Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    reiss c is offline Associate Member

Stomach ulcers and juice

May b a simple question. But ive searched and can't seem find real Answers just over a year ago was in life threatening condition with 2 burst stomach ulcers due to anadin extra and dicnathenic (spelling) taking these for a slipped disk n e way been lifting for few years would injecting affect my old ment to be gone stomach ulcers obviously orals r a no go any advice be much appreciated thanks

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Inflammopharmacology. 2008 Feb;16(1):40-7.
    Gastric secretion, proinflammatory cytokines and epidermal growth factor (EGF) in the delayed healing of lingual and gastric ulcerations by testosterone.
    Machowska A, Brzozowski T, Sliwowski Z, Pawlik M, Konturek PC, Pajdo R, Szlachcic A, Drozdowicz D, Schwarz M, Stachura J, Konturek SJ, Pawlik WW.
    Source

Department of Physiology, Jagiellonian University Medical College, 16 Grzegorzecka Street, 31-531, Cracow, Poland.
    Abstract

Hormonal fluctuations are known to predispose ulceration of the upper gastrointestinal tract, but to date no comparative study of their effects on the healing of pre-existing ulcers in the oral cavity and stomach has been made. We studied the effects of depletion of testosterone and of EGF on the healing of acetic acid-induced ulcers using rats having undergone bilateral orchidectomy and/or salivectomy respectively. We measured alterations in gastric acid secretion and blood flow at ulcer margins, as well as plasma levels of testosterone , gastrin and the proinflammatory cytokines IL-1 beta and TNF-alpha. Testosterone (0.01-10 mg/kg/day i. m.) dose-dependently delayed oral and gastric ulcer healing. When applied in an optimal dose of 1 mg/kg/day, this hormone significantly raised gastric acid secretion and plasma IL-1 beta and TNF-alpha levels. Attenuation of plasma testosterone levels via bilateral orchidectomy inhibited gastric acid secretion and accelerated the healing of oral and gastric ulcers, while increasing plasma gastrin levels and these effects were reversed by testosterone. Salivectomy raised plasma testosterone levels, and delayed oral and gastric ulcer healing. Treatment of salivectomised animals with testosterone further inhibited ulcer healing, and this effect was counteracted by EGF. We propose that testosterone delays ulcer healing via a fall in blood flow at the ulcer margin, a rise in plasma levels of IL-1 beta and TNF-alpha and, in the case of gastric ulcers, an increase in gastric acid secretion. EGF released from the salivary glands plays an important role in limitation of the deleterious effects of testosterone on ulcer healing.

Cheers for that. Out of interest what did u type in to find this ??

Been debating to go to my doctor and saying I wanna do a cycle :/

AD
    i search on google: "testosterone gastric peptic ulcer". a few medical papers came out on the first page.

but most studies are regarding current ulcers, not about healed ulcers. so you may still have hope..

you're off your pain meds right?

Dam only just seen your reply lol

Yh been over year ago I had the ulcer n ain't touched ulcer tabs since

AD
    if you're ulcer-free for over a year, you're probably safe to consider a cycle. remember to stay off the pain-killers and have some ulcer meds on hand just in case.

Yh man I was considering taking ulcer meds whilst on a cycle for safe purpose only what would you suggest be a safe not ott cycle ?

Cheers

cruyff is offline Junior Member
    If you do opt for orals which I highly advise against (they always bother my stomach) make sure to eat plenty of food first. That fixed my troubles even if it decreases potency.

Yh I'm staying away from orals lol if I cycle I've heard you loose your gains lot easier or something but might b wrong lol

AD
    read all the stickies in the Educational subsection. a lot of essential info on roids and a few beginner's cycles to choose from. good luck.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    i get acid reflux bbad.....

AD
    Just on cycle or all the time?

If you get bad acid. Do you take any think for it ??? N also you pinning or on orals ?

