LegendaryStash is offline New Member

Should I start taking something?

What's going on everyone? I'm 19 years old, 5'4, about 125lbs, and I'm a professional wrestler. I have always had a good muscle tone, and a decent build for my size, but as many of you know, appearance is a MAJOR part in professional wrestling. The guys I work out with wrestle as well, and they take M-Bol, or something like that. One has done I believe one or two cycles and is RIPPED from it, and is just starting a new cycle. The other guy just started taking it as well, is on his second week and can already tell a size and strength difference. I have a friend that has done several cycles of a few different things and is MASSIVE. He's given me a lot of insight and advice, and he recommends it. I watched the Bigger, Stronger, Faster documentary, but I want to hear some advice from all of you. I'm a very agile and high-flying wrestler, so I wouldn't want to get any heavier than maybe 150lbs or so, and I was wondering if it would increase height as well? I'm pretty clueless about most of the effects. I'm mostly nervous because of a recent experience I had with the "K2" or "Spice" shit. For those that don't know what that is, its like a legal form of marijuana that REALLY ****s with you. It caused me to freak out really bad, and I passed out. I'm mostly nervous about taking something that will cause my heart to race or my mindset to change. I don't want anything to effect me mentally. I also have a disease in my kidneys as well. Don't know if anything will effect my kidneys, but I figured it would be good to include haha. So for you experienced guys out there, please help me out and teach me a few things about what I should take or IF I should take anything at all. Thank you.

BreakingFace is offline Banned
    If you can't get to 150 naturally steroids are not the answer. They may force your body up a few lbs... but at 125 your diet is lacking enough that you will just fall back to your original weight. Diet and training to take your body to/close to its natural limit then worry about using a substance to go further.

traindude is offline Junior Member
    Too young
    Too light

Diet
    Trainning
    rest
    drugs

One by One bro.

warren916 is offline Associate Member
    Kidney problems??? Forget it buddy, and its ****ed up that your "friends" are saying its ok, especially when you have kidney disease...

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Definitely not a good idea.

Dang, you guys are quick to reply haha. Thank you all for the advice. Now, with the kidney situation, what does it do to your kidneys? My kidney disease isn't anything life threatening, it just makes me more prone to get kidney stones. My kidneys are still strong and function properly.

BreakingFace is offline Banned
    Where the kidneys fall into the big picture is in the increased stress placed on them by the relatively large influx of nitrogenous waste products. Steroid use , hard training, and heavy protein supplementation all create more of these waste products in the blood for the kidney to filter. With your condition this can 'wear out' the kidneys faster than in a normal person.

Any friend that told you to go ahead with a kidney condition must have a life insurance policy out on you.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to the board mate!
    The temptation for the young to take steroids , in our drive through window society, is admittedly a great temptation. But your body is still growing, and needs to continue to grow naturally, without you screwing it up with some type of steroid you are considering. Your hormonal system needs to be left alone until your mid twenties, without taking steroids, so that it can develop to it's full genetic potential.
    Congrats on the pro wrestling bit, sounds like fun!
    ---Roman

Thank you for the information guys. I greatly appreciate it. So, if steroids aren't the right thing for now and/or ever, what would you guys recommend to help me build size and strength? For the last month and a half/two months I've been drinking GNC whey protein shakes (two scoops) and a protein bar when I leave the gym. I haven't gained any weight whatsoever, but I've noticed a lot more tone and definition than anything else. Is there something better out there than GNC whey protein? Like, what did you guys do to get as big as possible before starting steroids?

Focused88 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryStash View Post
    Thank you for the information guys. I greatly appreciate it. So, if steroids aren't the right thing for now and/or ever, what would you guys recommend to help me build size and strength? For the last month and a half/two months I've been drinking GNC whey protein shakes (two scoops) and a protein bar when I leave the gym. I haven't gained any weight whatsoever, but I've noticed a lot more tone and definition than anything else. Is there something better out there than GNC whey protein? Like, what did you guys do to get as big as possible before starting steroids?
    What up man

You need a good COMPLETE diet. Just protein after your workouts won't do it.
    Go to the nutrition section here at the forum, or go to a bodybuilding website so you can start to learn how to diet.
    Basically eat above cal. maintenance and u will start to gain weight. Still go and read so you know exactly what you should do, eat etc.
    You definitely shouldn't do any roids now. Too young and have a lot to grow naturally. Train hard and eat big
    Good luck

Hell yeah man. Thank you. Any great bodybuilding websites you know of right off hand that you would recommend?

Focused88 is offline Associate Member
    bodybuilding . com
    And check the Nutrition section here at the forum a lotta good sh!t to read

Sick! Thank you bro. I appreciate the help. I'm going to get up a little earlier to check that out.

bigswoll is offline Banned
    You need to up your slow digesting carbs whole wheat everything pasta, rice, bread etc and sweet potatoes Shud become your best friend eat 4-6 times a day protein/carbs every meal whey protein post workout. Cottage cheese right b4 bed or casein protein also followed by pill zma to maintain your muscle and up your testosterone naturally while u sleep. Stay natural bud 1.5 grams protein body weight 3-4 carbs body weight if u start to get a little pudge then hit the cardio. However your gonna force your body to grow. Also lower your reps and sets and hit your compound exercises HARD! I'm glad your bit your typical know it all newbie your actually taken advice and listening. Being young your metabolism I's high soon it will slow Down and lifting heavy and eating that many carbs will help.

Thanks bro. You guys are giving me A LOT of great tips on everything. And I like to take advice on everything before trying it lol. I was trying to do some research and look stuff up when I found this place, and I figured "What better way to learn than to get person opinions directly from someone" lol. I'm eager to learn new methods because the way I was trying to gain weight just wasn't working out, so I know I have to change it up. I have an EXTREMELY fast metabolism so its hard for me to put on some pounds. Hopefully these methods will work out in my favor.

Thread Information