Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: anavar hairloss

DamageDealer is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rasc170 View Post
    Instead of making a seperate thread, i'll just ask this here....

If someone were to do a 500 mg of test only cycle and on a form of a dht blocker, how would they lose hair even if they were prone to it? The test isnt being converted to DHT. So I dont see how a test only cycle could be bad for people who are prone to baldness but on a finesteride/duta?
    maybe you didn't know that, but propecia does not completely stop DHT conversion. a 1mg tablet only reduces it by around 70-75%. therefore, it's still possible to lose hair even with the use of finasteride. you're right though, 500mg of test is considered a safe dose by most people. running higher doses of test means higher probability of hairloss

Cards777 is offline New Member
    Slimshady, I really appreciate the feedback as I know from your posts that you've studied this and tried a lot of things. I really want to continue with the Test because I feel much better on it but the rapid hair loss got me worried.

I'm on propecia but am unsure about the dose. Varies widely in what you can buy. What is correct dose?
    What do you think of Duta which is supposed to work better than propecia?
    I've recently read about Saw palmetto being a blocker and wondered if you've taken it?

In the meantime I'll start trying to find those products you mention. Most seem like over the counter. Thanks again for the help here and feedback on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cards777 View Post
    Slimshady, I really appreciate the feedback as I know from your posts that you've studied this and tried a lot of things. I really want to continue with the Test because I feel much better on it but the rapid hair loss got me worried.

I'm on propecia but am unsure about the dose. Varies widely in what you can buy. What is correct dose?
    What do you think of Duta which is supposed to work better than propecia?
    I've recently read about Saw palmetto being a blocker and wondered if you've taken it?

In the meantime I'll start trying to find those products you mention. Most seem like over the counter. Thanks again for the help here and feedback on this.
    correct dose of propecia is 1mg per day. and stay away from dutasteride

slimshady01 is offline Senior Member
    Duta is to strong and blocks a different form of DHT that is needed by your brain.

1mg is the standard dose though i have read studies that a .25 dose blocked the same amount as 1mg with less sides.

I went the natural route because Propecia really messed with my hormones. My estrogen was 4 times as high on it every time i had blood taken.

This looks pretty promising

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...143906562.html

If they can sure baldness within 5 years that would be awesome!! Now i just need to keep what i got until then.

rasc170 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DamageDealer View Post
    maybe you didn't know that, but propecia does not completely stop DHT conversion. a 1mg tablet only reduces it by around 70-75%. therefore, it's still possible to lose hair even with the use of finasteride. you're right though, 500mg of test is considered a safe dose by most people. running higher doses of test means higher probability of hairloss
    My blood dht levels were 6 ng/pl last time i had bloodwork done. So theoretically If i do the mentioned 500 mg/weekly test only cycle and can keep my blood dht levels 6 ng/pl then there should be no zero effect on my hair correct?

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    uhhh not if you took bloods while off cycle, you are injecting 500mg of exo test into your body. Your body will convert some of that to DHT so your DHT will go up. By how much you would have to get a blood test on the tail end of your cycle or even afterwards.

My blood dht levels were 6 ng/pl last time i had bloodwork done. So theoretically If i do the mentioned 500 mg/weekly test only cycle and can keep my blood dht levels 6 ng/pl then there should be no zero effect on my hair correct?
    Hair loss is tricky, DHT is just one of the things that can cause hairloss. Ive seen people with low DHT blood labs yet still lost their hair. Science doesnt fully understand it but they are getting closer.

Bottom line is you need to try your test cycle and go from there. If you see lots of shedding then cycling may not be for you.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    DHT is not the only hormone that can cause MPB. Any androgen will as well, most just to a lesser degree.

sleepingz is offline Junior Member
    well i brought up finestride for the protection not with taking a substance like anavar in mind, butmore so for talking test, because the OP was only really looking at var for its so called safeness with hairloss, if i read it right,

so to me if your going o do it, do it right, PROBABLY safer to do test and finestride that wy you would have good protection and would really reap the benefits as pose to just taking var

Vargas1315 is offline Junior Member
    Jus get on test and propecia I was shedding alot before I started propecia now I harly see one hair and im prone to mpb so propecia is good stuff havnt had any sides at all and my,sex drive is up the roof

Quote Originally Posted by Vargas1315
    Jus get on test and propecia I was shedding alot before I started propecia now I harly see one hair and im prone to mpb so propecia is good stuff havnt had any sides at all and my,sex drive is up the roof
    That's good stuff Vargas! How old are you and how long you been on propecia?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte

DHT is not the only hormone that can cause MPB. Any androgen will as well, most just to a lesser degree.
    Exactly look at tren !

