Justin332 is offline Associate Member

Test E and Tren E, not gaining weight.

Hey guys, I'll make this as short and sweet as possible.

Height: 6'0
    Weight: 217 (as of today)
    BF: 10.9% (as of today)

I am four weeks into the cycle of 500mg/wk test E and 400mg/wk tren e. I feel the tren is legit because I'm waking up with night sweats pretty much every night but sleep hasn't been all that difficult.

When I started the cycle, I was 210 lbs, 12.4% bf. As you can see, I'm not exactly EXPLODING although I do look a lot more ripped.

I'm eating exactly 3000 calories a day (Have a calorie tracking app) with about a 45% protein, 40% carbs, 15% fats split.

I have a trainer who works my ass off and muscles are consistently sore. Strength is through the roof.

Would you say I'm just being inpatient for results? I know it's kind of early but I thought I'd be around 225 by now.

All thoughts are greatly appreciated.

phoenix44 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin332
    Hey guys, I'll make this as short and sweet as possible.

Height: 6'0
    Weight: 217 (as of today)
    BF: 10.9% (as of today)

I am four weeks into the cycle of 500mg/wk test E and 400mg/wk tren e. I feel the tren is legit because I'm waking up with night sweats pretty much every night but sleep hasn't been all that difficult.

When I started the cycle, I was 210 lbs, 12.4% bf. As you can see, I'm not exactly EXPLODING although I do look a lot more ripped.

I'm eating exactly 3000 calories a day (Have a calorie tracking app) with about a 45% protein, 40% carbs, 15% fats split.

I have a trainer who works my ass off and muscles are consistently sore. Strength is through the roof.

Would you say I'm just being inpatient for results? I know it's kind of early but I thought I'd be around 225 by now.

All thoughts are greatly appreciated.
    Lol dude its been 4 weeks and according to your stats posted you down 1.5% body fat and up 7 pounds I think your doing alright give it time.

As far as your diet what is your TDEE? Are you trying to bulk or cut?

manonfire is offline Junior Member
    I would like to have those gains in a month.. what are your goals

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Justin332, both compounds have long esters which is why it typically takes about 4-6 weeks for most users to feel them ''kick-in'' for real.

Do not worry, you are about to enter the state where you will start experiencing visible gains in both muscle and strength.

You should have kick-started your long-estered cycle with either an oral or a short-estered injectable such as Test Prop if you had such a rush for visible gains in muscle and strength...

OK guys, that makes me feel better. My goal is to be about 225 and about 9% bf.

Do you guys think my calorie intake is good at 3000? I literally his within 2900-3100 every single day. brown rice, sweet potatoes, lean proteins.

resudior12 is offline New Member
    Justin,
    I'm currently on the 9th week finishing on Tren E and Test E... I too dropped body fat but I didn't gain a drastic smooth of weight but my strength gains are unbelievable. I don't think you're going to get drastic weight gains on Tren E

Quote Originally Posted by resudior12 View Post
    Justin,
    I'm currently on the 9th week finishing on Tren E and Test E... I too dropped body fat but I didn't gain a drastic smooth of weight but my strength gains are unbelievable. I don't think you're going to get drastic weight gains on Tren E
    It all depends on certain variables such as dosing protocol, diet and supplementation, training regimen, recovery and of course genetic inheritance.

You said you are on the 9th week and finishing? So, I am assuming your proposed cycle is a 10 week Test E and Tren E cycle? I won't even ask you about your diet, training and dosing protocol... A long estered cycle will not yield expected results in under 12 weeks, especially if it was not kick-started for the first 4-6 weeks of it.

A 10 week Tren E & Test E cycle is pretty useless... We would be sitting and talking about your crazy lean gains if this was a Tren A & Test Prop cycle, for instance.
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 04-09-2012 at 11:04 AM.

So Justin, a golden rule in steroid forums is that you listen to the knowledgeable and experienced.

Be aware you will be disappointed if you run a Test E & Tren E cycle for less than 12 weeks, especially if it was not kick-started, and in your case, it was not.

You can easily put on weight that comes from lean muscle tissue running a 500mg/wk test E and 400mg/wk tren e if your training is hard and your diet is spot on, serving your purpose/goal. Make sure you are managing estrogen well and doing everything right, such as not finishing your cycle at week 10, for instance.

