RoidGut is offline Member

Question Cycle Duration - experienced members

After reading Ronnie Roland’s post on Slingshot training, I was wondering who here has used this and what is the longest they have run their cycles. Ronnie claims you can keep slingshot training (8 weeks on / 2 weeks off) indefinitely which goes against the conventional time on = time off approach.

I know there are going to be tons of opinions on the subject, what I am really after is comments from experienced members who have run excessively long cycles (18 weeks +) and what their experiences are with it both in terms of gains, and recovery afterwards. What are the long term effects of using AAS for long periods of time that one should be concerned with?

Any thoughts and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    recovering from that is going to be hard. I would recommend that for the average user
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

RoidGut is offline Member
    I consider myself an experienced user as I have 10 cycles under my belt. I am currently trying out the slingshot training and am on my third "mini cycle" (3 times of 8 weeks on / 2 weeks off). My gains have been the best I have ever experienced and after each 2 week off period, my gains kick back up as if starting a new cycle.

I am concerned with the long term effects of being on a cycle for this long or longer

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    thats what im saying. it does work but there is a good chance of not recovering, that's why i wouldn't recommend to the average guy
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have run several long cycles in the past (have gone up to 18weeks on high doses of Primobolan Depot and Sustanon 250, had to renew wardrobe after that one) and recovered from them by using aggressive PCT. I think what really helped me the most was the employment of HCG Pregnyl throughout the cycle.

When you run long cycles in a repeating manner, you take a step towards the inevitable HRT each time.

The fact that you may be running successful PCTs and restart your HTPA each time does not necessarily guarantee this vicious circle to be the infinite case.

You run long cycles for 20 years per se, and let's assume you recover from each cycle, and one day this will eventually stop being the case (there are many real life examples of this on steroid forums, including this one). In other words, your endocrine system will eventually collapse for good.

I stopped running long cycles like I used to a while ago, because frankly I do not want to be on HRT for the rest of my life, not that I completely disagree with peoples reasoning behind it.

I have a feeling now this can be a valuable thread for many forum members, let's keep it going!

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    The Slongshot Training Method is specifically designed for professional bodybuilders who intend to blast and cruise instead of stopping the use of anabolics in order to stimulate natural testosterone production. However, I do feel that there is a lot to be gained from using certain aspects of this approach in the form of maintaining healthy receptors and sensitivity to different hormones and chemicals.

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    I have run several long cycles in the past (have gone up to 18weeks on high doses of Primobolan Depot and Sustanon 250, had to renew wardrobe after that one) and recovered from them by using aggressive PCT. I think what really helped me the most was the employment of HCG Pregnyl throughout the cycle.

When you run long cycles in a repeating manner, you take a step towards the inevitable HRT each time.

The fact that you may be running successful PCTs and restart your HTPA each time does not necessarily guarantee this vicious circle to be the infinite case.

You run long cycles for 20 years per se, and let's assume you recover from each cycle, and one day this will eventually stop being the case (there are many real life examples of this on steroid forums, including this one). In other words, your endocrine system will eventually collapse for good.

I stopped running long cycles like I used to a while ago, because frankly I do not want to be on HRT for the rest of my life, not that I completely disagree with peoples reasoning behind it.

I have a feeling now this can be a valuable thread for many forum members, let's keep it going!
    This is absolutely right. One key factor is the fact that as we age, our hormone-producing organs weaken and become less effective, and we must also be wary of Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome. When we inject excessive amounts of androgen receptor agonistic compounds over a long period of time, regardless of successful PCT protocols, we run the risk of disabling the receptors that respond to androgens in the very first place, rendering compounds such as testosterone completely ineffective.

Thread Information