Badluck33 is offline New Member

Test boost/anabolic advice?

Hi,

Male
    29 years old
    185 lbs
    5'9
    17-19% body fat.

Over the past 2 years I have been going thru a constant battle with my body. I have been trying to sculpt it and not getting the results I am looking for. My main goal is to just get real lean and flatten my stomach. My biggest issue I have is that I have a hard time creating and maintaining muscle. Another concern I have is my visceral fat. I have very little fat on my arms, legs and back. When I have body fat tests done, the person taking measurements has a hard time pinching fat in those areas. I have a small beer belly(even tho I do not drink) that I think is hereditary as my father had it also. When I set my goals, I try my hardest to accomplish them. I can tighten my stomach right now and feel a six pack thru a thin layer of fat but you can't see it because of the obvious fat in the way. I think you can compare my body to someone like Chuck liddell if anyone is familiar with his body type and MMA. He looks like he is a beer drinker with his beer gut. Anyways, I have been trying many different ways of accomplishing this over the past 2 years, I am running out of ideas...

Methods I have tried so far...

~I have done things like adjusting my diet. I dont think my problem is diet as I assume most people will tell me that immediately. It was my first conclusion as well and it helped but didn't help me achieve my goal. I know all about carb reduction, carb cycling, calorie counting, paleo dieting, and eating healthy whole foods. I take a multi- vitamin and an Omega 3 fish oil every day also.

~Signed up in MMA and signed up for an MMA fight. I figured this would be a great way to be improve discipline, get coached along the way and help me trim fat. My weight before I took fight was 175 and I agreed to fight at 155. In 8 weeks I was able to get my body down to 164 before shedding down the last 8 lbs the week before fight to make weight. I know for sure when I walked in to cage that my weight was at around 165. Even at that point, my body did not change one bit. Still had firm muscle tones but had a small beer gut!

~I started to take LEGAL supplements. I took a LEGAL oral anabolic called Halovar. I had some muscle gains from it that only lasted 1 week past my cycle after that my body started converting back its old self. Also messed up my liver in process so I wont be doing something like that again. I also took cycles from HGHup, Primal Male, AHD, LIPOblack6 and even TongKat Ali. All these cycles weren't done together. I did them one after another with 3-4 week break in between. However, I didn't get results from any of them. My conclusion on all these LEGAL supplements I took from local Nutritional store is that they aren't as effective as i wanted them to be. I wouldn't get back on them until I figure out what I could really do for myself to see improvements. This is still all relatively new to me and still am ignorant to many things out there available.

~ Adjusted my workouts. During the cycles I would work out 3 days a week. Each workout would be based around supersets. I did 6 exercises by 4 sets x 10 reps that were all push-pull-push-pull-push-pull. I thought this was a great workout as it really helped with cardio and I was able to do it all in a matter of 45 minutes. After each work out I would take in a casein protein(insupro). Running 3 miles at a time with goals of 17 miles a week on treadmill. During the day I would take Whey proteins in between small meals. Overall i would try and achieve 180 grams of protein per day. Ate lots of chicken, turkey, greens and almonds.

~I started to take ILLEGAL supplements. I got my hands on a liquid anavar . I really didn't wanna go the route of another oral anabolic but I have heard from many people that it was very easy on liver as the Halovar really messed me up. Anavar made me feel different through out day but I didn't really see the results I was looking for. In fact I may have seen better results with Halovar. When on Anavar I was taking 60ml a day for 5 weeks and tried upping my protein to about 220 - 250 grams per day. One thing it did for me was up my cardio. I never seen my cardio as good as it was while on any thing else.

~ Went to doctor. I started reading into signs of low test and I could honestly say that I have all signs associated with the symptoms of Low Test EXCEPT for E.D. With constant struggles of improving my body type I went to see a doctor to get my testosterone checked out. Anyways, it turns out that I was right and my test was a low 265. Doctor said is was called ''low-average'' but not low enough to put me on testosterone. (wtf, right?) I did some research in to it and they were telling me that average male is between 250 and 800. IMO that is a pretty wide scale and I think that some of today's doctors aren't entirely unaware of what low-test is and what it can potentially do to someone.