Good luck.

binsser is offline Senior Member
    Eatttttttt eat eat eat and eat some more and we ll see the thread go into fck me this is a good cycle lololol diet is key!!!;-)

Is 3000 calories not enough? I feel that's quite a bit but could up it to 3500.

Turkish Juicer, I really appreciate the feedback and definitely respect those that have more knowledge. Although, I must say I'm slightly confused. Other experts on my thread that showed my cycle http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...=#.T4M***GPUrU

told me to not run tren e longer than 8 weeks, which is why my cycle was 8 weeks tren e and 10 with test e. You disagree? Should I go 10 tren 12 test?

phoenix44 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer

It all depends on certain variables such as dosing protocol, diet and supplementation, training regimen, recovery and of course genetic inheritance.

You said you are on the 9th week and finishing? So, I am assuming your proposed cycle is a 10 week Test E and Tren E cycle? I won't even ask you about your diet, training and dosing protocol... A long estered cycle will not yield expected results in under 12 weeks, especially if it was not kick-started for the first 4-6 weeks of it.

A 10 week Tren E & Test E cycle is pretty useless... We would be sitting and talking about your crazy lean gains if this was a Tren A & Test Prop cycle, for instance.
    I disagree there is nothing wrong with a 10 week cycle. You do understand that after the last shot the long esters don't leave your body so you still have a surplus in your system for around 2 weeks. Thus there isn't really much difference between the cycles. Other than one kicks in faster and one lasts longer. and a slight difference because of the weight of the esters.
    The diet is going to be 80% of your gains or potential of gains.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix44 View Post
    I disagree there is nothing wrong with a 10 week cycle. You do understand that after the last shot the long esters don't leave your body so you still have a surplus in your system for around 2 weeks. Thus there isn't really much difference between the cycles. Other than one kicks in faster and one lasts longer. and a slight difference because of the weight of the esters.
    The diet is going to be 80% of your gains or potential of gains.
    phoenix44, I completely agree with the diet determining 80% of your gains or potential of gains, which is a variable I listed along with training regimen, rest/recovery and etc. AAS drastically increases protein synthesis and one should take advantage of this by significantly increasing his daily protein intake while cycling besides other adjustments in diet as we all know.

We don't have to necessarily agree upon long estered cycles being run for 12 weeks or long for IDEAL results either.

If you read the thread carefully though, neither cycles were kick started and he is already complaining about not seeing visible gains in weight and strength 4 weeks into this cycle. This takes us back to the beginning. Why? Because the long esters have not fully kicked in yet, however, they will in about a week or two. Then this leaves for about another 4 weeks for the cycle to be run and it's over. Simple arithmetic here: 10 week cycle and next to nothing for the first 5-6 weeks. As a forum member who has run about 8 long cycles before (longest being 16 weeks), I beg the question again: What is the point of doing this when the same person could have run Test Prop and Tren A instead, with less risks and greater benefits within the same or even a shorter time frame?

... and for your body having a surplus in your system with long-estered compounds, it may not be how it looks on the paper. A compound with a biological life of 14 days per se will not continue to yield significant results passed due its biological half life, so the surplus is not really going to last for 2 weeks, more like 4-7 days in reality, depending on the particular compound. In the end, one will have to wait for 2 weeks for PCT, however, this not being the case for short estered compounds either.

Deca , Primo, Tren E, Sustanon , Test E, Test Cyp ... these are the right choices for long cycles, no matter how much we try to shift the perspective on it.
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 04-09-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    1) Your drugs are just now kicking in.
    2) You're running Tren , which will generally cause a decrease in BF unless you stuff your face.
    3) 3000 cals is not nearly enough for a guy your size on Tren. That's my maintenance, and I'm a good bit smaller than you.
    Try at least 4000 cals daily.

Turkish what do you think of the calorie intake at 3000 cals?

also, with what you've said, do you think I should go 10 weeks on tren and 12 on test. Would that suffice?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Justin332 View Post
    Turkish what do you think of the calorie intake at 3000 cals?

also, with what you've said, do you think I should go 10 weeks on tren and 12 on test. Would that suffice?
    Well, you said you are using an application to determine your TDEE, right? I can only estimate your daily intake of cals and macros by looking at your current stats but that does not mean I am going to beat the genius TDEE software, lol.

