Detlions is offline Junior Member

Self station BP machine accurate?

They have oneat the gym, after my work and quick shower 10 mins I jumped on. It read
    143/89 BPS= 98

How long does it take your your body to relax after a solid work out/ Cardio?
    I am going to the drug store later and using their self machine ( non workout day )

1000_DaysAsTheLion is offline Junior Member
    my arms are too big for them. i think i remember trying to use one and then reading something about how it wouldnt be accurate if your arms were too big/small.

bodybuilder problems.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Each cuff has an ideal range. If your arm is too big/too small, the reading can be wildly inaccurate. This applies to automatic as well as manual cuffs.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    If your arm is over 14 inches the results will not be accurate, I use those machines like a novelty, kinda like reading your horoscope...lol. I've had those machines give me results like 155/110, then the very next day at the doctor it will read 115/80

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000_DaysAsTheLion View Post
    my arms are too big for them. i think i remember trying to use one and then reading something about how it wouldnt be accurate if your arms were too big/small.

bodybuilder problems.
    Your right. The cuff makes a huge difference in the readings. You need a large cuff most likely if your a bodybuilder.

Detlions is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    If your arm is over 14 inches the results will not be accurate, I use those machines like a novelty, kinda like reading your horoscope...lol. I've had those machines give me results like 155/110, then the very next day at the doctor it will read 115/80
    That is what my doc said.
    My arms are 15-16 inches, they barely get in the machine and maybe that's why it takes forever to get a reading?

V-ROID is offline Member
    Yah and plenty of large cuffs out there because fat arms are the main ones buying BP machines. $8-10 at Wally.

Thread Information