srt4wad is offline Associate Member

Question on aspirate?

I have aspirated each time I have pinned and have not seen any blood but I do have a couple of questions about aspirate .

It seem very hard to pull the plunger is this normal?
    My second pin when aspirate a little bubble came up, normal?
    This morning I aspirated and did not see nothing but when I pulled out needle there was a little blood on the tip. Could that just be from pulling it out? A little blood came out of pin site but nothing major I wipped it down and nothing more came out.

I am also pinning in the rectus femoris is that ok? I feel better pinning there or should I pin the lateralis?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    when you pull back on the plunger it should be a little firm. There is technically a vacuum.
    Your not seeing air bubbles its a void. There is nothing there. You can suck in air from inside you.
    there may be blood on the tip or the site may bleed after. That is fine. You may go threw a vein and thats the blood. Thats fine. You just dont want to inject into one.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1;59***30
    when you pull back on the plunger it should be a little firm. There is technically a vacuum.
    Your not seeing air bubbles its a void. There is nothing there. You can suck in air from inside you.
    there may be blood on the tip or the site may bleed after. That is fine. You may go threw a vein and thats the blood. Thats fine. You just dont want to inject into one.
    Qusestion for line in red.
    I don't want to sound dumb and maybe I will but is that still a sign to pin there or try somewhere else? Please forgive just try to gain some knowledge.

And thanks for the quick reply.

no if you see what looks like air bubbles that is fine. What i was saying its not really air bubbles its an empty space in the needle. Guess it doesnt matter. Was trying to explain it more specifically. But yes that is where you inject

I get what you are saying now, thanks.

showgun07 is offline New Member
    To be honest with you, i have never apirated and I'm on my 3 cycle. Never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by showgun07;59***89
    To be honest with you, i have never apirated and I'm on my 3 cycle. Never had a problem.
    it takes 2 seconds. I dont know why you would. I've only pulled blood a couple times. Last one was 2 months ago and it was an injection of tren . If i didnt and i injected that would have fvcked me up.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1;59***90
    it takes 2 seconds. I dont know why you would. I've only pulled blood a couple times. Last one was 2 months ago and it was an injection of tren. If i didnt and i injected that would have fvcked me up.
    What would it do?

I still don't aspirate .

If you pull back blood, can you still use that gear? I heard someone say no and no other info on it at all.

All I know is, the money I have spent on all things needed for what I hope is a great first cycle including PCT the extra 2 seconds liked stated above is worth it. Plus, I do my pinning in the morning after a shower and getting ready for work or getting ready for Sat or Sun and I am in not hurry you know what I mean.

I am still nervous and today was my 6th pin, I hope I get over that. I think that is all in my mind I am thinking way to much about the injection after its done. I am not sure how to explain it I feel like I am not doing it right or something and just wasting gear. I will now in about another week or two I hope, I have felt better in the gym since starting and I wonder if that is in my head two or the fact thay I might be taking advantage of the prop since I am pinning eod 0.6ml plus when I started last week I was 191 now I am 193 and I have been eating clean and doing my cardio and workouts.

Sorry to ramble but S*** take the time and aspirate wont hurt, could actually help if in the wrong spot.

Quote Originally Posted by samson_420 View Post
    What would it do?

I still don't aspirate .

If you pull back blood, can you still use that gear? I heard someone say no and no other info on it at all.
    yes you can still use the gear.

if i would have injected that time, i would have been on the floor in a coughing fit trying to be able to breath.

why wouldnt you aspirate?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post

why wouldnt you aspirate?
    I talked to the pro (my GF), she said it's just a matter of if you want to. She's given 1k+ shots. I also seen plenty of vets on here saying they just jab their gear.

Does sound like a good idea though, just in case if you hit shit.

Edit: Just asked the pro, she said she aspirated one of my injections. That's the time I got a fat welt on my ass, and there was no blood drawn.
    Last edited by < <Samson> >; 04-26-2012 at 10:31 AM.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Quote Originally Posted by samson_420

I talked to the pro (my GF), she said it's just a matter of if you want to. She's given 1k+ shots. I also seen plenty of vets on here saying they just jab their gear.

Edit: Just asked the pro, she said she aspirated one of my injections. That's the time I got a fat welt on my ass, and there was no blood drawn.
    Stick around for a bit and read some of these horror threards bro.. I don't mean that in a negative way, but once you read a few threads about users, even experienced users, falling to the ground, feeling like they're heart is gonna explode, can't breath, laying down in the fetal position shaking and sweating profusely you might change your mind.. I don't have to experience that firsthand to know I never want to. It takes .5 seconds..better safe than sorry..

nooby is offline Associate Member
    I am very surprised at the stupidity here. Not aspirating is far more dangerous than any of the other shit that gets preached about here. Look up pulmonary embolism. I am in the medical field. There is no excuse not to do it, it only takes a second.

Let me explain this a little better. Aspirating lets you know if you are in a vein, which is very possible. When you draw back blood you are in a vein. Injecting into a vein can be and is a deadly situation. I am talking about dropping dead instantly. Good luck to you if you don't listen.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Always a good idea.. as stated, why would you not? Takes a half a second and it could save you from potentially damaging yourself unncessesariliy. It doesn't happen often (for me) but it does happen every now and again so it is a good practice. Just do it.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nooby
    I am very surprised at the stupidity here. Not aspirating is far more dangerous than any of the other shit that gets preached about here. Look up pulmonary embolism. I am in the medical field. There is no excuse not to do it, it only takes a second.
    Hey man it's not necessarily stupidity it's being complacent. You pin for years and always aspirate and you never hit a vein. So you get lazy, get in a hurry and save that precious half second by not aspirating. Not a good practice but we've all probably not done it a couple of times.