Quote Originally Posted by slimshady01 View Post
    Exactly look at tren!
    hey slimshady, i myself am interested in tren 's effect on hair. how does tren actually make you lose hair? any way to prevent the hair loss on tren? i know people who have lost half of their hair on tren, while others didn't even notice a single hair falling out. i know it's down to genetics, but there's gotta be something we can do, right?

rawpower is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas1315 View Post
    rly thats great to hear.

ive always been nervous bout propecia i heard from some people that it makes you lose hair at first is that true? also ive been reading some post so is it rly safer to run mild dose test with propecia then to run a oral cycle without test n without propecia?

also slimshady01 how did you usually run propecia do you preload it an then stop after pct?

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rawpower View Post
    ive always been nervous bout propecia i heard from some people that it makes you lose hair at first is that true? also ive been reading some post so is it rly safer to run mild dose test with propecia then to run a oral cycle without test n without propecia?
    sometimes you will having a shedding after a month or so but your hair will grow back thicker than before w/ propecia. It takes a few months to work though. Sometimes up to a year or longer. Side effect's are reports only 2% of people w/ propecia and the ones who report are the one who have sides and CONTINUE to take propecia. Idiots. Take propecia if you have MPB and if you get sexual sides then stop. If not it is a great drug at reducing hairloss.

Quote Originally Posted by DamageDealer
    hey slimshady, i myself am interested in tren 's effect on hair. how does tren actually make you lose hair? any way to prevent the hair loss on tren? i know people who have lost half of their hair on tren, while others didn't even notice a single hair falling out. i know it's down to genetics, but there's gotta be something we can do, right?
    Tren is a potent androgen , 5 times stronger then test. It attaches to hair follicles which causes hairloss but I have yet to see anything out there to stop it if you are prone.

If I try tren It will be 200mg a week to see how I react. I will also use nizoral , spiro and emu oil to try and stop the hard androgen effect locally .

Quote Originally Posted by Brohim

sometimes you will having a shedding after a month or so but your hair will grow back thicker than before w/ propecia. It takes a few months to work though. Sometimes up to a year or longer. Side effect's are reports only 2% of people w/ propecia and the ones who report are the one who have sides and CONTINUE to take propecia. Idiots. Take propecia if you have MPB and if you get sexual sides then stop. If not it is a great drug at reducing hairloss.
    Propecia actually lowers dht right away but you won't see any hair growth effects for months because of the long hair growth cycle. So it doesn't mean it's not helping if you started a 500mg test cycle with propecia on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by rawpower
    also slimshady01 how did you usually run propecia do you preload it an then stop after pct?
    I don't run propecia anymore because of sides but when I did use it I did the 1mg a day.

I have it on hand if things get ugly

Quote Originally Posted by slimshady01 View Post
    Tren is a potent androgen , 5 times stronger then test. It attaches to hair follicles which causes hairloss but I have yet to see anything out there to stop it if you are prone.

If I try tren It will be 200mg a week to see how I react. I will also use nizoral , spiro and emu oil to try and stop the hard androgen effect locally .
    i guess, you're going with tren acetate then, right (so that it's out of the system quickly if you decide to stop due to complications)? anyway, be sure to post here about your tren progress if you decide to do it.

one more question about propecia: so basically with a short ester like propionate , you can use fina on the next day after first prop injection or you wait a couple of days to see if you get any hair loss and THEN start using propecia?

Quote Originally Posted by DamageDealer
    i guess, you're going with tren acetate then, right (so that it's out of the system quickly if you decide to stop due to complications)? anyway, be sure to post here about your tren progress if you decide to do it.

one more question about propecia: so basically with a short ester like propionate, you can use fina on the next day after first prop injection or you wait a couple of days to see if you get any hair loss and THEN start using propecia?
    I'm going tren enth because I don't like pinning Ed or eod. If it causes a bad shed I'll stop and just deal with it a little longer vs ace.

As far as fina dosing just start taking when you start your cycle to be safe. If you want you can see how you do without it and jump on ASAP if you start to lose.

siestaplum is offline New Member

How can Anavar be easy on hair? ...

OK I've genuinely scoured the internet and there is no concrete answer on this!!

Please reply only if you understand it.

I accept that it is easy on your hair line, which seems to be the genuine consensus ... but it is a DHT derivative, so how is this possible? Other DHT derivatives seem to be a no no?

I want to be sure before I bosh the 200 tabs I've just bought~!!

Thanks.

keev900 is offline New Member
    boy ive taken tren before and it shed my hair a bit , a-drol began to shed my hair as well. tren e 500-600 mgs did the trick , also i was using nizoral and rogaine , but that wouldnt protect ya head from tren . tren e kept on shedding my scalp even after a couple of weeks - month , after pct ,which is common with a long ester . luckily my hair has grown back , not fully , but just right . debating on taking a test p , var , and eq cycle . Just dont know if i should risk it . Would consider combating the hair loss affect with , nixion , dust ; and rogaine .

urapunk is offline New Member
    can someone make a list of natural supplements that prevent hairloss. shampoos, oils, etc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information