SGO
    SGO is offline New Member

First time user.

I am 40 years old and wanted to try steroid to help in the gym, i want to gain some size but gain strength also.
    Since turning 40 i don't have the same strength in the gym as what i used to.
    I am not sure and a bit confused about what to take and how much i should take.
    Not looking for massive growth but more strength.
    Any advice for fist time user would be great.

Anyone had any problems shipping to Australia?

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    From what I hear, its VERY difficult to get gear through OZ customs. What are the rest of your stats?

SGO
    What do you mean by stats?

Height, weight, body fat %.

SGO
    5'9, 82kg, about 20%

C-BuZz is offline Junior Member
    What's your routine like? How long have you been lifting? Height/weight/blah blah blah...

Quote Originally Posted by SGO View Post
    5'9, 82kg, about 20%
    Do you have a cardio / weight loss program in place? You're gona want to get your body fat under 15% before your cycle, in order to avoid a greater risk of estrogen related side effects like Gyno, & also to avoid a possible heart attack due to high BP (steroids raise your BP)

SGO
    Have been lifting for a while but have just got over injury and now trying to lift more, struggling to improve.

I workout about 6 days a week, with 1 or 2 of those days i do cardio.
    I have wait loss program in place, and 20% is a guess maybe not that high.

6 days a week is over training, without sufficient rest & recovery time, your muscles will grow very little if at all. And cardio twice a week is not likely to help you achieve your weight loss goals.

C-BuZz is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SGO View Post
    Have been lifting for a while but have just got over injury and now trying to lift more, struggling to improve.
    How long is a while? I'm a similar age & my strength has been steadily increasing over the years without fail.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79 View Post
    6 days a week is over training, without sufficient rest & recovery time, your muscles will grow very little if at all. And cardio twice a week is not likely to help you achieve your weight loss goals.
    I agree, my recovery time has almost doubled being a similar age to the OP & working out 6 days a week is asking for a quick burnout.

Julz_W is offline Junior Member
    is this 100%? I thought if you had sufficient rest you were able to go to a gym 6 days a week if you split correctly to different muscle groups.

Is this too much abuse on the CNS or is there more to it than that? Sorry if that's a spastic Q but I'm actually curious about this now.

If you're tearing down muscle groups day after day after day, your body is overwhelmed with the need to heal & can not do so, efficiently because you're not allowing it to. If you workout EOD, this allows for a full 24+ hours of recovery time between trauma.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    If you're tearing down muscle groups day after day after day, your body is overwhelmed with the need to heal & can not do so, efficiently because you're not allowing it to. If you workout EOD, this allows for a full 24+ hours of recovery time between trauma.
    Agreed. Especially important as you get older. My recovery time is longer now than when I was younger. I mostly follow the EOD schedule now for lifting now, although I will do cardio any day...and I am trying to do it four to six times a week as I am still trying to lose some fat.

I just noticed I am also agreeing with C-BuZz.

It simply takes a different approach at this age (I am in my 40s as well).

SGO
    When i say six times a week, i train two muscle groups on the day.
    I do this for two or three days and then have a day off.
    In one week i try an all round workout.

I have attached my weekly workout to give you guys an idea of what i'm doing.
    I have had a diet worked out for me and its working fine, but just not bulking up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Traing plan.JPG 
Views:	182 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	120445

Thread Information