Thread: adding prop?

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member

adding prop?

ok so I'm a week and a half into my 12 week test only cycle I'm running 500mgs test E a week, I have a vial of test prop aswel.I wasn't going to use it for this cycle but now I'm wondering if I can use it for a week or two starting now? Any thoughts?

BigGuy90 is offline Associate Member
    Try ending your cycle on test prop instead of having to wait those hard two weeks without any test injections.

xelnaga is offline Banned
    I am not usually a fan of guys adding compounds as an after thought. However, using prop as a kick start while you wait for the test E to kick in is not a bad idea.

jay420 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy90 View Post
    Try ending your cycle on test prop instead of having to wait those hard two weeks without any test injections.
    I agree ...I always liked prop! Eq and prop great mix....also mast. Is also great

You can either use prop to get some early size on top of your test E, or you can use it at the end so that you dont feel the crummies.

Quote Originally Posted by xelnaga
    You can either use prop to get some early size on top of your test E, or you can use it at the end so that you dont feel the crummies.
    Can use you give me some dosage ideas?, I have enuff prop to do both.

75-100 mgs EOD or 50mgs ED

Quote Originally Posted by xelnaga
    75-100 mgs EOD or 50mgs ED
    Really?, on top of the 500 if test E? Also since I'm a week and a half in already how long should I run the prop?

Should there be any additional concerns when adding the prop?,as in higher ai dose, pct, ect ...

You may have to adjust AI slightly. If you end cycle with prop you should wait 2-3 days after last prop inject to start pct.

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyD View Post
    ok so I'm a week and a half into my 12 week test only cycle I'm running 500mgs test E a week, I have a vial of test prop aswel.I wasn't going to use it for this cycle but now I'm wondering if I can use it for a week or two starting now? Any thoughts?
    What's the reasoning behind this idea? Just to run more test? Or to extend the cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by stpete

What's the reasoning behind this idea? Just to run more test? Or to extend the cycle?
    I guess the idea is, I'm impatient!! Waiting for the E to kick in!, if its a really bad idea I can wait till my next cycle to use it, but I have it already, and I would love the extra boost while waiting for the E to kick in.

BigGuy90 is offline Associate Member
    Patience grasshopper you'll see good results in a few weeks. If you wanted to see results right away an oral would have done the trick. I wouldn't add any more test if its your first cycle and I still like the idea of running it the last two weeks so you don't get that crappy feeling of not taking any test

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy90
    Patience grasshopper you'll see good results in a few weeks. If you wanted to see results right away an oral would have done the trick. I wouldn't add any more test if its your first cycle and I still like the idea of running it the last two weeks so you don't get that crappy feeling of not taking any test
    I might just hold off, but why not add more test? Its not like I'm adding a different compound, it would just be nice to load up!

Bump! Any other advise on this guys ??

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    I completely agree with BigGuy90. I prefer to stop injecting my long ester 2-2.5 weeks before the end of the cycle, replacing it with prop. This will have an affect on the half life of the test in your system that will allow you to begin PCT sooner, which will have a positive affect on maintaining gains. I also personally prefer to start a cycle with either an oral or a short ester for the sake of my own impatience, and if I were in your shoes I would inject the test prop at 50mg every day for a week and a half, bringing you to the beginning of week 4 when the test enanthate will have just begun to produce a noticeable affect. I think that you will be very pleased with the way that this method elevates the beginning of your cycle in terms of strength and weight gains. Keep in mind that you will also want to increase your AI dose just slightly if you go this route. But if this intimidates you at all, simply using it at the end of your cycle will prove useful all the same and I believe you will still enjoy your cycle quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BBrian
    I completely agree with BigGuy90. I prefer to stop injecting my long ester 2-2.5 weeks before the end of the cycle, replacing it with prop. This will have an affect on the half life of the test in your system that will allow you to begin PCT sooner, which will have a positive affect on maintaining gains. I also personally prefer to start a cycle with either an oral or a short ester for the sake of my own impatience, and if I were in your shoes I would inject the test prop at 50mg every day for a week and a half, bringing you to the beginning of week 4 when the test enanthate will have just begun to produce a noticeable affect. I think that you will be very pleased with the way that this method elevates the beginning of your cycle in terms of strength and weight gains. Keep in mind that you will also want to increase your AI dose just slightly if you go this route. But if this intimidates you at all, simply using it at the end of your cycle will prove useful all the same and I believe you will still enjoy your cycle quite a bit.
    Always great to hear from you Brian!, just one more question, normally I would start pct 14 days after my last test E shot, so if after my last test E shot then how would I dose the prop and when would I start pct?

