Swatdoc is offline New Member

Questions about cutting

Hello Everyone,

I am an endurance athlete and need serious help with weight loss. It is average for me to gain 10-20 pounds in my off season (October-De***ber), but I usually lose it quickly once I get into the full swing of training.

This year I gained 30 pounds and have been in full swing of training since new years day and haven't lost any of my weight. Doing up to 3 hours of cardio 5-6 days a week. Diet is clean, in fact compared to most endurance athletes who stick to high carbs since I am a recovered fat ass I stick to a high protein diet.

My race is in April and I need to lose weight faster so I am looking for an edge. All this weight is slowing me down. I am in the end of my first week of a clen cycle (firswt ever) and other than normal side effect (jitters, hunger, etc.) I haven't seen any loss. I am 209 lbs 25% BF. Last year I raced at 275 lbs 17% BF. I would like to get to around 165 my the peak of my season. I want to keep my power and lose the fat.

Can anyone suggest anything to stack with it or any good alternative option?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

BTW I have also gone to the doc and had a blood draw to check test and thyroid. no issues noted.

chadstud is offline Associate Member
    You have been doing 3 hours of cardio 5-6 times a week and have a clean diet but haven't lost a pound? Doesn't make sense to me, and how were you at 275 17% bf when at 209 your at 25% ? I doubt youve lost thatuch muscle and gained that much fat.

Super-Chump is offline Associate Member
    ^ Uhh... i think it was a typo. 175 at 17% sounds more like it. How many calories are you consuming? My bet is that you are still at a surplus even after all your cardio

Thanks Super-Chump it was a typo. I consume about 1800 calories per day. Not all of my workouts are 3 hours, but they are up to 3 hours. During the week they are 20 minutes to an hour and weekend long runs and rides can be up to 3 hours (possibly 4 on the bike). I also lift 4 days per week. This is my third year racing and the weight usually drops faster and first event coming up fast. This isn't a peak race, but the point still matter and I am a defending a title and trying to step up my sponsorships- this is a large part of the reason I am looking for an edge.

This week while on Clen I have gained four pounds. I am hoping that it is just the mass amounts of water I have been drinking (constantly thirsty). Any suggestions for things to stack with it or something else to try?

cebby1985 is offline Associate Member
    Get your diet in check. Find your caloric needs to maintain your bw, and adjust by about 500+-cal per day to lose weight. Once you have that down, I mean weighing your good and getting exact cal,not just eyeball, then adjust your macros to your needs while staying in your cal deficit.

But I bet your not getting your cal on your weekend workouts. I can't imagine how many cal you.burn during a 3 hr run. Prob something insane. Your body may be lacking cal and then when you do eat its storing as fat

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cebby1985 View Post
    Get your diet in check. Find your caloric needs to maintain your bw, and adjust by about 500+-cal per day to lose weight. Once you have that down, I mean weighing your good and getting exact cal,not just eyeball, then adjust your macros to your needs while staying in your cal deficit.
    My thoughts aswell

Your diet cant possibly be tuned in if you arent losing weight, and gained 4 lbs on clem, im confused?

Can you post your diet for us, and do you drink alcohol much? this is where alot of people slip up, one night drinking can ruin your week of cal deficit. . . .

tall76 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This just doesn't add up- 1800 cals per day For someone who weighs 209 and works out like u say and gained 4 lbs. no way

Quote Originally Posted by tall76 View Post
    This just doesn't add up- 1800 cals per day For someone who weighs 209 and works out like u say and gained 4 lbs. no way
    I see an inaccurate diet here. But many things effect weigh that could account for 4 lbs. Say the op weighed himself first thing in the am wk 1 and weighed himself after a meal and had to take a dump in wk 2. That could account for 4lbs lol. But seriously, using clen and that much cardio and having issues w weight loss means your diet is out of line.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Post your diet in the diet section. It may not be as good as you think it is.

Thread Information