BlazedGorilla is offline New Member

Hello all! New guy here and lookin for some first cycle advice!

Okay so I was hoping I could get some insight from you vets out their! I'm pretty sure I have my first cycle down. I plan on taking test for 12 weeks at 250-300mg once a week. I would like to add winny 20-40mgs for weeks 7-12 and plan on taking nolva or clomid ( would one be recommended over the other?) about 3 weeks after the 12 week cycles. Any adjustments I should make? I am also looking for insight as to what I should expect as far as how I will feel on this and if people I will see on a daily basis will know im on gear.

-Just one side note. I have done one cycle before this, it was a cycle of anavar 25mgs twice a day by itself for 8 weeks. I was not as informed at the time. I gained about 5 pounds of solid muscle and noticable strength but after I lost some of the strength I gained. No noticable change in body comp.

Age- 23
    Weight- 235lbs
    Height- 5'11 1/2
    B/F%- 18%(hand grip test, not as accurate as could be)
    Years training- About 7
    Last edited by BlazedGorilla; 03-20-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Accidently hit enter

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    On wat?

Also if it matters here are some stats.. Nothing special

Max Bench- 275lbs
    Max Deadlift- 350lbs
    Max Squat- 350lbs
    Max Single Arm Bicep Curl- 55lbs
    Max Laying Tricep Extension- 140lbs

sorry accidently posted the thread before I was done.

boxin23 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazedGorilla View Post
    Also if it matters here are some stats.. Nothing special

Max Bench- 275lbs
    Max Deadlift- 350lbs
    Max Squat- 350lbs
    Max Single Arm Bicep Curl- 55lbs
    Max Laying Tricep Extension- 140lbs
    7 years training and these stats are not good, especially for one who has cycled and weighs 235. I out lift you on every lift and only weigh 160. I would say you need to assess your work outs. What are your goals? You could get way stronger with nothing but hard work outs. I was 122lbs benching 245 natty at 16 years of age. You can do it brother.

122 benching 245 thats pretty insane. I guess 7 years training sounds like a lie, but that has been on and off. My longest break having been about a year. I just got back into this about 3 months ago and have been gaining strength which is my main goal along with toning my body. I have been doing cardio for 3 weeks now 45 minutes before my work outs 4 days a week and plan on getting down to at least 210 before I go on with the cycle. I'd like to get back to where I was previously which was a bit higher for my main lifts. My max bench was 315, I had never maxed on squat or deadlift but I was able to rep 350 6-8 times. When I was able to do this I weighed 207lbs. Any help with the previous questions? Oh and as for me having done a cycle before like I said it was just anavar , no test or anything so although I did gain strength I feel like it was not maximized and I lost a lot, especially since after that is when I fell off for like a year.

War729 is offline Junior Member
    U need to do so much more learning. 250 of test is low. Nolva over clomid. And adding others would be best

Okay thanks for the insight........ Not to be rude but dont ya think that I know I have stuff to learn? Otherwise I wouldnt be here. Now maybe if you said.. 250 of test is low, you should try like ---?. Then maybe that would actually be helpful. Or Instead of adding other would be best you gave a few examples of "others"? I could very well be mistaken.. but the purpose of 250-300mgs was because I am not looking for enormous gains which from what I have read is easily obtained with 500mgs+

boxin23 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazedGorilla View Post
    122 benching 245 thats pretty insane. I guess 7 years training sounds like a lie, but that has been on and off. My longest break having been about a year. I just got back into this about 3 months ago and have been gaining strength which is my main goal along with toning my body. I have been doing cardio for 3 weeks now 45 minutes before my work outs 4 days a week and plan on getting down to at least 210 before I go on with the cycle. I'd like to get back to where I was previously which was a bit higher for my main lifts. My max bench was 315, I had never maxed on squat or deadlift but I was able to rep 350 6-8 times. When I was able to do this I weighed 207lbs. Any help with the previous questions? Oh and as for me having done a cycle before like I said it was just anavar, no test or anything so although I did gain strength I feel like it was not maximized and I lost a lot, especially since after that is when I fell off for like a year.
    yes it was insane.....i held the state record for 20 years, it was broke in 2009, a kid did 260 at 124 lbs. The weight class has changed now.....but i respect his lift either way, now he holds the record.

as far as what i think. I think you are a little too young yet. I know if you get your body fat down to around 12% and get your work outs and diet down....then think about a cycle if you absolutely must do it. That is good advice brother. It will help you getting your self on track and who knows you may see gains and be where you want to and not even need to cycle at all. Good luck.

And 250 is low....do some reading in the stickies man.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    when you're absolutely ready, with the right age and bf%, you can try test e at 400-500mg/wk for 12wks. test alone without the winny may be better for a first real cycle. start pct 2wks after last pin, using both clomid and nolva, not either/or. for 4wks, not 3.

you can read all the protocols in detail in the "cycle for beginners" sticky under Educational subforum.

also, better take a good look at the "diet for bulking" sticky under the Nutritional section.

for training regime, take a look at ronnie's sticky. pay attention to the number of all-out sets per wk per bodypart

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    and do your cardio after weights training, not before.

you want to be fresh, with max strength during weights training. you will be able to lift more and that stimulates the muscles better. when you're dead beat after weights training, start your cardio. with all your glycogen now depleted by the weights training, your cardio will burn fats right away.

Thread Information