Atomini is offline Banned
    Go see a thread I created recently titled something like "nolvadex causing nausea and lethargy? please help"

I am convinced I have a stomach ulcer caused by anadrol tabs I used on a cycle that ended a week ago. Then when I started using Nolvadex, it seemed to be aggrivated even further by it. Ever since yesterday I havent been able to eat, been puking everything up including water. Great for PCT eh? Anyhow, last night I got perscribed a proton pump inhibitor to reduce stomach acid levels. But i'm back at another doctor for a 2nd opinion because it might not have been the anadrol... Could be Helicobacter Pylori from me drinking refilled single-use bottled water that was left in my hot car. So im trying to get some antibiotics.

Either way, i'd advise you to stay away from orals, or if you do want orals... Make sure to take them with food. I always took all my tabs on an empty stomach, and if its not the bacteria... That could be why. I'm still trying to figure this shit out!

R u vomiting black coffee like sick ??? Blood from both ends? Sorry to sound creepy I had these symptoms I had 2 burst ulcers .. Drinking milk mild the pains but 100% do not take. Anti inflammatory pain killers.

Ask to go on omeprozole. These r tabs I was on after was rushed to hospital. Let us no please mate even if u pm me. Hope all goes okay

I was just going to ask you what you were given and what your ulcers were like.

No, no blood in my vomit and its not black. My stool IS dark, very dark though. BUT, it could be from the pepto bismol I used a day ago. I will keep an eye on my stool to see if it goes away or stays like that. Could be a bad sign if it stays like that.

At the walk-in clinic last night, the doc gave me Lansoprazole instead of omeprozole. They both do the same thing. Lansoprazole is probably more effective. I took one capsul last night and one this morning. I still barfed this morning though. I ate some baby food about an hour ago and its sitting pretty well. Hopefully as time goes on this will subside, and that I got the lansoprazole just in time before this ulcer progressed to a really bad stage.

Yh I believe your tabs r stronger mine we 20mg. Had take 2 aday. Do u feel bloated ?

I didn't no I had 1 till was to late lol. Was down the pub with few mates. ( I don't drink alcohol) and I fort it was a hernia I got horrible lump / cramp in right side of my stomach

Mine was down to anadin extra and diclathenic. another. Pain relief drug docs gave me for a slipped disk ..

Hopefully your tabs fix it.. May b in future if I do a cycle. I would take my ulcer tabs alongside can't see it doing n e harm

Oh man it sounds like you waited too long before doing anything. I'm so glad I seemed to have got this before it got bad. I don't think it's a full blown ulcer but if I had left it, it would be.

Yeah I feel bloated whenever I eat anything. Even when I drink water. I'm trying to stick to all liquids and/or all mushy food right now, seems to sit well. But even when I drink water, I need to do it slowly or I feel bloated as hell and might even barf. If I have to take orals of anything again (even stuff like nolva for pct), I will always do it on an empty stomach.

The problem with taking ulcer tabs like lansoprazole or omeprozole before taking oral steroids (or any oral administered drug, medicine, or vitamins) is that because the ulcer drugs reduce the acidity of your stomach acid environment, your stomach won't be able to break down/digest things nearly as well. So as a result, whatever pills you take will have a far lower absorbtion and bioavailability if you take them after taking ulcer tabs. This is also why I hate this whole thing, it means that as long as im using this lansoprazole, my body isn't truly taking in as much calories and nutrients as im trying to feed my body because of the less efficient digestion. HOW much less efficient do these things make it? I have no idea, but it can't be 100%.

Either way, im sticking to baby food, yogurt and ensure. God, I feel like a senile old man eating like this.... lol.

Lol. Hope all goes well man..