stpete is offline Banned
    I start PCT 3 days after my last injection of prop.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyD View Post
    Always great to hear from you Brian!, just one more question, normally I would start pct 14 days after my last test E shot, so if after my last test E shot then how would I dose the prop and when would I start pct?
    Well, some people may tell you to simply maintain the same mg dosage, but I would and will be tapering down slightly for the sake of total mg's in my system as the half lives come into play. There's also the simple fact that prop has a more pronounced affect and you will "feel" the same results with less prop than enanthate . So in your case perhaps injecting 350-400mg per week, split up in daily doses (or every other day doses if the injections are overwhelming). Then you should be able to begin PCT safely within 4-5 days. Sure beats two weeks

Here is an interesting online PCT calculator...

http://pct.befit4free.net/

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    I start PCT 3 days after my last injection of prop.
    This is heavily dependent on how many mg you have been injecting. From my research, and of course I'm no physiologist, but I have ascertained that you would want to have between 100 and 200mg of test left over from injections before being able to safely begin PCT, as that should be close enough a level at which your gonads will no longer receive the suppression signal. So if you've been injecting 800mg of prop, in 3 days you'll still have way too much test for PCT.

Thanks guys, very helpful, starting today I pinned 100mgs of prop and on Tuesday I will mix the 100mgs of prop with my 250mgs E. So 100mgs of prop eod for a week and a half, then just carry on with the 250mgs of E twice a week, for 12 weeks then start with prop again at 300-400mgs a week for 2 weeks then wait 3-4 days after last prop shot then start my nolva and clomid for 5 weeks? Does this sound right guys?

Also should I wait a little while before upping why adex? As of now I have been at .25mgs eod.

Bump!!

Bump,for advise please!

There are a few little things you can do differently, but all in all what you're doing now looks good to me, unless you can handle injecting every day. I personally enjoy the feeling of injecting prop every day instead of eod. As odd as it sounds, it actually gives me a warmer, more balanced feeling. Everything else looks fine, PCT should be good, and the Arimidex dose should be fine, but you will know if you need more by the amount of water you retain. The thing that people tend to leave out is the fact that not all brands of Arimidex are dosed the same, unfortunately. I have Adex from a pharmacy in FL that blows away an Adex I have made from a very popular UGL. So again, your best bet is to just see how your body reacts. As long as you're taking a dose close to the standard, which you are, you shouldn't have any severe gyno issues.

Thanks Brian.

titan13 is offline Junior Member
    Great thread. Just when I think I have completely dialed in my next cycle I find out more great info. I hate the weeks between cycle and pct.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BBrian View Post
    This is heavily dependent on how many mg you have been injecting. From my research, and of course I'm no physiologist, but I have ascertained that you would want to have between 100 and 200mg of test left over from injections before being able to safely begin PCT, as that should be close enough a level at which your gonads will no longer receive the suppression signal. So if you've been injecting 800mg of prop, in 3 days you'll still have way too much test for PCT.
    You're right...PCT start times are dose dependent. But he's taking 50mg/ED so, yah, 3 days is a good PCT start time.

And it's good to point out that those "PCT start" times are a guidelines. Not hard and fast rules.

But when you think about, no harm would come from starting PCT a day or two early, but it would really, really suck to start PCT too LATE.

Thread Information