ohigetit is offline Junior Member

First cutting cycle

Hey guys getting ready for my first cutting cycle and wanted to get opinions about it. My stats are 6'0"
    205 lbs
    Around 18% bf
    Been hitting weights for around 10 years seriously for 4 years

I wanna do an anavar and Clen cycle as follows
    Anavar 20/30/30/40/50/40 ED
    Clen week 1-2 20mcg ED week 5-6 40mcg ED
    Aromasin weeks 1-6 5mg ED week 7 5mg EOD
    Clomid weeks 7-9 50mg ED

Opinions?

fukngruvn is offline Associate Member
    this is not laid out well.. can you please provide your age first?

28 yrs old. Sorry I forgot to add age. Also maybe unrelated but I started heavy cardio in sept last year with long distance running. Dropped 30 lbs in 2 1/2 months running 15-20 miles a week. I hit a wall and weight loss stopped around mid jan.
    Last edited by ohigetit; 04-03-2012 at 12:46 PM.

cebby1985 is offline Associate Member
    At 18% bf a food scale is your best bet. figure tdee, cut at 500-800 cal per day deficit and hit your macros.. 40/40/20 is a great start and sdjust from there

fukngruvn is offline Associate Member
    Anavar : no need to taper up or down. 60-80mg ED is common. It's unlikely that anavar will shut you down, but it can lower your natural testosterone production. Most ppl on here would probably recommend taking it with some test. I have done an anavar only cycle, it was fine, i felt fine and recovered ok, but certainly was not blown away with the results!

Clen : unlikely 20 mcg will be enough. start with 20 first day, and up the dose by 20 each day until the sides become too much, or you reach 120/day.

Aromasin : an AI is not necessary, anavar does not convert to estrogen.

pct: although a light cycle, if you were to do this, i would still recommend both clomid and nolva. 50 clomid, 20 nolva ED 2 weeks... maybe 3

Ok. As of right now I'm running around 1600 calories a day and about 200g protein. Not completely sure about the fat, less than 8 grams of sugar, and a single serving of bread. Been living on boiled eggs, chicken, tuna, and veggies for a bit now but seems like the heavier the weights the more my appetite is going up

Therrs more to dieting and cutting than protein or bread etc. Sugar is a carb btw. But your macros are carbs fats and proteins snd they make or break your diet. Spend dome time in the diet section furst cuz believe me when i say a cutting cycle wont cut you w a poor diet. Even if you eat "clean" you can still eat over your maintenance and wil be coubter productive. Im no 8% bf but ive dieted diwn about 60lbs or more and learned real quick

I can do that. Will hit the diet section after work. I just can't figure out why the weight loss just stopped even though I have kept my calories between 16-1900. I know some is due to lifting but I have a bit of a spare tire I just can't seem to shake. Arms, legs, face, chest went with no problems but not the love handles

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Everyone has a bad spot.

Well if you were 20lbs heavier and are eating the same now as you were then, youd have to lower cals to keep up w the sane pace of weight loss. Calories are a unit of energy and the less you weigh the less energy it takes to move your body through out the day therefore requiring lesser calorie intake to burn off fat, given your macros are correct to preserve muscle.

At the same time, your metabolism adjusts to extreme calorie deficit to avoid starvation at all costs slowing or halting fat loss

Quote Originally Posted by songdog
    Everyone has a bad spot.

????

So I have my TDEE and my BMR now. The only question I have now is can I drop the anavar for now and just do a clen cycle and nail my diet down? And if I do should I do a four week on or two on two off?

Yea dude, drop everything for now and have confidence in your diet. i think once you really get your diet down and see the results youll be amazed, and i think its beter in the long run for you to learn how to make adjustments. Clen is only a supplemem, it doesnt do miracles.

Ok. Did the math an looks like a 2400 cal diet. Gonna do my 40/50/20 breakdown in a bit and see what I come up with. Thanks for the help guys. Think if I can drop about 20 more then I may be ready to cycle

Hope you mean 40/40/20. those are % of your diet so they have to equal 100%

Oh and give it about 3 wks until you change anything. Remember that sometimes the scale isnt always the best indicator of progress so takes pics and measurements and track strength gains or losses to get a better total result rather than solely relying on the scale.

Update: so I got myfitnesspal on my phone which automatically breaks down my macros and gives me a daily % breakdown. I have my numbers and I'm running an 1810 cal diet completely clean. I talked to a guy at work who is a competitive body builder about my diet and he gave me some clen and told me to take 20 mcg a day for two weeks and it will boost my metabolism and help with the fat burning. After I get my BF down to around 12-14 he is gonna set me up with a proper cycle to see some nice gains. Thanks everyone for helping me find the right direction. Can't hope for abs by June but maybe by next year

Thread Information