I do think tho. Injecting steroids . Doesnt go thru the stomach am I right. ?? So in that case it wouldn't affect a ulcer or create 1 so I feel this best option

That's right. The other good thing about sticking to injectables is that it doesn't have a first-pass through the liver. Anything and everything that goes into your mouth and in your stomach makes a first-pass through your liver. Injectables avoid that, and therefore present far less stress on your liver. Not to mention, ALL injectables (with the exception of winstrol ) do not have C17 alpha alkylation on their structure, which places significant stress on your liver. All oral steroids have that, because they require it to be absorbed at all through oral administration.

Are u going do another cycle mate ? I've been debating long time to do 1 it's been year or just over since mine happen so rekon be okay (I hope) lol I'm lil scared tho

Yeah i've got my next cycle planned to start August 1st. But i'm not running any orals, just doing tren and test. I have a bunch of left over anadrol from this cycle I just did but I probably will either sell them to a friend or save them for later on (unlikely, since I am not interested in using orals ever again really).

Yh man that's the best bet not touch orals. Is it really worth the risk when u know jabs don't touch stomach... I was thinking of a test cycle just need do bit more research befor I do lol.

Yeah for sure do more research.

Only thing i'm concerned about is my ability to take nolvadex . Like I said before, this whole thing over the last few days that's been happening to me I SUSPECT was because of nolvadex. Now, that's something I NEED for PCT to recover. Either way, there could be a million possibilities as to why I have this gastric problem right now. Could be a stomach virus, could be an ulcer caused by the anadrol , or bacteria, or the nolvadex, or whatever other random fluke. Could be liver problems (that was my first worry actually), lol. I don't know what it is and that's what's pissing me off but i'm just glad there's no blood in my vomit or anything and that it seems like i'm getting better and holding food down. I'm taking liver support stuff too just to cover that possibility as well.

Your very lucky mate u caught it early . What gains did u get from ya cycle. N have u lost it all due to this ?

I'm not sure... lol. I'm kinda freaking out over it though. Visibly in the mirror, I can't see much mass decrease... but then again, I see myself in the mirror every day and only someone who hasn't seen me in a few days might notice something, so i'll wait for input from others I guess. I stepped on the scale this morning since wednesday last week, and i'm down 10 lbs... 207 from 217 last week (217 as of first day of PCT, so that's fresh off the cycle).

Now, I was using Anadrol on cycle with test prop. Questions going through my head are: is that 10lbs just water retention lost from the anadrol? Is that water lost from me puking everything out of me and not being able to drink the last couple days? I only started really being able to drink a lot more water last night and all day today. My urine is still a strong color though. Either way, I know that 1 day of fasting/starving yourself won't really result in muscle loss, just water. But it's been 2 days of eating nothing (monday and tuesday) and today i've been eating a lot more, but it hasn't been my typical chicken and sweet potato diet. It's been ensure, baby food, bananas, and probiotic yogurt lol. At least i'm getting SOMETHING into me. And I have no idea how much longer i'm going to have to go eating like this.

Another question is... what's my strength going to be like when I get back in the gym?? All of this a week into PCT. THIS SUCKS.

Lol. Must of been water retention ... Also what is it with baby food ?? Ive noticed few people saying they eat it on a cycle. N it's on a film. Rise of foot solider.

What?? And I thought I was being weird. I only bought baby food because of my stomach issue, I need something easy on my stomach that I can hold down. I didn't know it was a common thing to eat on cycle...???? lol

Show me where you saw this.

Type on google baby food for body builders I'll post a link if not lol. I believe it's a common thing I googled it after watching the film lol. Honestly it's not bull s*it lol

castiron is offline Associate Member
    interesting

Quote Originally Posted by reiss c View Post
    Type on google baby food for body builders I'll post a link if not lol. I believe it's a common thing I googled it after watching the film lol. Honestly it's not bull s*it lol
    Mmmmm this is what i'm having right now lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BABYFOOD1.jpg 
Views:	705 
Size:	442.6 KB 
ID:	123945

I did some googling.... looks like apparently babyfood is the most rigorously tested food, so it's considered very safe, free of contaminants, and healthy. And cheap in bulk. Read of some guys eating it for post-workout for the carbs, chicken and sweet potato baby food after a workout. Apparently it's very high in nutrition, as it is for babies after all. People might be on to something... I might have it PWO from now on lol.

