Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By zaggahamma

Thread: Taking Deca permanently

mac_angel is offline New Member

Taking Deca permanently

I have Ehler's Danlos Syndrom. Innitially I thought I just had osteoarthritis, but we've found out that it's a lot more than just that. For the past few years I've taken a 20 week cycle of a semi-low dosage of deca and test throughout the summer. I found it easier to be more fit, and active, as well as a lot less painful on my joints. I usually started in April so it would be set in by the time the weather gets warm and I can be more active with my son. In my last year's post, asking for advice about dosages and different types of test (before I took test-e, last summer I took EquiTest), someone suggested that it might be better if I just stayed on permanently instead of a long cycle and PCT every fall. Avoid the crash and messing with my hormones. So, my question is what others might think about that? What kind of dosages would be okay for staying on? Any other worries about side effects, long term problems? I do take an e-blocker as well (I'm a bit prone to gyno). I'm very open with my doctor and tell her everything. We monitor my blood levels before, during, and after, and noticed that the EquiTest had less negative effects than the Test-E alone.

At 39 you're a little young to be on TRT. I'm 52 and started cycling a little over 4 years ago. Last year, I decided that I would just stay on TRT (200mg/wk Test Prop) permanently. No PCT, No crash, basically the same conclusion you came to. The downside is that I need to poke a needle into my hip for the rest of my life. If you want to do that, then welcome to the TRT club. Otherwise, stick to the cycling.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    i got on trt at age 36 and have no regrets

some earlier than that

this is a very interesting post...i'm subscribing to learn more about your condition and how you proceed

best of luck

well, it's not test that my body is short on, but a calogen dificiency. All connective tissue in my body doesn't work properly. Think of elastic bands. Most peoples skin, tendons, ligaments, heart valves, etc, all act like a strong elastic band. People with EDS, that elastic band acts like an old dried out elastic band. Not as strong. You might think that 39 is young to be starting TRT, but I also think having an echocardiogram every three years at this age is also kinda young. If my muscles are bigger and stronger (not talking about body building or lifting huge weights) then they will keep my joints in place a lot better. The deca itself increased the ammount of anti-inflamatories that the body produces naturally as well as does something to help lubricate the joints. I'm not sure how, I'm not a technician or anything, it's just what I got from reading online and talking to others. Also, it's something I've experienced myself in the past few years I've been on it. Through the summer my knees hurt less, and the "crunchy" feeling they make when they move does feel more lubricated. It doesn't go away, but it feels like it's crunching in oil instead of being dry. This is something you can physically feel by placing your hand on my knee itself as I flex it, and that's without any resistance (sitting down and just extending my leg). I've never had a problem with my emotions while I have been on it. Maybe a bit more horny and kinky, but that's about it. I've asked my gf if she's ever noticed anything, and I'm especially careful because I'm a stay at home dad of a 4 year old since I'm on disability.

hey, everyone. Obviously been a while since I updated, but I thought I'd check in and let you know how things are going.
    As I mentioned, I was just diagnosed with Ehler's Danlos Syndrome before posting. I've always been open and honest with my doctor about everything I take. I tried weed one summer for pain management and even told her about that. It didn't really work for me, and she's extremely against any sort of pot for what ever the reason, even the vaporizers. Anyway, she's known that I have been on TRT for a while and we get my liver tested a couple of times a year. btw, side note. Milk Thistle is amazing for helping with your liver. I had extremely high toxicity one time I got tested. My friend told me about Milk Thistle and I tried it and in less than 6 weeks, still being on TRT, my levels were back to normal.
    Anyway, I had an interesting thing happen a year ago. Working out one day I started to feel a pain in my chest. I don't lift free weights, but use the machines (another thing with my EDS, stay away from free weights). I went to the hospital and got my chest x-rayed. They said it was fine and probably just pushed too hard at the gym (bull$hit, but what ever. I do very light weight with slow reps). But, a week later, the hospital called me back saying they took another look at my x-rays and that I should see my family doctor as soon as possible. I went to see her, she sent me that day to get more x-rays, then called me back the very next day saying they wanted to get me in for an EKG and a bunch of other tests ASAP. Not telling me anything, but kinda getting the idea of ASAP and heart tests kinda got me a little nervous. Again, they rushed those tests and again, my doctor called and said I needed to get in to see a cardiologist ASAP and made an appointment for me to go to another hospital for the whole works of heart tests. Turns out I also have Congenital Heart Failure. It was a fluke that we found it out as well, and mostly because I changed my protein shake to one that had creatine in it (I didn't know until after the fact, I don't like creatine). That, with the amount of Advil I take regularly made my body retain a LOT of salts and water, which spiked my blood pressure. I kept trying to be positive and tell the doctors that my heart was fine, it was just the Advil and creatine, and that if I stop it, my heart would be fine. The cardiologist said nope, it was definitely Congenital Heart Failure brought on by my EDS. One of the biggest things that surprised me though, was they never said anything about my TRT. I have a new cardiologist that is local to me, and sort of specializes in EDS patients with heart issues. When I went in to see him, they asked I bring all my medications with me for him to see. I brought in everything, including Milk Thistle, other vitamins, and my Deca and Test. The only thing he asked was why I take Omega 3-6-9. I said for my joints and he said it was disproved to do anything for my joints and wasn't necessary for me to take.

