Babyslim is offline Junior Member

25 years old, on TRT for natural low T

Hello to everyone, first time poster.

About me: 5' 11'' 160lbs
    I just turned 25 and have had low test since my early teens, all the men in my family likely have low T also. I considered steroid use when I was younger, but thanks to reading posts on this forum I decided to wait. I was patient and waited to see if things would work out naturally, they didn't. I have slowly declining sex drive, harder to get/softer erections. Treated for insomnia and depression. Treated for ADD. The worst part of course is my body. I retain all my fat on my lower belly and butt. Even when supported by as much sleep as possible, good diet, and good training my time in the gym BLOWS. For example if I curl my max for 4 sets of 5 (around 50lbs) after 5-7 days of rest I cant curl the same 50lbs a single set of 3, full recovery takes about 3 weeks.

Went to the doc a month ago about low test, I fell in the bottom ranges for total test - 290, free test - .9, and my DECA - 202. A few days ago I started TRT, 200mg testosterone cypionate bi-weekly. We will test my levels again in 4 months. He provided me a prescription for a 2000mg vile of test cyp for every month, so I will have two extra bottles. I already notice a HUGE difference in my sleep. I sleep like a brick and wake up feeling great! For now I plan on sticking to the treatment the doctor has prescribed me. I'm hopeful that my time in the gym will yield gains if I'm at normal levels(around 700).

My question:
    I still need to build a foundation since I was never able to gain muscle. If I were to run some mild cycles in the future it seems that my cycle would be different then most, since I need to be on TRT. Are there any good resources for my situation. I'm looking for information to educate myself, i'm not ready to jump into a cycle. Depending if I'm able to see gains or not, this may still be a few years down the road for me. Also any input on my situation in general would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    there is a trt section of the board with lots of good information about your situation.
    The term most people use is called a "blast" when they are on trt and then jump on cycle.
    Yes most of the same rules apply about cycling. The only main thing is you will not do a pct and just go back to your normal trt dose.
    Last edited by gixxerboy1; 04-15-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: spelling
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Babyslim is offline Junior Member
    Awesome, thanks Gixxer. I'll migrate over that way...

Thread Information