hobnob is offline Associate Member

Question okay so is insulin very very dangerous and am i stupid to be taking it ??????????????

okay so im running insulin (humalog) at the moment along with my cycle of sust/deca /var and so far absolutly fine no sides etc etc being very carefull with my diet after making sure im getting in fast acting carbs streight after and good solid meal soon after my shake etc. started off at 4iu's and every 2 days going up 1iu. today did 6iu's and still fine but am wondering if this is extremely risky what im doing ??? can insulin be safe if you klnow exactly what your doing ? and whats the chances of becoming dieabetic from using it ??? i never plan to go higher than 10iu's and will only use it post workout and plan to use it for a month at most.
    cheers

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hobnob View Post
    okay so im running insulin (humalog) at the moment along with my cycle of sust/deca /var and so far absolutly fine no sides etc etc being very carefull with my diet after making sure im getting in fast acting carbs streight after and good solid meal soon after my shake etc. started off at 4iu's and every 2 days going up 1iu. today did 6iu's and still fine but am wondering if this is extremely risky what im doing ??? can insulin be safe if you klnow exactly what your doing ? and whats the chances of becoming dieabetic from using it ??? i never plan to go higher than 10iu's and will only use it post workout and plan to use it for a month at most.
    cheers
    you will NEVER know exactly what you are doing with slin. If you take too much, it will kill you. and NO, it will not make you diabetic.

personally, I'd never do slin.

it can work, but best for someone that is very advanced in their art, and hopefully with a buddy "just in case".

at 24, not sure how "advanced" you are?

hobnob is offline Associate Member
    so it wont make me diabetic then ??????? and yes im using it with an expirienced mate

Quote Originally Posted by hobnob View Post
    so it wont make me diabetic then ??????? and yes im using it with an expirienced mate
    why would you thhink that? you think injecting slin will damage your pancreas and impact your natural slin production? you are confusing the feedback mechanism that occurs with testosterone with insulin ..... different!

and i'm glad you are using slin with an experienced mate! that's a huge relief!!!

nooby is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    why would you thhink that? you think injecting slin will damage your pancreas and impact your natural slin production? you are confusing the feedback mechanism that occurs with testosterone with insulin ..... different!

and i'm glad you are using slin with an experienced mate! that's a huge relief!!!
    Uh, because there is something we call in the medical field called "insulin resistance". Don't give people medical advice if you don't know what you are talking about.

You can think of it as insulin "knocking" on the doors of muscle and fat cells. The cells hear the knock, open up, and let glucose in to be used by the cell. With insulin resistance, the muscles don't hear the knock as well (they are resistant), and the pancreas is notified that it needs to make more insulin, which increases the level of insulin in the blood and causes a louder knock.

The resistance of the cells continues to increase over time. As long as the pancreas is able to produce enough insulin to overcome this resistance, blood glucose levels remain normal. When the pancreas can no longer produce enough insulin, the blood glucose levels begin to rise, initially after meals when glucose levels are at their highest and more insulin is needed, but eventually in the fasting state too. At this point, type 2 diabetes is present.

There is risk to all of this stuff, and many of the risk are unknown or unquantifiable. So blanket statements like. "and NO, it will not make you diabetic," are reckless. Are the chances high, no, but there is a risk.

What I would like to know is... How much reward is there from abusing insulin ? Is it worth the risk? How effective is it?

capetown is offline Senior Member
    I lost a friend to it. Will never touch the stuff. Make sure you know the stuff inside out. Simple things such as dosage, slip of the diet, can kill you. My friend started his day like any other and wasnt an idiot. One mistake and now he isnt here. Can happen to anyone using it that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by nooby View Post
    Uh, because there is something we call in the medical field called "insulin resistance". Don't give people medical advice if you don't know what you are talking about.
    doesn't insulin resistance mean it takes an ever increasing amount of insulin to regulate blood sugar levels? doesn't this correlate to a person eating too many simple carbs over long periods of time as in typeII diabetes?

I'm not aware of the concept you bring up, and that being exogeneous insulin makes you more insulin resistant. not trying to be difficult, bbut would be interested if you can back up your statement with some data?
    Last edited by Times Roman; 05-01-2012 at 01:05 PM.

DEE151 is offline Productive Member
    dont mess with it.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    My buddy who was diabetic and lifted always told me guys who ran insulin could cause them to become diabetic by messing up dosages.

I just always assumed since he was diabetic he was right

Quote Originally Posted by Rwy2778 View Post
    My buddy who was diabetic and lifted always told me guys who ran insulin could cause them to become diabetic by messing up dosages.

