DukeMorrison is offline New Member

FAA/Transport Canada Medical and AAS?

Hey guys, been reading on here for a quite a while but never become a member until now, but I had to ask this question. First off, I'm a pilot, so I have to get a yearly medical, which includes a urine test. I am looking into starting a cycle soon (sometime in the next year or so, still researching) and I was wondering if AAS would show up on an FAA or Transport Canada urine test( I live in Canada but I would assume FAA regs would be similar or better)? I know they don't on the standard employment drug test, but I figured this might possibly be different and don't want to chance it without asking. Anyone got any thoughts? Anyone with first hand experience would be even better.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The AAS won't show up, but they will throw off other things that may send up red flags (low test, lh, and FSH levels, poor lipid profile, etc).

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Why not wait until after all the testing is done? Then you shouldn't have anything to worry about as far as the red flags Bonaparte mentioned.

DukeMorrison is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Why not wait until after all the testing is done? Then you shouldn't have anything to worry about as far as the red flags Bonaparte mentioned.
    Ya that's what I had in mind. I get my medical done in September/October so I was thinking a cycle next winter sometime, just wanted to be safe and not jeopardize my career.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    The AAS won't show up, but they will throw off other things that may send up red flags (low test, lh, and FSH levels, poor lipid profile, etc).
    How long until these signs would return to normal? What would my time frame for a cycle look like next winter, in terms of when I should be off cycle to be good for the following September?

Thanks for help guys.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If you're healthy and do everything properly, everything should normalize within maybe 2 months. But there are so many factors here.

Thread Information