So, I know, another long read, but I hope informative. Even people with severe health issues can take 'sports supplements', so long as done correctly, and you should always have a family doctor that you can be open and honest with.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Even Arnold has had his share of heart problems. I am very sorry to hear you have had this run of bad luck. I hope you stay positive about everything. This has been a very interesting thread for me to read.

Rrexy is offline Junior Member
    Interesting read.
    Sorry to hear about the new issues.
    Good luck with everything.

thanks. They weren't really new issues though, just things I've had for a long time that were hiding, lol. If I didn't take that protein shake with the creatine and all that Advil and got my chest checked out then they might not have found it until it was a much, much bigger problem.
    My health issues suck, sure. I can't work out as much as I'd like, or get as big as I'd like, but I'm able to still do things with my family. I am on disability so I look at the positive and that it lets me be a stay at home dad to our son. I have to really pound back the pain killers when we go to the zoo or museum, but he's worth it.

your worth it too
    dhonda and mac_angel like this.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_angel View Post
    thanks. They weren't really new issues though, just things I've had for a long time that were hiding, lol. If I didn't take that protein shake with the creatine and all that Advil and got my chest checked out then they might not have found it until it was a much, much bigger problem.
    My health issues suck, sure. I can't work out as much as I'd like, or get as big as I'd like, but I'm able to still do things with my family. I am on disability so I look at the positive and that it lets me be a stay at home dad to our son. I have to really pound back the pain killers when we go to the zoo or museum, but he's worth it.
    I feel your pain on the pain killers and walking around/standing for awhile. I struggle with a degenerated disc, which is something that shouldn't happen for a few more decades for me. 15+ minutes of standing at it starts aching, 30+ minutes and I am really feeling it. I have to walk a fine line between getting bigger and putting more weight on my spine.

Anyone read the article floating around facebook (well thats where my wife and i found it) about these diseases such as heart attack and diabetes etc. and the link to root canal procedures?

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zaggahamma View Post
    Anyone read the article floating around facebook (well thats where my wife and i found it) about these diseases such as heart attack and diabetes etc. and the link to root canal procedures?
    Not sure how this relates to the OP question but to answer your question, Yes to heart related issues but no to diabetes. The theory is that bacteria from periodontal infection can enter your bloodstream. Once this occurs, the bacteria accumulate along the blood vessels, causing inflammation, which can make people more vulnerable to heart attacks and stroke.

To prevent this or getting endocarditis from dental work, patients with certain heart conditions receive a single dose of an antibiotic. You receive it about one hour prior to certain dental treatments.

The American Heart Association and American Dental Association now suggest that you receive antibiotics prior to dental treatment only if you have:
    Had bacterial endocarditis before
    A prosthetic (artificial) cardiac valve or prosthetic material used in valve repair
    Cardiac valve disease and have had a cardiac transplant
    Congenital (present at birth) heart disease. This includes only people with the following:
    Unrepaired cyanotic congenital heart disease (including those with devices that relieve symptoms only)
    Completely repaired congenital heart defect with prosthetic material or device during the first six months after the procedure
    Repaired congenital heart disease with defects that remain at or near the site of a prosthetic patch or prosthetic device

sorry if i hijacked

also if the diabetes was a mistake

i should have researched further

Thread Information