wood is offline Associate Member

Injury and cycle to help

This is for one of my buddies. He had shoulder surgery almost a year ago. He had torn one of his ligaments in half and the ligaments behind his shoulders were oose and the Dr. tightened them and repaired the torn one. If her took winny and a little test would this stack do him good or bad from the stand piont of his ligaments. Would it make his ligaments tight were he might tear them easier or could it posiibly helpwith his sit. Any help welcome

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    one year to recover from a serious injury like ligament/tendon damage is not enough in my opinion...winny is extremely hard on the joints, so i wouldn't think of taking it unless it was used in conjunction with deca .

i would tell him to train and find out what he can/can't do with shoulders as heavy presses like military, shoulder, and arnolds can really do a number on that connective tissue especially if he has already had reconstructive surgery.

my advice is to look into other alternatives at this junction...

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I think it is a bad idea. Even if you are healthy, when you juice and gain a lot of strength, your muscles grow faster than your tendons/ligaments. (If this is a rumor, or isnt true, let me know, but it sounds reasonable to me.) This is a reason for tendonitis, and more pulled muscles in people who juice.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    First off you need to differentiate between tendon and ligament injuries, they are two separate evils.

First issue you need to answer: did he have surgery because of impingement, dislocation(s), subluxation(s), arthritis, etc, etc.

2nd question: Did he have a Bankart procedure, Rotator cuff repair, and was the surgery open or arthroscopic?

Assuming a surgery was successful and rehab was done properly and for the correct length of time there is no reason that your friend shouldn't be able to workout with or without AS. So long as he uses proper form and does exercises that don't aggravate his shoulder.

I would rule out dips and anything behind the head.

wood is offline Associate Member
    thanks guys.

Thread Information