DinoV is offline New Member

Have my prescribed painkillers ruined my pct?

I'm 31 years old. I began my PCT on Jan. 1st after a 12 week cycle of Test and some EQ(first cycle). I ran Arimidex .5 EOD, and HCG the entire time but am skeptical about the HCG quality. My PCT was Clomid 100/50/50/25, Nolva 40/20/20/20, and Adex .25 every 3 days.

I was hit by a drunk driver on Jan 3rd. My back was a mess. I was on a strong opiate painkiller(roxicodone) for about 5 weeks. I've read that opiates smash your test levels and also cause prolactin build up.

My PCT has been done for almost 4 weeks and I don't feel very good. I believe I've still got some testicular atrophy(although better than before) and my libido is non-existent. Can get a weak erection but it's work.

My question is, did these painkillers likely ruin my pct? Should I run another one, and what would that one consist of? Should I do a few weeks of quality HCG then run one?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    its possible they hurt.
    i would get bloodwork done before you take anything else.
    how much hcg did you use during cycle?
    why did you use a-dex for pct
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

I ran 500ius per week. I didn't use the adex for the first two weeks of pct, but then read some articles saying it's a must. Since then have read that it and Nolva don't work well together.

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    The biggest problem I see with running an AI throughout your PCT is that you will probably suffer from estrogen rebound as soon as you stop the AI, and not following up with a SERM a good amount of time after ceasing the AI will cause that estrogen to affect you greatly. You need a SERM after AI to stop the high levels of estrogen from interacting with their respective receptors until that rebound stops. Are you bloated? Getting continuous acne? Gyno? Depression?

yea i wouldnt have used the a-dex.
    honestly it could be a few things
    i'd get blood work done and see where everything is at and then decide if you need to take something else

Not bloated, no acne or gyno,, dealing with some depression and just general tiredness.

DanB is offline Banned
    Ive been on similar opiates in the past and yes they absoultely kill your libido, but it usually rebounds in about 2 weeks, granted I wasnt on pct at the time but the point is that by my guesstimations you have been off them for a week? so give it some time

And like Gixxer said, you need bloodwork done, this is all just speculation until you get some fiqures to work off

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoV View Post
    Not bloated, no acne or gyno,, dealing with some depression and just general tiredness.
    Again thats a sympthom of opiate withdraweral and low test so you need bloods done mate

Any recommendation of where I can get a hormone panel done for the lowest price. Looking around online for places, and it seems like I'm gonna have to pay about $300 or more.

there is section here that has places to get it done

DanB is offline Banned
    I dont know mate I'm in different country but if you have insurance then they may cover it

Your local doc should be able to refer you for it which may be cheaper
    Last edited by DanB; 02-24-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Thanks for the feedback. I need to get some cash together for the bloodwork, but in the meantime, for my own peace of mind, would time generally sort this issue out, or should I be pawning the tv to get this done ASAP?

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    I'd try to blame the way you're feeling on the accident n resulting roxi use n have the doc bill the insurance company.

If nothin else hopefully they'll cover the bloodwork.

It is true that you have been feeling these symptons since the accident/opiates. It is also true that you believe these symptons were onset due to the accident n opiate use.
    They don't need to know you were on cycle.

just my .02

I don't have insurance and the lawsuit against the driver has not paid out yet. Just got off the phone with the lab and it'll be $386 for a test that includes Free and Total Test, Estrodial, Prolactin, and LH. Will that be enough info? I might not be able to afford that until I get another paycheck in 9 days. Am I jeopardizing my future health and endocrine system by not acting immediately or will waiting to get tested and get results in say 12 days be ok?

12 days is fine.

Thread Information