SneakerSeven is offline Junior Member

Silly injection question

Having never injected before and reading over threads for hours, a silly though occurred to me. I'm assuming most people inject their glutes while standing up. Wouldn't your butt be a little flexed if this is the case? Or hopefully not shift your weight by accident, which could cause problems while injecting?

It made me think, can you do this by sitting down? Leaning forward a little bit so the right area is exposed. This removes the possibility of moving, and even allows you to keep the skin a little taut without using your other hand.

Good or bad idea? Would it not be good for circulating the oil?

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    never tried it sitting down but I have a hard time standing there reaching around and a-lot of the time I get cramps in the process so I have layed on my side to do it. Now I just say F glutes and go every where else
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Lift Chief is offline Member
    Actually just lean up against a wall bro and put most of your weight onto the foot of the glute into which you're not injecting, that way the glute you are using won't be flexed.

Don't worry about it- you don't even really feel it.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I find that if you sit on the toilet sideways, with the side of the glute that you are going to stick, it works beautifully. I don't have to reach around, while standing, and so much easier to get to the glute IMO. Remember there are other injection sites. check out www.spotinjections.com for more info on the other sites. Happy sticking!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Why dont you just make quad or delt injections? I will never try doing a glute.

Sicilian's idea sounds good... yeah, I know there's other sites, but being a newbie to the whole thing and from all I've read it sounded like glutes are the safest bet (less nerves, vessels). I can reach fine, I'm flexible like that, it was just the flexing thing that made me wonder.

sweet is offline Associate Member
    I lie on my left side and inject with my right hand in the right glute ( or left-left). If you are somewhat flexable you can even reach around with the other hand and pull the skin for a z track to help with leakage.

Slypknot is offline Member
    Originally posted by SneakerSeven
    Sicilian's idea sounds good... yeah, I know there's other sites, but being a newbie to the whole thing and from all I've read it sounded like glutes are the safest bet (less nerves, vessels). I can reach fine, I'm flexible like that, it was just the flexing thing that made me wonder.
    Actually bro I'm thinking quads are the safest/easiest... I've had MORE probs with glutes as I bet most other bro's will agree with. Just try twisting around and aspirating with one hand while keeping the pin still inside of you! That alone is enough to sway most to hitting quads!

Lift Chief is offline Member
    Glutes are much less painful than quads. It's very simple to master the one handed aspiration technique... i had it down by the 2nd glute shot.

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    I hate glute shots ever since I started doing quad shots. Delts are my favorite now. Just started doing them last Friday

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    i think glutes are the safest site for a newbie. Spot injections should be left to the advanced, i think. I think the glute is a good site b/c of the lack of nerves in that area, and few blood vessels. When i inject into my glute i never even aspirated.
    But now that i have been around for a while, i only do spot injections. The only reason is because on my second cycle, i only shot in my glute and ended up getting a HUGE ass! Huge meaning strong! I would much rather spread the oil up throughout my bod. Now, i love delts, tris, bis, quads, calves, and have done pecs but didnt care for that too much.

blakyr is offline Associate Member
    I am more comfortable doing a one-handed Delt injection bymyslef then doing a glut shot. The one time i did it, i did end up flexing a muscle and it cramped up on me. Scary, so now i just avoid it. Plus if you are injecting something with a high ba like sust, you will cringe everytime you go to sit down for two days (at least i did).... I would say stick with something else fairly safe.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Hips work best for me . . .
    I'll sit on the commode after a shower, put my hand on my hip, and go right in where my pinky points. From the "V" right wher the thumb and index finger meet, it's usually 2" down and 2" forward.
    Shooting on the left side, insert the pin with the right hand (I hold it steady against the thigh), aspirate (pull the plunger back a bit to check for a vein) with the left, and inject with the left.
    Switch everything for the other side, of course . . . works every time. Pull the pin out, massage the hole with a cotton ball soaked with alcohol, and all will be well . . .
    Got this idea (shooting from the hand's "V" on the hip) from another contributor on this board . . . was an excellent idea, works great.

raoul3 is offline Associate Member
    For the glute shot (standing up), you need to point your toes inward to prevent the glutes from flexing. That's a hint from my friend who's a nurse.

^ wow, that actually works pretty good... nice little trick

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm a newbie, I have always injected in the glutes with NO pain, NO problem. My buddy injected me in both thighs and I could barely walk for days. I would also suggest if your new do your glutes.

Thread Information