives great energy. I'm on my fone at the minute so I can't link a thread to back that up but if u have a look in nutrition section you will see that gbrice among others has dismissed the simple carb pwo theory numerous times and they are more knowledgeable than myself on the subject so I'm inclined to believe them

WSC786 is offline Associate Member
    I'm cutting right now and I asked my trainer/nutritionist the same question and he said to have my normal planned breakfast meal do nothing different then if I didn't do fasted cardio. But it's along the same lines as what DanB said. Here's my typical breakfast post fasted cardio
    375ml egg whites
    1 whole egg
    2/3 cup oatmeal
    1 scoop myofusion chocolate protein
    1 tbsp flax meal seed
    Plus all vitamins and fish oils that u would normally take.
    Persoanlly I find fasted cardio great...but everyone is different.

choker28 is offline Junior Member
    100g gluten free oats big sized banana 20g whey 5g glutamine blended

Thread Information