I think with the information I have gathered that my low testosterone is the culprit to my struggles on improving my body. I have concluded to 3 options so far on how to proceed fix that....

1. Get doctor to prescribe me testosterone. I told him that I was on some supplements that may have increased my body's natural testosterone when I took my first blood test and he is allowing me to take the blood test again. Before I do that I will try and find some sort of supplement that will drop my test temporarily just to get me the low score. I know of other methods like getting real drunk the night before and getting barely any sleep which I may try to do too. Hopefully the test score will come back low-enough where he will say "yes, I think we can put you on test" Btw, I did tell my urologist all my low-test symptoms and he believes that low-test isn't a problem because I don't have ED....

2. Self medicate. I know there are better supplements out there that will help me improve my testosterone production with out getting prescribed. I do not know what is out there and its hard to find good opinions online because most of them are an opinion followed by their link to sell you a test-boost. So thats not really an opinion, just a cheap ad. I also think getting back on another anavar cycle and stack it with OTC test boosters combined with hitting weights may get different results. Will I get better results if I stack anavar with a test boost? Should I stay away from it?

3. Lipo. I know this is cheating and frowned upon. I do not want to do it at all but if my body wont respond to anything that I'm doing to it, I think I may have no choice. My visceral fat isn't my only problem but it would certainly help a battle that I am always dealing with.

I am not too worried about the cost as I know this will improve my over all health and well being which I think is very important to me. My father died at a heart attack at 56 years old. I, like any other man, do not fear much in life other than death. I have 2 kids and I wife that I do not want to leave behind at a young age.

I posted today to just gather opinions from people who i know are capable of giving me smart and respectable answers. Please try not to be harsh on my methods or in the manner I have tried to reach my goals. I do not claim to be a professional at this as I wouldn't be coming to this forum to help me get answers. I also want to apologize if I posted in wrong thread. Moderators can move it if they like but I didn't know where to put this.....

Thoughts? Concerns? Advice?

I'm open to anything....

-Jon

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Why not post a pic for bodyfat estimates and also detail your cutting diet, including macro's and we'll go from there!?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

meal 1: When Protein with Fiber added. Protein has 110 cals per scoop. No sugar, no carbs. I use 2 scoops
    meal 2: Almonds and apple
    meal 3: Chicken and baby spinach or ezekiel bread with turkey
    meal 4: Protein again.
    meal 5: gluten free pasta, little sauce.

3/4 to a 1 gallon of water a day.
    Last edited by Badluck33; 05-21-2012 at 11:18 AM.

I will post pics when I get home later.

BIGB is offline Associate Member
    First thing you can't lipo visceral fat that is fat that builds up on the different omentums that hold all your internal organs in place and some times it just doesn't go away and taking testosterone wont make it go away either some times it is also contributed to organ size in small abdominal cavity that will cause the protruding look. Diet is best option and lots of cardio. but you may have to live with it. stay healthy is the key.

cb714 is offline Member
    Your diet is kinda crappy man. When I say crappy, I mean you're not eating enough to put on and maintain muscle.

You're test is definitely low. If you wanna get on trt try switching up doctors. Also, quick tip, your score comes back significantly lower after a long weekend of drinking and no sleep. Go party it up for a weekend and take a blood test on Monday, the later in the day the better for lower levels. Morning time is when it tends to be the highest.

But honestly, before getting on any sort of AAS, either for cycling or TRT, get your diet down man. Hit up the the diet section on this site. Lots of good info and diet plans you can go off of. Good luck man.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    OP, I can't pm you or mail you. So, in response to your mail to me, read the stickies in the nutrition forum and post a diet with macro's for review. So not start taking anything until your diet is sorted and your bodyfat down to a reasonable level. Cheers.

Thread Information