I just always assumed since he was diabetic he was right
    not sure what this means?

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nooby View Post
    Uh there are several commonly followed protocols regarding insulin use in bodybuilding circles - none of which, if followed, would render the user more likely to become diabetic (in the abscence of a genetic predisposition of course).
    A serious bodybuilder , following a prudent bodybuilding diet / lifestyle will have a high insulin sensativity (again in the abscence of genetic predisposition). Combine this with what in the big picture is short term use and the "becoming diabetic" is fear mongering at best. There are far greater immediate dangers with insulin use than that- mainly care in dosing properly and proper dietary requirements.
    Dont comment on bodybuilding protocols and their consequences if you dont know what you are talking about, or at least dont be a condescending prick about it.

bigswoll is offline Banned
    Many of my friends are body builders who won't be caught without slin and yes the gains are great, and it's super cheap, however, this comes at a price - careless use could cause a plummet in blood sugar levels which could leave the bodybuilder at risk of coma, or even death.

Over the long term, the extra insulin could cause irreversible long-term damage.

These people already have enough insulin. What they are doing is extremely risky,
    Bodybuilders who use insulin could end up becoming diabetic themselves as their body's natural mechanism for producing the hormone stops working properly.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    doesn't insulin resistance mean it takes an ever increasing amount of insulin to regulate blood sugar levels? doesn't this correlate to a person eating too many simple carbs over long periods of time as in typeII diabetes?

I'm not aware of the concept you bring up, and that being exogeneous insulin makes you more insulin resistant. not trying to be difficult, bbut would be interested if you can back up your statement with some data?
    I'm a diabetic also. I dont understand either how taking exogenous insulin can cause you to be insulin resistant either
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    not sure what this means?
    i dont know why i said it that way lol

by taking too much

bigswoll is offline Banned
    Well insulin I's a hormone and like all hormones if your providing your body with enough that it slows or stops production then it will become dependent on synthetic substances . Now that being said i know probably over 30ppl That run insulin and never became a diabetic . Studies show that these ppl That have become diabetic were running stupid amounts 7 days a week numerous times a day for many years. So like anything moderation I's key i personally use humalog pwo 4 days a week 6units. For about 6 weeks then 6 weeks off

Yes it does correlate to a person eating simple carbs, but what happens when you eat simple carbs? Your body produces extra insulin. Carbs don't directly cause diabetes, it's the actions your body takes after eating them that does.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Its is dangerous and you have to be very careful. Diet is a critical factor. Just be sure you have done your homework.
    Always keep a glucose monitor handy,,,some glucose tabs and keep it 8-10iu MAX and dont stay on for two long.
    Alot of guys I work with claim better results with infrequent use like 2-3 days per week (training days are good)

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    you will NEVER know exactly what you are doing with slin. If you take too much, it will kill you. and NO, it will not make you diabetic.

personally, I'd never do slin.

it can work, but best for someone that is very advanced in their art, and hopefully with a buddy "just in case".

at 24, not sure how "advanced" you are?

If this guy even needs to ask if its dangerous, he shouldn't be touching it.

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I'm a diabetic also. I dont understand either how taking exogenous insulin can cause you to be insulin resistant either
    The same way endogenous insulin causes insulin resistance. Sugar isn't the direct cause. Whenever we ingest carbs, the pancreas releases insulin. if we eat complex carbs, the release is slow and controlled, as complex carbs take time to metabolize. Simple carbs cause a much quicker and much larger release of insulin that swamps the insulin receptors. Think of using way to much HCG , and down-regulating your leydig cells. Same thing, the insulin down regulates the receptors. The pancreas still releases plenty of insulin, but it takes much more to illicit the same results. endogenous or exogenous, large bursts of insulin cause insulin resistance. ladies and gentleman, the recipe for non-insulin dependant diabetes mellitus. This isn't to say using insulin can't be done safely, but it has an incredibly narrow therapeutic window, the space between the minimum effective dosage and toxicity. Just remember, to much insulin and your blood sugar plummets. Your brain NEEDS sugar as it needs oxygen. if your blood sugar is low enough, the effect is the same on your brain as respiratory arrest. Remember your blood sugar (Canadian measurements) four to eight, feeling great!!!

Taiaha is offline New Member
    i have been thinking about using it as i have got my hands on some gh. as much as i read still very confusing lol. if i was going to do it i would use 1iu straight after training as it helps u to recovery and with all ure nutrients this way i have been told so don't blast me if i am wrong lol and and have a carb meal straight after so 1iu after training 5days a week. what u guys think of that? i agree with bigswoll 6 weeks on 6 weeks off.

Thread Information