I've grown to enjoy it over the last day and a half!

Lol yh I hear its tasty stuff. Just expensive lol

I hear taste good lol but like said unless brought in bulk can be expensive lol.

Did the doctor not mention to have a camera down ya throat ?? Worse feeling in world but I had to have this done. Just asked be knocked out .. They had to knock me out half way thru as I kinda flipped out lol

No, he didn't. Reason being he didn't think my condition was bad enough he needed to do the whole gastric endoscopy. If it gets worse, that would probably be the next step.

They r horrible lol.

What would u say about doing a pro hormone cycle ??? Or would u think to stay away from any thing oral

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reiss c View Post
    They r horrible lol.

What would u say about doing a pro hormone cycle ??? Or would u think to stay away from any thing oral
    Just stay off of all orals, especially anadrol, it's that simple! And no I would not use pro hormones with your condition. Tren also causes heart burn for some. Go with drugs like testosterone, masterone and deca. You don't need olras. Anti-es can gives you some serious heart burn (especially liquid versions from research companies) so rely on masteron for controlling estrogen. Nolvadex is not needed for pct, only hcg! And baby food is not your answer..lol..Zegrid is a great drug for controlling acid reflux but you need to consume the proper foods (non acidic foods) and keep a close watch on things by a qualified physician.
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 06-22-2012 at 05:34 AM.

So when u say keep an eye on things from qualified person. Do u mean. Doctors ??? How would I explain that :/

I'd love be able to tell my doc make me feel loads better. N cheers for ya advice that's very helpful a*

Yeah he said a qualified physician.

Ronnie, i've been doing A LOT of reading and research over the last day or to and i'm finding overwhelming evidence that the 'acid reflux' a lot of people claim to get from C17AA oral steroids and/or anti-estrogens is actually in reality a bile issue in relation to the hepatoxic effects of said compounds. I am going to be making a big post soon with my findings for people to see.

I am convinced my recent bout with what SEEMED like a stomach ulcer is actually a liver issue caused by my use of Anadrol 50, and further aggrivated by nolvadex when I entered PCT. All of my symptoms described that, and since taking liver support (SERIOUS liver support) supplements, I have steadily been recovering and feeling incredibly better. I am actually able to take my nolvadex now again with no issues at all.

So how do u go about talking to a doc about this ?

It depends on where you live, and ultimately it depends on the doctor himself. As you might already know, every doctor is different, has a different attitude towards different things, and different opinions.

My doc, for example, my FIRST day seeing him at the meet and greet, I told him i've used and use anabolic steroids . I told him that because of my use, I want to look into having regular bloodwork done before and after my cycles to make sure everything is okay. He mentioned that he of course didn't think I should be doing AAS, and that he couldn't give me bloodwork that frequently but he granted me regular blood tests every few months. He was a cool guy about it and said that he would not place my steroid use in my medical files for insurance purposes, etc. At this point, however, I think he's forgotten about my use since I told him about it 3 years ago since he sees so many patients he frequently forgets off the top of his head details about them until he opens their med file lol.

Anyhow, some doctors are cool with it, some are neutral with it, and some are plain dicks about it. The best thing to do is go to your doctor, mention your AAS use, mention that you want to be responsible about it in doing bloodwork to track your health and make sure everything is okay before, during, and after the cycle. If your doctor completely opposes it and refuses to help you, ditch him and find a new one. Doctors are supposed to help you and work for you, not the other way around. Also, make sure whatever doctor you interview/ask about this knows at least the basics about hormones in blood tests, etc. as a lot of GPs are not very knowledgeable in specific areas like that. Most doctor's don't know jack shit about steroids. Most know about as much as your neighbor does from watching what the TV told them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information