Thread: Another Angle?

MRJ241 is offline New Member

Another Angle?

I'm getting back in shape tired of being loose. looking forward to the journey. I do have a question why is it so frowned upon to start a cycle if your not already cut to shreds. I know it is a lifestyle and a test to see if your serious, but is it really that bad to just want to do a cycle to get ready for summer as long as you have a good workout routine going and you follow a proper cycle and PCT . I'm not talking about 12 weeks then your done, but working out doing a cycle for the summer and continue working out but still enjoying food and life and if you miss a workout no big deal. I really enjoy working out and shaping my body, but I love food and my life. I'm not saying people who take lifting and eating clean very serious don't enjoy life that is just the life you enjoy. To wrap it up all I want to do is to get in shape go through a cycle to give me that extra boost and stay active. So what do you think?

Thanks

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    your fat cells contains/produce the aromatase enzyme. the fatter you are, the higher is your aromatase activity. which means if you cycle when you're fat, more of the test you inject will be turned to estrogen, and you will suffer more estrogen-related sides compared to someone with lower bodyfat%. thats one of the reasons

How about if your in the 19%-22% range watching what you eat and working out 4+ days a week. Is it really that big of a risk, or are you just more likely than not to see negative side effects?

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    20% is really high. the risk of sides is really high. but if you really really REALLY want to start, make sure you run an AI along with it. its your choice, as long as you fully understand the risks

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by MRJ241 View Post
    How about if your in the 19%-22% range watching what you eat and working out 4+ days a week. Is it really that big of a risk, or are you just more likely than not to see negative side effects?
    yes there is more risks at 20%.
    and if your 20% your not watching what you eat and probably arent training the best.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

I am in 100% agreement with you guys, and really appreciate the informative feedback. I'm not saying your not right,but I have seen some guys around that range have some good results running a cycle. I am very athletic just have some a little to much fat around my stomach that is really the only place. my arms and legs are fit. I am an ex college football player that has let himself go a little to long and just really want that little extra something in training. And gixxerboy1 you are right I haven't been watching what I eat but I am now, and I've been really training my a** off now! Again thanks a lot for the feed back.
    Last edited by MRJ241; 03-07-2012 at 09:19 AM.

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    Make sure that you're incorporating a healthy amount of cardio into your workout routines. If you're lifting weights four days each week, I'd recommend doing high intensity cardio two days throughout each week and taking one day to rest. The more you exercise each week, the more you will find yourself developing discipline and determination to take your body to the next level, just as steroids do. If you start doing this now and modify your diet to one that is much cleaner (just STOP eating fried food, processed food, fast food, meats that are not lean such as sausage, or most pork for that matter, chicken and turkey breast, 7% lean ground beef, healthy servings of vegetables with every meal, etc.) you will find that excess fat on your trunk disappearing quickly. Steroids will prove to enhance your workouts tremendously, and that includes cardio. So steroids can be utilized with great success to reduce body fat, but the trick is to discipline yourself to exercise this intensely even when you are not on steroids. When we jump to steroids before we develop the discipline necessary to obtain a great physique, we typically lose our motivation as soon as we stop the cycle. This is why, for the sake of mental discipline, it is so important that we get on this routine before we start cycling. This will prepare us to continue working out in this fashion for the long-term.

Thanks BBrian, very good and useful info! I will take that advice and run with it(Literally).

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    How long have you been back hitting the steel?

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    How long have you been back hitting the steel?
    On and off for 6 years. My situation has really stabilized in the past 2 years, I have a great Wife, Kids, and job. Now all that is left is to really get back in shape to look and feel my best.

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBrian
    Make sure that you're incorporating a healthy amount of cardio into your workout routines. If you're lifting weights four days each week, I'd recommend doing high intensity cardio two days throughout each week and taking one day to rest. The more you exercise each week, the more you will find yourself developing discipline and determination to take your body to the next level, just as steroids do. If you start doing this now and modify your diet to one that is much cleaner (just STOP eating fried food, processed food, fast food, meats that are not lean such as sausage, or most pork for that matter, chicken and turkey breast, 7% lean ground beef, healthy servings of vegetables with every meal, etc.) you will find that excess fat on your trunk disappearing quickly. Steroids will prove to enhance your workouts tremendously, and that includes cardio. So steroids can be utilized with great success to reduce body fat, but the trick is to discipline yourself to exercise this intensely even when you are not on steroids. When we jump to steroids before we develop the discipline necessary to obtain a great physique, we typically lose our motivation as soon as we stop the cycle. This is why, for the sake of mental discipline, it is so important that we get on this routine before we start cycling. This will prepare us to continue working out in this fashion for the long-term.
    This is very good advise! Not everyone wants to compete as a body builder so not everyone who takes steroids is going to have a diet as strict as a pro BBer, but if you are on the higher end in BF then it is very important to keep your diet very clean and get that cardio in!! Using AAS while out of shape and with lack of disapline is steroid abuse ....IMHO

Much appreciated Info!

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    It depends on what type of cycle you want to run. The guys above are right when they say "you have 20% body fat" you still need to find a workout that helps with that. Seems you need more of a cardio program than a cycle. The reason I ran my first cycle 10 years ago was because I couldnt get past a certain weight and coudlnt break a bench press weight. After my first 2 cycles, my natural weight went up by 20lbs and my natural bench press went up 30lbs. I wasnt looking to get into competitions or be a juice head or gym monkey. Im glad I did my cycles but your body type and my body type are on the opposite spectrums.

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    Oh, let me clarify that I should have inserted "instead eat chicken and turkey breast", etc.

Thread Information