Blog Entries
    Why did I bruise when she aspirated the one time? No blood was drawn.

You're joking right? You think when people in the medical field are being taught injections, the instructor says "It's a matter of if you want to."

you may have passed threw a vein

Just depends. Just because you didn't aspirate anything doesn't mean you didn't go through a vein, which is fine, as long as you're not injecting into the vein.

Quote Originally Posted by nooby View Post
    Not a good thing ask my mom she was sitting with my dad when he had one, not from doing a cycle but having cancer. Not something I would want my wife or family going through it sucked. I will take the time.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    It is true that you can do hundreds of shots and not have a problem. But, anyone that felt like they were doing to die because they got some gear in their blood knows the benefits of aspirating.

I have had coughing fits twice. Both times I aspirated...it happens.

There have been a couple of other times I aspirated, saw blood and am grateful I was able to avoid getting gear in my blood those times.

We all take risks every day, but the effects of oil in your blood are harsh and mostly avoidable. My opinion: aspiration is free and fast - no reason to avoid it.

I would recommend that anyone who hasn't read up on how to give injections should. Giving an injection isn't just sticking a needle in your ass. There are rules to it. Not only could you get an embolism, you could be injecting dangerously close to nerves as well. Sticking a large gauge needle through a nerve is also a bad idea. For instance, when giving an injection in the glute, you should always inject in the upper right quadrant.

Picture your but cheek as a U. Now draw A line right down the middle vertically, then another line right through the middle horizontally. These imaginary lines will create four quadrants. You should inject in the Upper Right Quadrant (URQ). This insures that you are not hitting the sciatic nerve. Then yopu should always aspirate to ensure you are not in a vein. Shooting oil into a vein will travel directly to your heart and lungs. VERY BAD.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    My wife went to the best nursing program the state and they told her to always aspirate for intramuscular injections...always.

kolaking is offline Associate Member
    I can tell you that hitting a vein in my experience is pretty scary! I hit some Winny I made about 5 years ago and in seconds my lower back/kidneys where killing me, had an awefull taste in my mouth, heart rate way up, and a strange overall feeling. I ran outside so my wife couldn't see and was pacing the driveway holding my back and bending over asking for God's help that I just didn't fry one of my body's systems; some really scary shit! Aspirated thr rest of the bottle and never had any probs. Different hormones will probably result in dif. symptoms; I know I would hate to hit a vein straight-on with Tren ! All you have to do is nik a vein close to where you depot the injection and your chest will tighten up and you start coughing your nuts up for up to a minute or two. It's just to much for the body to take all at once into the blood stream, don't think it really has any perm. damage but will scare the hell out of you. That being said it only takes a second to pull back, if your in a vein it's going to pull back easy filling up, so you don't need to pull back any more than 1 or 2 seconds if it's in a vacuum. I always will!!!

phoenix44 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samson_420

Unfortunately your taking the wrong advice here.
    Your girlfriend is giving you bad advice. You keep calling her a pro. She is obviously not as good as you think if she is not aspirating it's almost a fluid motion, takes no time whatsoever and can save your life.
    I wish you would actually listen to this advice I've seen you on posts a few times saying its ok because your GF( pro) said so and that is 100% wrong.

Keit81 is offline New Member
    I injected some tren into a vein in my tri's I pulled back I found a little blood so I went in a little deeper figured I passed it and started to inject instantly I tasted oil and some Metallic metal and I started to sweat and my heart was racing and then I pulled it out and coughed for about 15 mins not fun that was the last shot I did that was 6 years ago but gonna give it a try again in June can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by nooby View Post
    I would recommend that anyone who hasn't read up on how to give injections should. Giving an injection isn't just sticking a needle in your ass. There are rules to it. Not only could you get an embolism, you could be injecting dangerously close to nerves as well. Sticking a large gauge needle through a nerve is also a bad idea. For instance, when giving an injection in the glute, you should always inject in the upper right quadrant.

Picture your but cheek as a U. Now draw A line right down the middle vertically, then another line right through the middle horizontally. These imaginary lines will create four quadrants. You should inject in the Upper Right Quadrant (URQ). This insures that you are not hitting the sciatic nerve. Then you should always aspirate to ensure you are not in a vein. Shooting oil into a vein will travel directly to your heart and lungs. VERY BAD.

and for the Left glute it would be upper left quadrant. So it should always be the upper outer quadrant when doing the glute. Sorry for lack of clarity.

phoenix44 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nooby

and for the Left glute it would be upper left quadrant. So it should always be the upper outer quadrant when doing the glute. Sorry for lack of clarity.
    Yes upper outer.

the vaclum can be very strong sometimes, is there a chance to cause any harm if you need to really pull back hard to see if any blood fills? I roughly read a post a while back saying that forcing it back can be harmful.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You're not going to do any damage by aspirating. You can't pull anything up into the needle other than blood. As long as you do not hit a vein and pull in blood there is nothing else in the muscle that can be pulled up. It's a matter of what can really go through the tiny hole in the needle. Nothing really but a liquid. In this case only blood.

Thread Information