Rule of thumb while cycling with strong compounds like you do is that you can drastically increase your daily intake of anabolic protein and you will continue to grow; that is, your body will keep on adding lean muscle tissue... This is a phenomenon that does not come to life when you are natural, there is only that much protein one's liver can synthesize in a given time frame. If you want to get big like a power lifter, what the hell, up the carbs and the fat too, stuff your face at every meal. But if you want to maintain your BF at single digits, you will pretty much have to go very high pro, moderate carbs and fats. Again, this is a typical generalization about dieting, maybe you have an extremely fast metabolic rate that also happens to respond very well to carbs, so it becomes a different story as for the diet at that moment.

As for the cycle, you could go 10 weeks on Tren and 12 weeks on Test. I don't know about your cycle history nor do I know how your body responds to Test at particular doses, but you can also try to up the Test to 750mg at about week 6 or 7 and continue your cycle. This is one of many tactics to push for more growth while cycling and -to make the long conv. short- it has to do with androgen receptors and sensitivity. This also means you will have to deal with elevated estrogen levels and greater levels of aromatization which will require necessary adjustments with the AI, which I am hoping you already have one under your hand.
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 04-09-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    Well, you said you are using an application to determine your TDEE, right? I can only estimate your daily intake of cals and macros by looking at your current stats but that does not mean I am going to beat the genius TDEE software, lol.

Rule of thumb while cycling with strong compounds like you do is that you can drastically increase your daily intake of anabolic protein and you will continue to grow; that is, your body will keep on adding lean muscle tissue... This is a phenomenon that does not come to life when you are natural, there is only that much protein one's liver can synthesize in a given time frame. If you want to get big like a power lifter, what the hell, up the carbs and the fat too, stuff your face at every meal. But if you want to maintain your BF at single digits, you will pretty much have to go very high pro, moderate carbs and fats. Again, this is a typical generalization about dieting, maybe you have an extremely fast metabolic rate that also happens to respond very well to carbs, so it becomes a different story as for the diet at that moment.

As for the cycle, you could go 10 weeks on Tren and 12 weeks on Test. I don't know about your cycle history nor do I know how your body responds to Test at particular doses, but you can also try to up the Test to 750mg at about week 6 or 7 and continue your cycle. This is one of many tactics to push for more growth while cycling and -to make the long conv. short- it has to do with androgen receptors and sensitivity. This also means you will have to deal with elevated estrogen levels and greater levels of aromatization which will require necessary adjustments with the AI, which I am hoping you already have one under your hand.
    Awesome post man, thanks. I will try to up the test and go from there. According to my calorie counting app (lol), I'm at about 45% proteins and ingesting almost 300 grams daily. I will probably up the tren to 10 weeks and the test to 12.

Thanks for all the help. Really appreciate it.

binsser is offline Senior Member
    10 tren / test 12 is fine i run on 8-10 week cycles now as its safe for sides up your intake to 4000 if you want to bulk abit or up it 500 clean and lean out but everything else sounds mint mate have a good time lol (hope you have an ai while on and hcg mate tren not the best when it comes to sides;-))))

I really havne't experienced much sides, but I've been running hcg at 500iu/weekly as well as a-dex at .25mg/day

Hey guys just wanted to give a quickl update on my cycle and see if I need to adjust calorie intake.

I'm currently 219 lbs and 10% bf in week five.
    I started at %13.4 bf and 210 lbs.

Phenomenal results so far. Minimal sides with hcg , prami and Arimidex .

Question is, I was 219 and about 10.4% bf a week ago. Should I up my caloric intake to about 4000?

Thanks in advance.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin332 View Post
    Is 3000 calories not enough? I feel that's quite a bit but could up it to 3500.

Turkish Juicer, I really appreciate the feedback and definitely respect those that have more knowledge. Although, I must say I'm slightly confused. Other experts on my thread that showed my cycle http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...=#.T4M***GPUrU

told me to not run tren e longer than 8 weeks, which is why my cycle was 8 weeks tren e and 10 with test e. You disagree? Should I go 10 tren 12 test?
    1 person i never seen said that and all the mods or knowledgeable members disagreed with it.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Disagreed with what?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    about running it for 8 weeks,
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Thread Information