NHA1829 is offline New Member

Injection Problem?

So I have just started TRT as prescribed, and did my second injection in the left glute two weeks ago. About four days after the injection itself I had a quarter-sized bruise, which has already gone away. There is no swelling, no redness, no subcutaneous lump, and no warmth to the touch.

However I am still experiencing an aching feeling in that area two weeks on, and I'm becoming concerned that there could be an abscess there. Sometimes I even get a bit of tingling down the back of my leg. I did go skiing the week of my second shot, and thought maybe I had done something to my piriformis, but I've never had that problem skiing before.

I have had a third injection that's now a week old (today is the fourth), and it feels just fine. Has this ever happened to you? And if I do see a doctor, how will he determine whether there is an abscess, haematoma, etc.? If it's just by palpatation I'll save my time - I can feel my own ass, thank you.

I sounds like you might have nicked a vein. Do you aspirate before you inject?

I do aspirate , and nothing came out when I did the shot (there wasn't noticeably greater site bleeding either). I might have passed right through the bastard though. Will hitting a blood vessel cause aching two weeks later? It tends to ache most noticeably in the morning, then dies down through the day. Thanks for your reply.

As follow up, my fourth shot was a little odd. I injected it in the side that doesn't have that slight soreness in the morning (which is still happening). The injection site became a little warm (slight elevation - not burning up), and a very slightly pink oval of discoloration appeared. I went to a doctor because I'm paranoid and wanted antibiotics on standby, and he said he couldn't quite tell but it might be the very beginning of cellulitis. So he wrote the script, and told me to watch it a couple days. It has since disappeared, and I'm wondering what it really was, and if it's connected. I know the needle moves more than I'd like while I'm injecting because it's a little hard to reach your ass and hold steady for a few minutes. I take a 2cc shot once a week, glutes only. Is there anything I can do to lessen irritation? Is this a normal part of getting used to pinning yourself?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    what is your trt dose that you are doing 2cc once a week?
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

The compounding pharmacy made a pretty low concentration (150mg/ml), and then I am prescribed a small amount of deca as well (.5cc weekly at 200mg/ml). I do it all in one shot, hence the 2cc shot.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    so your doing 1.5cc of test so 225mg and .5 cc of deca so 100mg per week?
    That pretty high for trt
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

The deca is entirely separate, prescribed to help with joint/tendon issues (I know some people will scream bloody murder on that, but I trust my doctor). As such, I'm getting 225mg/week of medication, and it seems to give me normal bloodwork (albeit at the high end, which is what my doctor's goal was in the first place). I'm still fairly young, but no less than four friends in one week said I might have low testosterone , and I should have it checked. Turned out they were right and I was in the basement on that and my IGF-1 levels. I used to practically fall asleep at my desk every time I had lunch, and was constantly exhausted. I feel so much better now that I have my life back, but God damn do I hate needles.

Thread Information